[ABD]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
japanuser
Registered User
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:12 am

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by japanuser »

Thank you for the update.

I've checked the code and it seems to do the following:

Check if quick accounts are enabled. If they're not enabled - it will show the COPPA if it's enabled on the board, or if it isn't it will show the ucp_agreement (this is what I want to skip).

It seems that if quick accounts are enabled that it doesn't show the ucp_agreement - which is perfect for me. But, I'd like to know, what are quick accounts?

I couldn't find documentation that explained that in detail so apologies if it has been covered elsewhere.

User avatar
mjimeyg
Registered User
Posts: 840
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: London

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by mjimeyg »

japanuser wrote:Thank you for the update.

I've checked the code and it seems to do the following:

Check if quick accounts are enabled. If they're not enabled - it will show the COPPA if it's enabled on the board, or if it isn't it will show the ucp_agreement (this is what I want to skip).

It seems that if quick accounts are enabled that it doesn't show the ucp_agreement - which is perfect for me. But, I'd like to know, what are quick accounts?

I couldn't find documentation that explained that in detail so apologies if it has been covered elsewhere.
Quick Accounts bypass the sections where the user enters a username, email and password for registration. The mod takes these details from Facebook directly (except the password which is randomly generated until the user changes via the UCP).

The users registered Facebook name is used as their username so this is not ideal for all sites.
Questions answered via forums only, no pms or emails. Thank you.

ConSof Alternate Login for phpBB

Image Image

japanuser
Registered User
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:12 am

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by japanuser »

Ok, yeah that's not going to work for our site unfortunately.

Would it be possible for you to take another quick look at your code to see where I can get it to skip the user agreement? I've done my best to analyze the area of code you mentioned but I cannot see a way to skip it - that area only seems to generate a page to display the agreement terms.

japanuser
Registered User
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:12 am

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by japanuser »

Actually, I've sussed it. It's a slightly crude solution but it works! However, if you have a more permanent fix then please do share as I don't like the idea of editing mods that may be overwritten in upgrades in the future.

Anyway, my fix is:

al_fb_connect.php

Find

Code: Select all

if($email_registered > 0)
                {
                    trigger_error($user->lang['EMAIL_TAKEN_EMAIL']);
                }
Which is around line 324, and after that code, add:

Code: Select all

header("Location: YOUR FULL URL INCLUDING HTTP HERE/al_fb_registration.php?mode=register&int=en_GB");
and then in al_fb_registration.php, line 45, change:

Code: Select all

$agreed                 = (!empty($_POST['agreed'])) ? 1 : 0;


to

Code: Select all

$agreed                 = (!empty($_POST['agreed'])) ? 1 : 1;

japanuser
Registered User
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:12 am

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by japanuser »

Now all that's left to make this mod perfect, is to have some sort of check to see if the username is already taken as the user types it. Any ideas on that?

User avatar
mjimeyg
Registered User
Posts: 840
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: London

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by mjimeyg »

japanuser wrote:Now all that's left to make this mod perfect, is to have some sort of check to see if the username is already taken as the user types it. Any ideas on that?
That would be an AJAX script linked to a php file that checks to see if the characters entered match an entry in the users table.
Questions answered via forums only, no pms or emails. Thank you.

ConSof Alternate Login for phpBB

Image Image

777Firebrand777
Registered User
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:03 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by 777Firebrand777 »

Seems like one of the files has some issues with imagecolordeallocate command.

