[ABD]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Dead Man

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,Twitter,OpenID)

Post by Dead Man » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:45 am

Any support for twitter for the password?

mjimeyg

Post by mjimeyg » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:14 am

AYBG wrote:
AYBG wrote:Having difficulty getting this mod to work, Set up facebook and twitter. All the mod is doing for me is showing an error message when you click Register unless you happen to have connected via facebook or twitter first. Neither actually register you though - you are told you have successfully logged on, but there is no user created.

Any advice?
Hm, may well have been because I had an old version of Automod. I've updated that, but now I encounter one error when trying to install AlternateLogin:

SQL Queries
Error:Duplicate column name 'session_wl_access_token'
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_sessions` ADD `session_wl_access_token` LONGTEXT NULL , ADD `session_tw_access_token` LONGTEXT NULL

Ok to delete this via MySQL and try again?
You can delete the SQL entries or simply tell AutoMOD to force the install.
Questions answered via forums only, no pms or emails. Thank you.

ConSof Alternate Login for phpBB

Image Image

mjimeyg

Post by mjimeyg » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:30 am

haltonexchange wrote:

just a quick question !!.. my demo board is in a sub domain.. could this be the reason why my WL, FB, TWR are having problems.. like i say my WL, FB do actualy log me in But then takes me out again unless i have the forsight to to hit the index url before it returns me log out ??.. twitter does work to the point of return but with invalid token {twitter am not so bothered about} but am conserned about the WL, FB any advice please :?: :roll:

Sub domains shouldn't make a difference.

Did you remove the MOD? I finally got a chance to take a look at your board but couldn't find the MOD.

Image Image

mjimeyg

Post by mjimeyg » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:24 pm

Dead Man wrote:Any support for twitter for the password?
I believe it is because you are using subsilver2 or the code from the subsilver2 templates. I just checked and discovered that the code isn't updated there. I will include the correct code in the next release.

Image Image

Dead Man

Post by Dead Man » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:01 pm

Oh okay.

haltonexchange

Post by haltonexchange » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:21 am

mjimeyg wrote:
haltonexchange wrote:

just a quick question !!.. my demo board is in a sub domain.. could this be the reason why my WL, FB, TWR are having problems.. like i say my WL, FB do actualy log me in But then takes me out again unless i have the forsight to to hit the index url before it returns me log out ??.. twitter does work to the point of return but with invalid token {twitter am not so bothered about} but am conserned about the WL, FB any advice please :?: :roll:

Sub domains shouldn't make a difference.

Did you remove the MOD? I finally got a chance to take a look at your board but couldn't find the MOD.
hi well sort of temp on hold, am about to reinstate it but have some changes in mind.. that is of where i want it to appear.. only idea at min.. but if successfull will repost thanks for your time

bangpride

Post by bangpride » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:53 am

I don't like how the facebook name automatically becomes the username.
If two people (ie. John Smith) have the same name and tries to connect, the second person can't connect at all.

mordeng

Post by mordeng » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:01 pm

hey
i installed the lates version of phpbb and alternatelogin
i want to use the steam login, works pretty well for login and registration but it is possible to get the mail from the steam acc to use it automatically for the board?

mjimeyg

Post by mjimeyg » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:52 pm

mordeng wrote:hey
i want to use the steam login, works pretty well for login and registration but it is possible to get the mail from the steam acc to use it automatically for the board?
Some providers don't allow access to users email addresses so there isn't much we can do about that. Twitter is definitely one that doesn't provide and I assume Steam is the same. Google does and they use OpenID as well.

Image Image

mjimeyg

Post by mjimeyg » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:53 pm

bangpride wrote:I don't like how the facebook name automatically becomes the username.
If two people (ie. John Smith) have the same name and tries to connect, the second person can't connect at all.
A good point that I will try to fix, but it will probably be a fix along the lines of John Smith, John Smith 1, John Smith 2.

This only applies on Quick Accounts, regular registration requires users to specify a username.

Image Image

mordeng

Post by mordeng » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:31 am

mjimeyg wrote:
mordeng wrote:hey
Some providers don't allow access to users email addresses so there isn't much we can do about that. Twitter is definitely one that doesn't provide and I assume Steam is the same. Google does and they use OpenID as well.
solved it in a other way

anyway, i currently have the problem that i can't "upgrade" al alrdy registered user to a user who can sign in through steam...
in the user control panel is a tab "ConSof" but there is only Twitter avaviable....
is it possible to enable the steam login?

Aloupha

Post by Aloupha » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:16 pm

Hi,

I am just checking to see if you had any luck with the like feature not appearing on index.php ith the subsilver2 template.

Thanks

felipemouraBR

Post by felipemouraBR » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:58 am

Dear, I love your MOD, served as a glove.

I had a hard time installing it on a Windows hosting (with cURL problems, etc ...)

Yet today it is working well.

I am very grateful for their work.

However for me there's only interest in the role Windows Live, and so far only managed to use the property to login.

Unfortunately the synchronization profile and avatar will not work, there is something ready to solve? the contrary will have to change their very mod.

RedQuark

Post by RedQuark » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:52 am

A good point that I will try to fix, but it will probably be a fix along the lines of John Smith, John Smith 1, John Smith 2.
You might consider using the last five hex digits of a hash of the user's Facebook ID [$facebook->getUser()] appended to the name. You don't necessarily want to search through all of the John Smiths every time a John Smith logs in.

mjimeyg

Post by mjimeyg » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:40 pm

RedQuark wrote:
You might consider using the last five hex digits of a hash of the user's Facebook ID [$facebook->getUser()] appended to the name. You don't necessarily want to search through all of the John Smiths every time a John Smith logs in.
It's a good idea, but with a hash and only using part of it there is always a chance of duplication in users names, plus the users themselves might find it annoying and hard to remember.

With simple enumeration you are guaranteed a unique username and if people complain about being number one or number two... well, first come first served :P

The search would be a fairly simple matter of an sql query along the lines of:
SELECT COUNT(username) AS users FROM USERS_TABLE WHERE username LIKE 'John Smith%'
We just take the value and then add one, or just the value as we are counting from zero technically.

Image Image

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”