[ABD]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Locked
User avatar
Dead Man
Registered User
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:35 am

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,Twitter,OpenID)

Post by Dead Man » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:08 pm

Alright Thanks.

-------------

Also I just tried to Register to my site through Twitter and when I fill out the registration form there is no place for me to put in a password. So I assumed that it tries to use the same one from my twitter account. But when I hit submit I get the fallowing:

Code: Select all

The password you entered is too short.
The password confirmation you entered is too short.

AYBG
Registered User
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:30 am

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,Twitter,OpenID)

Post by AYBG » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:56 pm

AYBG wrote:Having difficulty getting this mod to work, Set up facebook and twitter. All the mod is doing for me is showing an error message when you click Register unless you happen to have connected via facebook or twitter first. Neither actually register you though - you are told you have successfully logged on, but there is no user created.

Any advice?
Hm, may well have been because I had an old version of Automod. I've updated that, but now I encounter one error when trying to install AlternateLogin:

SQL Queries
Error:Duplicate column name 'session_wl_access_token'
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_sessions` ADD `session_wl_access_token` LONGTEXT NULL , ADD `session_tw_access_token` LONGTEXT NULL

Ok to delete this via MySQL and try again?
UK users: visit my forum for free tickets to film previews near you, as well as film chat!

haltonexchange
Registered User
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:31 pm

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,Twitter,OpenID)

Post by haltonexchange » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:00 pm

Dead Man wrote:Alright Thanks.

-------------

Also I just tried to Register to my site through Twitter and when I fill out the registration form there is no place for me to put in a password. So I assumed that it tries to use the same one from my twitter account. But when I hit submit I get the fallowing:

Code: Select all

The password you entered is too short.
The password confirmation you entered is too short.
Just tried via your twitter and yes i cannot srr a password or anything but hey!!! at least its getting back to your reg.. sooo close ..

haltonexchange
Registered User
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:31 pm

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,Twitter,OpenID)

Post by haltonexchange » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:05 pm

Just tried via your twitter and yes i cannot srr a password or anything but hey!!! at least its getting back to your reg.. sooo close ..
just tried your WL seems i have the same reg.. form no password ect.. not sure whats happeng there :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

haltonexchange
Registered User
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:31 pm

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,Twitter,OpenID)

Post by haltonexchange » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:29 pm

AYBG wrote:
AYBG wrote:Having difficulty getting this mod to work, Set up facebook and twitter. All the mod is doing for me is showing an error message when you click Register unless you happen to have connected via facebook or twitter first. Neither actually register you though - you are told you have successfully logged on, but there is no user created.

Any advice?
Hm, may well have been because I had an old version of Automod. I've updated that, but now I encounter one error when trying to install AlternateLogin:

SQL Queries
Error:Duplicate column name 'session_wl_access_token'
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_sessions` ADD `session_wl_access_token` LONGTEXT NULL , ADD `session_tw_access_token` LONGTEXT NULL

Ok to delete this via MySQL and try again?
My opinion only "as far i would be concerned is job done !! cause all its trying to do is the same again :ugeek:
Did you read post uppage.. i had same.. Check your ACP Usergroups Inactive users.. activate the users in there... :idea:
Last edited by haltonexchange on Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

haltonexchange
Registered User
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:31 pm

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,Twitter,OpenID)

Post by haltonexchange » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:31 pm

Can some one try my Twitter and see if same result.. :cry:
here

Code: Select all

http://***************/alternatelogin/al_tw_connect.php
is this the right call back ?? cuase i cant see any thing else to change :arrow:

User avatar
Dead Man
Registered User
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:35 am

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,Twitter,OpenID)

Post by Dead Man » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:16 pm

haltonexchange wrote:
Can some one try my Twitter and see if same result.. :cry:
here

Code: Select all

http://***************/alternatelogin/al_tw_connect.php
is this the right call back ?? cuase i cant see any thing else to change :arrow:
I tried yours but I got this:

Code: Select all

Invalid / expired Token /oauth/access_token 
Also
mjimeyg
Do you know why it ain't giving the option to put in a password for twitter?

haltonexchange
Registered User
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:31 pm

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,Twitter,OpenID)

Post by haltonexchange » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:51 pm

ok it may of been resetting the keys but now is still same error after returning from Twitter invalide Token..

This is the settings page !!..

Code: Select all

Access level 	Read-only
About the application permission model
Consumer key 	****************************
Consumer secret 	***************************************
Request token URL 	https://api.twitter.com/oauth/request_token
Authorize URL 	https://api.twitter.com/oauth/authorize
Access token URL 	https://api.twitter.com/oauth/access_token
Callback URL 	http://********************************/alternatelogin/al_tw_connect.php
I put the
Consumer key ****************************
Consumer secret ***************************************
Callback URL http://********************************/alternatelogin/al_tw_connect.php
into the Twitter settings panel..
Last edited by haltonexchange on Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aloupha
Registered User
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:33 pm

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,Twitter,OpenID)

Post by Aloupha » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:02 pm

mjimeyg wrote:
Aloupha wrote:How come fakebook's liked feature is not included for subsilver like it is in prosilver?

Edit: I notice that it's just not being displayed on index.php, it's there when viewing a topic.

I see that the code is there in index_body. However, for some reason it's not showing up.

Code: Select all

<fb:like-box href="{AL_FB_PAGE_URL}" width="300" show_faces="true" stream="true" header="true"></fb:like-box>
It might be a simple oversight on my part, I will look into it.
Hello,

Have you had a chance to look into this bug?

AYBG
Registered User
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:30 am

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,Twitter,OpenID)

Post by AYBG » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:09 am

haltonexchange wrote:Did you read post uppage.. i had same.. Check your ACP Usergroups Inactive users.. activate the users in there... :idea:
Ohhh, that makes sense. My board emails people upon registration with an activation link. Is there a workaround for this without activating each user in ACP or changing setting?
UK users: visit my forum for free tickets to film previews near you, as well as film chat!

haltonexchange
Registered User
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:31 pm

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,Twitter,OpenID)

Post by haltonexchange » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:27 am

There are 4 options after i relised the situation i chose no activation.. but my board is in demo only.. as for a workaround no idea .. not sure which option the other guys have took :?: :?: :arrow: :arrow:


haltonexchange
Registered User
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:31 pm

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,Twitter,OpenID)

Post by haltonexchange » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:29 am

haltonexchange wrote:
There are 4 options after i relised the situation i chose no activation.. but my board is in demo only.. as for a workaround no idea .. not sure which option the other guys have took :?: :?: :arrow: :arrow:

is your twitter working ok.. unlike mine :roll:

AYBG
Registered User
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:30 am

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,Twitter,OpenID)

Post by AYBG » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:38 am

Just sticking to facebook for now. As you say, it works fine once the user is activated. But I'd really like to keep the email activation for people who register the normal way. Any workaround, Mr Mod Author?
UK users: visit my forum for free tickets to film previews near you, as well as film chat!

haltonexchange
Registered User
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:31 pm

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,Twitter,OpenID)

Post by haltonexchange » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:15 am

Okswitched Twitter off .. got no hair left.. great mod loving it signing off thanks peeps... 8-)



haltonexchange
Registered User
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:31 pm

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,Twitter,OpenID)

Post by haltonexchange » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:33 pm


just a quick question !!.. my demo board is in a sub domain.. could this be the reason why my WL, FB, TWR are having problems.. like i say my WL, FB do actualy log me in But then takes me out again unless i have the forsight to to hit the index url before it returns me log out ??.. twitter does work to the point of return but with invalid token {twitter am not so bothered about} but am conserned about the WL, FB any advice please :?: :roll:



Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”