I'm getting this error messag constantly in my apache2 error log:
[Wed Sep 04 23:16:47 2013] [warn] [client 109.148.111.225] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Notice: Undefined variable: line_colour in /home/fbrand/public_html/alternatelogin/create_fb_button.php on line 161, referer: http://otakuforum.hu/
[Wed Sep 04 23:16:47 2013] [warn] [client 109.148.111.225] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: imagecolordeallocate() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/fbrand/public_html/alternatelogin/create_fb_button.php on line 161, referer: http://otakuforum.hu/
[Wed Sep 04 23:16:47 2013] [warn] [client 109.148.111.225] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: imagecolordeallocate() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/fbrand/public_html/alternatelogin/create_fb_button.php on line 162, referer: http://otakuforum.hu/
[Wed Sep 04 23:16:47 2013] [warn] [client 109.148.111.225] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: imagecolordeallocate() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/fbrand/public_html/alternatelogin/create_fb_button.php on line 163, referer: http://otakuforum.hu/
[Wed Sep 04 23:16:47 2013] [warn] [client 109.148.111.225] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: imagecolordeallocate() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/fbrand/public_html/alternatelogin/create_fb_button.php on line 164, referer: http://otakuforum.hu/
[Wed Sep 04 23:16:47 2013] [warn] [client 109.148.111.225] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: imagecolordeallocate() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/fbrand/public_html/alternatelogin/create_fb_button.php on line 165, referer: http://otakuforum.hu/
[Wed Sep 04 23:16:47 2013] [warn] [client 109.148.111.225] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: imagecolordeallocate() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/fbrand/public_html/alternatelogin/create_fb_button.php on line 166, referer: http://otakuforum.hu/
[Wed Sep 04 23:16:47 2013] [warn] [client 109.148.111.225] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: imagecolordeallocate() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/fbrand/public_html/alternatelogin/create_fb_button.php on line 167, referer: http://otakuforum.hu/
[Wed Sep 04 23:16:47 2013] [warn] [client 109.148.111.225] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: imagecolordeallocate() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/fbrand/public_html/alternatelogin/create_fb_button.php on line 168, referer: http://otakuforum.hu/
[Wed Sep 04 23:16:47 2013] [warn] [client 109.148.111.225] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: imagecolordeallocate() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/fbrand/public_html/alternatelogin/create_fb_button.php on line 169, referer: http://otakuforum.hu/
[Wed Sep 04 23:16:47 2013] [warn] [client 109.148.111.225] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: imagecolordeallocate() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/fbrand/public_html/alternatelogin/create_fb_button.php on line 170, referer: http://otakuforum.hu/
[Wed Sep 04 23:16:47 2013] [warn] [client 109.148.111.225] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: imagecolordeallocate() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/fbrand/public_html/alternatelogin/create_fb_button.php on line 171, referer: http://otakuforum.hu/
[Wed Sep 04 23:16:47 2013] [warn] [client 109.148.111.225] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: imagecolordeallocate() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/fbrand/public_html/alternatelogin/create_fb_button.php on line 172, referer: http://otakuforum.hu/
[Wed Sep 04 23:16:47 2013] [warn] [client 109.148.111.225] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: imagecolordeallocate() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/fbrand/public_html/alternatelogin/create_fb_button.php on line 173, referer: http://otakuforum.hu/
[Wed Sep 04 23:16:47 2013] [warn] [client 109.148.111.225] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: imagecolordeallocate() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/fbrand/public_html/alternatelogin/create_fb_button.php on line 174, referer: http://otakuforum.hu/

User avatar
mjimeyg
Registered User
Posts: 840
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: London

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by mjimeyg »

777Firebrand777 wrote:Seems like one of the files has some issues with imagecolordeallocate command.

I'm getting this error messag constantly in my apache2 error log:
[Wed Sep 04 23:16:47 2013] [warn] [client 109.148.111.225] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Notice: Undefined variable: line_colour in /home/fbrand/public_html/alternatelogin/create_fb_button.php on line 161, referer: http://otakuforum.hu/
[Wed Sep 04 23:16:47 2013] [warn] [client 109.148.111.225] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: imagecolordeallocate() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/fbrand/public_html/alternatelogin/create_fb_button.php on line 161, referer: http://otakuforum.hu/
[Wed Sep 04 23:16:47 2013] [warn] [client 109.148.111.225] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: imagecolordeallocate() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/fbrand/public_html/alternatelogin/create_fb_button.php on line 162, referer: http://otakuforum.hu/
[Wed Sep 04 23:16:47 2013] [warn] [client 109.148.111.225] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: imagecolordeallocate() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/fbrand/public_html/alternatelogin/create_fb_button.php on line 163, referer: http://otakuforum.hu/
[Wed Sep 04 23:16:47 2013] [warn] [client 109.148.111.225] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: imagecolordeallocate() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/fbrand/public_html/alternatelogin/create_fb_button.php on line 164, referer: http://otakuforum.hu/
[Wed Sep 04 23:16:47 2013] [warn] [client 109.148.111.225] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: imagecolordeallocate() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/fbrand/public_html/alternatelogin/create_fb_button.php on line 165, referer: http://otakuforum.hu/
[Wed Sep 04 23:16:47 2013] [warn] [client 109.148.111.225] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: imagecolordeallocate() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/fbrand/public_html/alternatelogin/create_fb_button.php on line 166, referer: http://otakuforum.hu/
[Wed Sep 04 23:16:47 2013] [warn] [client 109.148.111.225] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: imagecolordeallocate() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/fbrand/public_html/alternatelogin/create_fb_button.php on line 167, referer: http://otakuforum.hu/
[Wed Sep 04 23:16:47 2013] [warn] [client 109.148.111.225] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: imagecolordeallocate() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/fbrand/public_html/alternatelogin/create_fb_button.php on line 168, referer: http://otakuforum.hu/
[Wed Sep 04 23:16:47 2013] [warn] [client 109.148.111.225] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: imagecolordeallocate() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/fbrand/public_html/alternatelogin/create_fb_button.php on line 169, referer: http://otakuforum.hu/
[Wed Sep 04 23:16:47 2013] [warn] [client 109.148.111.225] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: imagecolordeallocate() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/fbrand/public_html/alternatelogin/create_fb_button.php on line 170, referer: http://otakuforum.hu/
[Wed Sep 04 23:16:47 2013] [warn] [client 109.148.111.225] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: imagecolordeallocate() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/fbrand/public_html/alternatelogin/create_fb_button.php on line 171, referer: http://otakuforum.hu/
[Wed Sep 04 23:16:47 2013] [warn] [client 109.148.111.225] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: imagecolordeallocate() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/fbrand/public_html/alternatelogin/create_fb_button.php on line 172, referer: http://otakuforum.hu/
[Wed Sep 04 23:16:47 2013] [warn] [client 109.148.111.225] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: imagecolordeallocate() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/fbrand/public_html/alternatelogin/create_fb_button.php on line 173, referer: http://otakuforum.hu/
[Wed Sep 04 23:16:47 2013] [warn] [client 109.148.111.225] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: imagecolordeallocate() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/fbrand/public_html/alternatelogin/create_fb_button.php on line 174, referer: http://otakuforum.hu/
There not errors, they are warnings. They don't indicate the file isn't working just that there are things to watch out for in case unexpected results occur.
Questions answered via forums only, no pms or emails. Thank you.

