[ABD]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Locked
User avatar
mjimeyg
Registered User
Posts: 840
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: London

Re: [BETA]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by mjimeyg »

chuck60 wrote:ok I am really having issues with this mod when you are logged in and click connect you account is in fact connected but the password is changed and you also cannot login with regular login details to board with out clicking on fbconnect again.

also when i a make new account via fbconnect the regitration block appears with your facebook info and you have to "enter unique username for this site" it goes blank right after you click register.

Has anyone encountered these issues?
The first part is standard behaviour for the mod. The passwords are changed to something that is unique to your fb account and that can be used to authenticate you.

Once you sign up with FB you can't log in with the standard phpBB login.

As for the error in creating a new account with FB, I can only suggest checking that all the FB details are correct in the ACP and Facebook itself.
Questions answered via forums only, no pms or emails. Thank you.

ConSof Alternate Login for phpBB

Image Image
User avatar
mjimeyg
Registered User
Posts: 840
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: London

Re: [BETA]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by mjimeyg »

Emperorita wrote:Hi all , im new.
I have a problem with this mod.
I install it with automod and i have tried to login with facebook module.
I see this problem :

Code: Select all

    [phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_alternatelogin.php on line 425: file_get_contents(https://graph.facebook.com/oauth/access_token?client_id=227582233939096&redirect_uri=http%3A%2F%2Femperorlab.altervista.org%2Fforum%2Falternatelogin%2Fal_fb_connect.php&client_secret=&code=5GR6LHHOnZO2MxDvYJZKgP6CTwZkw_Sgl0agxQ4m2pY.eyJpdiI6ImpOVUNyRTl3TUk0d2FxWUtiWDN5T2cifQ.89eUcl5YL22794jfJMfll3aelNgBpvC9g5en_ijuyy8ReQGrqQycU78rb70QFDY_K8e5zuF1T-KIvuJrtNiIeCzyemBJqNVITNhZpS1fFCxA7RJ6hNCI2bZEWEXq4x4e) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /alternatelogin/al_fb_connect.php on line 52: file_get_contents(https://graph.facebook.com/me?) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request

Can you help me ??
Sorry for my bad english ... :(
This appears to be an error where the details entered in the ACP don't match the details in the FB App details.
Questions answered via forums only, no pms or emails. Thank you.

ConSof Alternate Login for phpBB

Image Image
User avatar
mjimeyg
Registered User
Posts: 840
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: London

Re: [BETA]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by mjimeyg »

DIAMONDSTAR wrote:Great mod ;)

I am trying to integrate forum in to iframe fbapp and it is all done and working nice and fast.
This fast and easy fblogin to forum is great idea for nowadays lazzy pp :)
Yes the problem ....
Forum is in iframe and it is all facebook friendly just when i log in i want to stay on fb not to have forum on whole page but to stay in iframe.
I need to ask you first if you can help before i start do diging for login redirect stuff around.

P.S. When i type link of my fbapp after login i get what i want forum in iframe so i guess it is not a big deal to be redirected there right after login.(my english is not that bad please blame my fat fingers)
In order to place the entire forum in a Facebook frame, you would need to write a style from scratch. Facebook canvas pages only allow the code between the

Code: Select all

<body>
tags.
Questions answered via forums only, no pms or emails. Thank you.

ConSof Alternate Login for phpBB

Image Image
User avatar
bobz1993
Registered User
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:17 am
Location: Glendale, NY
Contact:

Re: [BETA]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by bobz1993 »

Hi. This is looking great so far =o
Managed to get rid of a bunch of errors after noticing the ssl extension wasn't enabled in php.

Still 2 errors I've noticed so far.
On the Edit Profile page everything is crammed together when you're linked with fb though it does sync the information.
On the top of the page I see

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/ucp/ucp_profile.php on line 275: file_get_contents(https://graph.facebook.com/me?NULL) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request 
Also on the signature page a similar error when trying to sync status to the signature, except it unchecks the box and the status is not synced.

