[ABD]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
User avatar
robra
Registered User
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:09 am
Location: Brazil

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by robra » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:30 pm

Hi.
My phpBB version is 3.0.10 and I installed the alternatelogin-2013.05.05.01, the last version, with AutoMOD. The installation was without any problems but on the Prosilver style the icons of OPENID works fine but on the Subsilver2 style only works in the register page. On the index and on login page the icons of Google, Yahoo and Steam doesn't redirect to respective pages.

Thanks.

M1FA
Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:19 am

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by M1FA » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:32 am

Hi All,

Im setting up my first phpBB board and am enjoying the challenge and excitement. There are many experienced people supporting phpbb and I thank them all for what I have learnt already through reading this support forum.

I installed alternatelogin-2013.05.05.01 MOD using AutoMOD. My php version is 3.0.11 and my boards style is we_universal, based on prosilver.
I ran the autoMOD install and the CONSOF tab appeared as it should in the ACP.
I followed the instructions RE facebook app creation and set this up in the Facebook manager tab in ACP.
I then went to the UCP and attempted to access the 'Social Login Options' Tab which is where i got this error message...


template->_tpl_load_file(): File ./styles/we_universal/template/ucp_alternatelogin.html does not exist or is empty

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_template.php
LINE: 63
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/template.php
LINE: 437
CALL: template_compile->_tpl_load_file()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/template.php
LINE: 224
CALL: template->_tpl_load()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions.php
LINE: 4809
CALL: template->display()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 832
CALL: page_footer()

FILE: [ROOT]/ucp.php
LINE: 339
CALL: p_master->display()

Any ideas on how to fix this?

User avatar
mjimeyg
Registered User
Posts: 840
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: London

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by mjimeyg » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:23 am

robra wrote:Hi.
My phpBB version is 3.0.10 and I installed the alternatelogin-2013.05.05.01, the last version, with AutoMOD. The installation was without any problems but on the Prosilver style the icons of OPENID works fine but on the Subsilver2 style only works in the register page. On the index and on login page the icons of Google, Yahoo and Steam doesn't redirect to respective pages.

Thanks.
Apologies for the delayed response.

I found and replicated the error you reported. I have uploaded a corrected version of the MOD.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/alterna ... p/download
Questions answered via forums only, no pms or emails. Thank you.

ConSof Alternate Login for phpBB

Image Image

User avatar
mjimeyg
Registered User
Posts: 840
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: London

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by mjimeyg » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:25 am

M1FA wrote:Hi All,

Im setting up my first phpBB board and am enjoying the challenge and excitement. There are many experienced people supporting phpbb and I thank them all for what I have learnt already through reading this support forum.

I installed alternatelogin-2013.05.05.01 MOD using AutoMOD. My php version is 3.0.11 and my boards style is we_universal, based on prosilver.
I ran the autoMOD install and the CONSOF tab appeared as it should in the ACP.
I followed the instructions RE facebook app creation and set this up in the Facebook manager tab in ACP.
I then went to the UCP and attempted to access the 'Social Login Options' Tab which is where i got this error message...


template->_tpl_load_file(): File ./styles/we_universal/template/ucp_alternatelogin.html does not exist or is empty

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_template.php
LINE: 63
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/template.php
LINE: 437
CALL: template_compile->_tpl_load_file()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/template.php
LINE: 224
CALL: template->_tpl_load()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions.php
LINE: 4809
CALL: template->display()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 832
CALL: page_footer()

FILE: [ROOT]/ucp.php
LINE: 339
CALL: p_master->display()

Any ideas on how to fix this?
From what I can tell based on what you reported, you haven't made any manual changes to your custom theme. AutoMOD won't automatically make these changes for you and only prosilver and subsilver2 are supported in the MOD.

You will need to make the changes manually.
Questions answered via forums only, no pms or emails. Thank you.

ConSof Alternate Login for phpBB

Image Image

User avatar
mjimeyg
Registered User
Posts: 840
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: London

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by mjimeyg » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:25 am

An updated version of the MOD has been uploaded with the current fixes.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/alterna ... p/download
Questions answered via forums only, no pms or emails. Thank you.

ConSof Alternate Login for phpBB

Image Image

gtrip
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:00 pm

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by gtrip » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:00 pm

Just so you know...

I download your new update and receive an empty file. Tried many times.
I've used your plugin for a long time on http://g.summit.net and it works well. The only thing I see missing from the UCP on consof.com/forums is the ability to disable an alternative login or change the username on the test forum.

User avatar
mjimeyg
Registered User
Posts: 840
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: London

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by mjimeyg » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:30 am

gtrip wrote:Just so you know...

I download your new update and receive an empty file. Tried many times.
I've used your plugin for a long time on http://g.summit.net and it works well. The only thing I see missing from the UCP on consof.com/forums is the ability to disable an alternative login or change the username on the test forum.
I have re-uploaded the zip file, hopefully it will work now.

There isn't an option to disable alternate login for a user as they can simply revert to using standard logins. They may need to change their password if quick accounts are enabled but that is possible from the UCP.
Questions answered via forums only, no pms or emails. Thank you.