ConSof Alternate Login for phpBB

Image Image

777Firebrand777
Registered User
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:03 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by 777Firebrand777 »

Thanks for the quick reply. :)

Well it's works as intended, I was just curious cause it flooded the error log.

I will try to find a way to put it on an exception list.

Thank you! :D

sharky86
Registered User
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:25 am

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by sharky86 »

Seems to be exactly what i need! thank you!

2 quick questions: 1) is it safe to install on a live board?
2) i NEED to have the users registered in the usertable of the baord. when a user registers here through one of the login options, is the user created in the table?

thanks!

User avatar
mjimeyg
Registered User
Posts: 840
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: London

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by mjimeyg »

sharky86 wrote:Seems to be exactly what i need! thank you!

2 quick questions: 1) is it safe to install on a live board?
2) i NEED to have the users registered in the usertable of the baord. when a user registers here through one of the login options, is the user created in the table?

thanks!
It should be safe, but make sure to test it on a clone of your live board if you have other mods or custom styles.

All users are registered in the user table. A new fields are added to the table to hold the users relevant ID for the login method used.
Questions answered via forums only, no pms or emails. Thank you.

ConSof Alternate Login for phpBB

Image Image

mbrown22
Registered User
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by mbrown22 »

I am trying to setup your mod for my company's support forum. I have got all the links workingall the pages displaying the alternate provider buttons.

The only thing that isn't working is logging in using any of the provided means. When I go to the login page and click a provider it never logs in. If the provider requires extra input I enter the input and hit sign in and it just redirects me to the same page. I am not getting any error logs to indicate what is wrong. I noticed your test site is doing the same thing(http://www.consof.com/forums/ucp.php?mode=login). Any help as to why this is happening would be great!

777Firebrand777
Registered User
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:03 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by 777Firebrand777 »

Regarding the issue with imagecolordeallocate I made a little modification in create_fb_button.php (line 161-173):

Code: Select all

imagecolordeallocate($fb_button, $text_colour);
imagecolordeallocate($fb_button, $background);
imagecolordeallocate($fb_button, $separator_colour);
imagecolordeallocate($fb_button, $border_colour);
imagecolordeallocate($fb_button, $lower_left_highlight);
imagecolordeallocate($fb_button, $upper_highlight);
imagecolordeallocate($fb_button, $c151_162_199);
imagecolordeallocate($fb_button, $c224_228_238);
imagecolordeallocate($fb_button, $c246_247_250);
imagecolordeallocate($fb_button, $c224_228_238);
imagecolordeallocate($fb_button, $c225_229_239);
imagecolordeallocate($fb_button, $c222_226_237);
imagecolordeallocate($fb_button, $c228_231_240);
and deleted the $line_colour as it was undefined as per error.log

Now the warnings stopped and the mod still working as intended. I'm a php newbie so I hope this won't mess up anything.

User avatar
mjimeyg
Registered User
Posts: 840
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: London

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by mjimeyg »

mbrown22 wrote:I am trying to setup your mod for my company's support forum. I have got all the links workingall the pages displaying the alternate provider buttons.

The only thing that isn't working is logging in using any of the provided means. When I go to the login page and click a provider it never logs in. If the provider requires extra input I enter the input and hit sign in and it just redirects me to the same page. I am not getting any error logs to indicate what is wrong. I noticed your test site is doing the same thing(http://www.consof.com/forums/ucp.php?mode=login). Any help as to why this is happening would be great!
The test site was actually using an older version which I have now updated, are you using the latest version?
Questions answered via forums only, no pms or emails. Thank you.

ConSof Alternate Login for phpBB

Image Image

User avatar
Louis7777
Registered User
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:22 pm

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by Louis7777 »

Can't wait to see this mod in the main modifications forum :/ Are they going to approve it anytime soon?

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”