Page 7 of 8

Re: [DEV] Link Page 0.0.4

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:37 am
by FreakyBlue
You haven't made the necessary edits to the ./includes/constants.php file.
Check the install.xml file again that's included in the MOD package. If it's an update from v0.0.3 to 0.0.4 you should check the update_0.0.3_to_0.0.4 file in the ./contrib/update folder.

Re: [DEV] Link Page 0.0.4

Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:31 pm
by FreakyBlue
Today I've made good progress on the development of the Linkpage MOD.
A lot of features have been added. For example:
  1. - Added group permissions
    - Added configuration settings module
    - Added disable linkpage option
    - Added set column value option for category and links page
    - Added max links and max categories value option for category and links page
    - Added pagination to linkpage MOD pages
    - Added use external links option
    - Added viewonline integration
The only feature I want to add also for the next release is the click counter of links. I hope to get that done soon.

If you use this MOD and you have translated it to another language than Dutch, English or Italian, I would really love it if you would share it. You can pm me here @ phpBB.com or @ IDLaunch.org.

Re: [ALPHA] Link Page 0.0.5

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:32 pm
by FreakyBlue
With proud I announce the release of MOD version 0.0.5. The Linkpage MOD has left the [DEV] status and has entered the [ALPHA] phase.

What's new in this version?
Development report version 0.0.5:
1. Added group permissions
2. Added click counter links
3. Added configuration settings module
4. Added disable linkpage option
5. Added set column value option for category and links page
6. Added max links and max categories value option for category and links page
7. Added pagination to linkpage MOD pages
8. Added use or disable category image option
9. Added use or disable link image option
10. Added use external links option (bitpixel integration)
11. Added viewonline integration

No bugfixes are included, cause there were no known bugs ;)

Happy updating.
Greetz,
FreakyBlue

Re: [ALPHA] Link Page 0.0.5

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:40 pm
by Peter77sx
Very nice... just updated. it's come a long ways and congrats for ALPHA release :)

2 suggetions: If lp_index.php is gonna be used instead, maybe add a index.html in the directory... i personally might rename it to index.php see if that works out for me. I like directories to work that way. :lol:

Also, maybe later down the road make another way to choose category to place a link. ( dropdown list maybe ) but i'm sure you've thought about this already being that the MOD is still in early stages.


Thanks agian. :)

Re: [ALPHA] Link Page 0.0.5

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:44 pm
by lovelysummer
Hi Freakyblue,

Updated to 0.0.5 , I got problems. Images in link category cannot be generated and this happens to ACP also but images in the links index is fine. My previous root is images/linkpage/images/myfishsite.png and worked fine.

Secondly, in viewonline , to click the link category goes to the category page , but everything is collapsed. I noticed the url is

Code: Select all

http://my_forum/linkpage/lp_category.php
But the exact url is

Code: Select all

http://my_forum/linkpage/lp_category.php?cat_id=1
Any idea ? Did I do something wrong? :(

Thank you

Re: [ALPHA] Link Page 0.0.5

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:02 am
by FreakyBlue
Peter77sx wrote:If lp_index.php is gonna be used instead, maybe add a index.html in the directory... i personally might rename it to index.php see if that works out for me. I like directories to work that way. :lol:
I've used that structure before, but many complained that the active tab from a navigation menu is hard to code that way (the board index link also lights up). This way this can easily be avoided ;)
Just changing the lp_index.php to index.php won't work. You need to edit the code also to get that work.
lovelysummer wrote:Updated to 0.0.5 , I got problems. Images in link category cannot be generated and this happens to ACP also but images in the links index is fine. My previous root is images/linkpage/images/myfishsite.png and worked fine.
Check your settings for the link images. Don't use the external link option (set to no) and activate link images. Refresh your template files and check again. It should work fine that way ;)

About the viewonline .. I'll take care of it in the next release.

Re: [ALPHA] Link Page 0.0.5

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:38 pm
by lovelysummer
Thanks for your reply Freakblue. Setting the Use external image to 'no' now I get the images. :D

One more minor question about permission. Being as a founder and an admin simoutanously, I have to set myself permission under Admin group. Otherwise I cannot view the link page. This is my case. What about if someone is a founder but not an admin ? Does his permission is already included?

Thankyou very much. :)

Re: [ALPHA] Link Page 0.0.5

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:11 pm
by Peter77sx
FreakyBlue wrote:
Peter77sx wrote:If lp_index.php is gonna be used instead, maybe add a index.html in the directory... i personally might rename it to index.php see if that works out for me. I like directories to work that way. :lol:
I've used that structure before, but many complained that the active tab from a navigation menu is hard to code that way (the board index link also lights up). This way this can easily be avoided ;)
Just changing the lp_index.php to index.php won't work. You need to edit the code also to get that work.
Well that is strange... and yes, I know. ;)

Re: [ALPHA] Link Page 0.0.5

Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:45 am
by canadianlatitude
:mrgreen: Update went great. Thanks. :)

Re: [ALPHA] Link Page 0.0.5

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:05 pm
by FreakyBlue
canadianlatitude wrote::mrgreen: Update went great. Thanks. :)
You're welcome ;)

Today I've noticed two bugs in the Linkpage MOD v0.0.5. When updating the link category content or the link information content in the ACP module, the view or click count is being reset to zero. That should not happen.

I already got the fix for it. You can find it at the bugtracker @ IDLaunch.org: http://idlaunch.org/tracker.php?p=4

Re: [ALPHA] Link Page 0.0.5

Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:54 am
by lovelysummer
Thanks for the bug fixed :mrgreen:

Re: [ALPHA] Link Page 0.0.5

Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:39 am
by canadianlatitude
Thanks. :mrgreen: :D

Re: [ALPHA] Link Page 0.0.5

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:26 am
by Holger
thanks a lot for developing this great mod!

Is it possible for the boardmembers to add links?
If not: freature request :D

Re: [ALPHA] Link Page 0.0.5

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:05 am
by Holger
I installed 0.0.5 and I get this when I try to add a category:
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Field 'linkcategory_view' doesn't have a default value [1364]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_linkpage_categories (linkcategory_title, linkcategory_desc, linkcategory_image, linkcategory_order, linkcategory_image_use, linkcategory_blank) VALUES ('Bloggar', 'Länkar till externa bloggar', '', 0, 2, 1)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 163
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_linkpage.php
LINE: 161
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: acp_linkpage->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()

Re: [ALPHA] Link Page 0.0.5

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:29 pm
by Holger
FreakyBlue wrote:
canadianlatitude wrote::mrgreen: Update went great. Thanks. :)
You're welcome ;)

Today I've noticed two bugs in the Linkpage MOD v0.0.5. When updating the link category content or the link information content in the ACP module, the view or click count is being reset to zero. That should not happen.

I already got the fix for it. You can find it at the bugtracker @ IDLaunch.org: http://idlaunch.org/tracker.php?p=4
By the way, I tried this fix and I get errormessages by that.