ConSof Alternate Login for phpBB

Image Image

M1FA
Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:19 am

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by M1FA » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:54 pm

mjimeyg wrote: From what I can tell based on what you reported, you haven't made any manual changes to your custom theme. AutoMOD won't automatically make these changes for you and only prosilver and subsilver2 are supported in the MOD.

You will need to make the changes manually.
Forgive my basic questions, Im still learningphp but I was of the understanding that my style, we_universal, used files from pro_silver, as it is based on that. So if AutoMOD changes code in Prosilver, when using we_universal it will automatically apply the updated prosilver code? Is this incorrect?

Also if i have to make manual changes in my theme, what do i need to change?

User avatar
mjimeyg
Registered User
Posts: 840
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: London

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by mjimeyg » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:13 pm

M1FA wrote:
mjimeyg wrote: From what I can tell based on what you reported, you haven't made any manual changes to your custom theme. AutoMOD won't automatically make these changes for you and only prosilver and subsilver2 are supported in the MOD.

You will need to make the changes manually.
Forgive my basic questions, Im still learningphp but I was of the understanding that my style, we_universal, used files from pro_silver, as it is based on that. So if AutoMOD changes code in Prosilver, when using we_universal it will automatically apply the updated prosilver code? Is this incorrect?

Also if i have to make manual changes in my theme, what do i need to change?
No, it works on filenames and folder names.

The installation searches for files in the prosilver folder and changes those. Your files will be in the we_universal folder and the program doesn't know about them so the changes have to be done by hand.
Questions answered via forums only, no pms or emails. Thank you.

ConSof Alternate Login for phpBB

Image Image

RavenAlias
Registered User
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:55 am

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by RavenAlias » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:20 am

hi mjimeyg!
in the last version did you apply many changes?

Can you give us only changes if it is possible? :)
thanks for you help and great work with this mod!

gooberus
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:08 pm

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by gooberus » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:38 pm

When I log in or register with an OpenID my userpassword changes. What purpose has this feature? It´s annoying.

I updated to the most recent version and there is no possibility anymore to log in with OpenID when the user is registered without it. I can only register with OpenID. Only OpenID is activated in the ACP.
Can you fix this please?

edit:
OpenID is enabled in ACP but on the profile page is: "Social Login not enabled by Administrators."
How do you link an OpenID account to an existing account?

User avatar
mjimeyg
Registered User
Posts: 840
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: London

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by mjimeyg » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:30 am

RavenAlias wrote:hi mjimeyg!
in the last version did you apply many changes?

Can you give us only changes if it is possible? :)
thanks for you help and great work with this mod!
Changes are listed in the history section.

For more details you can use the comparison at Git Hub:

https://github.com/mjimeyg/alternate-login
Questions answered via forums only, no pms or emails. Thank you.

ConSof Alternate Login for phpBB

Image Image

User avatar
mjimeyg
Registered User
Posts: 840
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: London

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by mjimeyg » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:38 am

gooberus wrote:When I log in or register with an OpenID my userpassword changes. What purpose has this feature? It´s annoying.

I updated to the most recent version and there is no possibility anymore to log in with OpenID when the user is registered without it. I can only register with OpenID. Only OpenID is activated in the ACP.
Can you fix this please?

edit:
OpenID is enabled in ACP but on the profile page is: "Social Login not enabled by Administrators."
How do you link an OpenID account to an existing account?
Only very old versions of the MOD changed the password, the MOD no longer touches the password that you create unless you are using Quick Accounts.

You will need to check that all the code changes are correct.

As of the current version you cannot link existing accounts.
Questions answered via forums only, no pms or emails. Thank you.

ConSof Alternate Login for phpBB

Image Image

japanuser
Registered User
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:12 am

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by japanuser » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:53 am

I've got this mod running on a forum and everything appears to be working well! Just one thing I wanted to change was that the mod prompts the user to accept the registration terms before continuing.

I want to bypass this so that they don't have an extra button to click before they go onto choosing a username.

I've taken this step out from the normal registration process by editing ucp_register.php

from

Code: Select all

$agreed         = (!empty($_POST['agreed'])) ? 1 : 0;
to

Code: Select all

$agreed         = (!empty($_POST['agreed'])) ? 1 : 1;
I can't see where this check is done in your code however.

Any ideas?

User avatar
mjimeyg
Registered User
Posts: 840
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: London

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by mjimeyg » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:59 am

japanuser wrote:I've got this mod running on a forum and everything appears to be working well! Just one thing I wanted to change was that the mod prompts the user to accept the registration terms before continuing.

I want to bypass this so that they don't have an extra button to click before they go onto choosing a username.

I've taken this step out from the normal registration process by editing ucp_register.php

from

Code: Select all

$agreed         = (!empty($_POST['agreed'])) ? 1 : 0;
to

Code: Select all

$agreed         = (!empty($_POST['agreed'])) ? 1 : 1;
I can't see where this check is done in your code however.

Any ideas?
The OpenID and Windows Live ones are part of the ucp_register file. The Facebook version is in the file al_fb_connect at around line 330. I can't remember how I programmed it but you might be able to figure it out from line 330.
Questions answered via forums only, no pms or emails. Thank you.

ConSof Alternate Login for phpBB

Image Image

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”