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/ucp/ucp_profile.php on line 496: file_get_contents(https://graph.facebook.com/me/statuses?NULL) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request 
Avatar syncing works fine for me so far. Only thing I'd like to see done there is that it syncs everything with fb automatically.

UPDATE: Today I am instantly logged out after logging in, making me unable to access anything...

I'd like to push this to the correct people soon, so any information will help.
The mod was installed over a fresh 3.0.8 installation @ http://bobzent.info/canton/forums/
Last edited by bobz1993 on Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALIENQuake
Registered User
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:06 pm

Re: [BETA]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by ALIENQuake »

Clean phpbb 3.0.9, clean install of Auto MOD, clean install of alternatelogin-2011.05.19.01.

Trying to login via OpenID:
General Error
Define Auth_OpenID_RAND_SOURCE as null to continue with an insecure random number generator.
Trying to login via Facebook:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions_alternatelogin.php on line 425: file_get_contents(https://graph.facebook.com/oauth/access ... ent_id=xxx) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /alternatelogin/al_fb_connect.php on line 52: file_get_contents(https://graph.facebook.com/me?) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request
:(
User avatar
mjimeyg
Registered User
Posts: 840
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: London

Re: [BETA]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by mjimeyg »

bobz1993 wrote:Hi. This is looking great so far =o
Managed to get rid of a bunch of errors after noticing the ssl extension wasn't enabled in php.

Still 2 errors I've noticed so far.
On the Edit Profile page everything is crammed together when you're linked with fb though it does sync the information.
On the top of the page I see

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/ucp/ucp_profile.php on line 275: file_get_contents(https://graph.facebook.com/me?NULL) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request 
Also on the signature page a similar error when trying to sync status to the signature, except it unchecks the box and the status is not synced.

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/ucp/ucp_profile.php on line 496: file_get_contents(https://graph.facebook.com/me/statuses?NULL) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request 
Avatar syncing works fine for me so far. Only thing I'd like to see done there is that it syncs everything with fb automatically.

UPDATE: Today I am instantly logged out after logging in, making me unable to access anything...

I'd like to push this to the correct people soon, so any information will help.
The mod was installed over a fresh 3.0.8 installation @ http://bobzent.info/canton/forums/

The bunching up always happens when a debug or php warning appears at the top of the page. Once those are cleared up everything will look fine.

I logged onto your site and synced everything, but I didn't get any errors. It worked perfectly for me.

Did you change anything?
Questions answered via forums only, no pms or emails. Thank you.

ConSof Alternate Login for phpBB

Image Image
User avatar
mjimeyg
Registered User
Posts: 840
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: London

Re: [BETA]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by mjimeyg »

ALIENQuake wrote:Clean phpbb 3.0.9, clean install of Auto MOD, clean install of alternatelogin-2011.05.19.01.

Trying to login via OpenID:
General Error
Define Auth_OpenID_RAND_SOURCE as null to continue with an insecure random number generator.
Trying to login via Facebook:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions_alternatelogin.php on line 425: file_get_contents(https://graph.facebook.com/oauth/access ... ent_id=xxx) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /alternatelogin/al_fb_connect.php on line 52: file_get_contents(https://graph.facebook.com/me?) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request
:(

OpenID doesn't work at all. The code is deprecated for OpenID API and I intend to rewrite it as soon as I have finished with the WindowsLive rewrite which also recently underwent major API changes. Everyone is moving to GRAPH.

I'm not sure why you would get the message you are getting for Facebook though. Are you actually being sent to Facebook to confirm your registration? Did the FB registration plugin appear?

If you can send me a link to your site I can try it out and see if I can spot whats happening.
Questions answered via forums only, no pms or emails. Thank you.

ConSof Alternate Login for phpBB

Image Image
User avatar
bobz1993
Registered User
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:17 am
Location: Glendale, NY
Contact:

Re: [BETA]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by bobz1993 »

mjimeyg wrote: The bunching up always happens when a debug or php warning appears at the top of the page. Once those are cleared up everything will look fine.

I logged onto your site and synced everything, but I didn't get any errors. It worked perfectly for me.

Did you change anything?
Haven't changed anything. I still can't login w/o being logged out right after. You didn't get any of the debug errors I mentioned in the profile settings? And you still are able to login?
User avatar
mjimeyg
Registered User
Posts: 840
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: London

Re: [BETA]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by mjimeyg »

Just logged in again with no problems.

Try logging into my demo board: http://www.consof.com/forums

If you still get errors then it might be an error with you browser or FB account.

But based on the errors you are getting, I can't see how.
Questions answered via forums only, no pms or emails. Thank you.

ConSof Alternate Login for phpBB

Image Image
User avatar
mjimeyg
Registered User
Posts: 840
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: London

Re: [BETA]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by mjimeyg »

An updated version of Alternate Login is now available.

The latest update has Windows Live available.

There is a sync feature for the profile, but it only syncs location. Microsoft has not made it possible to access the rest of the information.

As with the Facebook statuses, you can now sync your Windows Live status with your phpBB signature, it updates every time you log in.

Same again with the Avatars. They will sync and update on login.

PLEASE REMEMBER: This is a BETA module. It needs to be tested on a dummy board before you install it on your primary board.

If you have other modications or mods installed on your board then test it on a clone of your board first.
Questions answered via forums only, no pms or emails. Thank you.

ConSof Alternate Login for phpBB

Image Image
User avatar
bobz1993
Registered User
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:17 am
Location: Glendale, NY
Contact:

Re: [BETA]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by bobz1993 »

Your site works fine for me. I still cannot get back onto mine. Should I have not used the main admin account to register with this?

Does the update you just made affect facebook? That's all I'll be using it for on this forum.
User avatar
mjimeyg
Registered User
Posts: 840
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: London

Re: [BETA]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by mjimeyg »

bobz1993 wrote:Your site works fine for me. I still cannot get back onto mine. Should I have not used the main admin account to register with this?

Does the update you just made affect facebook? That's all I'll be using it for on this forum.
No changes were made to the Facebook side of things in the new update.

Being a main admin account should not have affected it either.

I honestly have no idea why you are getting these errors. If you get them, I should get them. I recommend asking a friend to try and register with FB. See if they get the same issues.
Questions answered via forums only, no pms or emails. Thank you.

ConSof Alternate Login for phpBB

Image Image
DocSommer
Registered User
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:30 pm
Location: Hamburg

Re: [BETA]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by DocSommer »

Interesting Mod - I'll bookmark his topic and run a test installation if I got some spare time.

I already checked out the demo forum and registered via facebook - seems to work flawless but I think it would be great if it's possible to offer the "facebook profile pic > phpBB avatar" option in the registration process as well.
ALIENQuake
Registered User
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:06 pm

Re: [BETA]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by ALIENQuake »

Ok, made another test with newest version and it works fine except:

1. Do you think that after registration, users should be automatically loged into forums ?

2. Option: "Set Newly Registered Users group to default:" is turned off by default, yet all Facebook based accounts are also added to Newly Registered Users group. It's a bug i think.
Last edited by ALIENQuake on Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
mjimeyg
Registered User
Posts: 840
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: London

Re: [BETA]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by mjimeyg »

ALIENQuake wrote:Ok, made another test with newest version and it works fine except:

1. Do you think that after registration, users should be automatically loged into forums ?

2. Option: "Set Newly Registered Users group to default:" is turned off by default, yet all Facebook based accounts are also added to Newly Registered Users group. It's a bug i think.
1. The problem with auto login after registration is that it will throw an error if the board requires email verification.

2. That's kind of a bug on my part. I don't think there was a group like that when I first started creating this MOD. I'll try and fix that.
Questions answered via forums only, no pms or emails. Thank you.

ConSof Alternate Login for phpBB

Image Image
Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”