[ABD]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
mjimeyg

Re: [RC]AlternateLogin(Windows Live,Facebook,OpenID)

Post by mjimeyg » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:06 pm

Dead Man wrote:I have the old version installed right now and I want to update to the current one.
But when I upload the New Version with AutoMod it says it has been upload and ready for install but when I go back to the AutoMod page I do not see the option to install new version. How should I go about updating?
I wouldn't recommend updating to the currently released version. It is buggy and out of date due to a major overhaul of the Facebook SDK.

I should be able to release a new version within a week or two.

If you are intent on upgrading to the current version then you will need to uninstall everything from the old on EXCEPT the database entries.

Then install the new one and force the install when it complains that the database entries already exist.
Questions answered via forums only, no pms or emails. Thank you.

ConSof Alternate Login for phpBB

Image Image

Dead Man

Post by Dead Man » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:03 am

Okay Thanks for that info. I will wait for that next update you are talking about.

And other styles beside SubSilver and ProSilver one would have to uninstall manually?

Also right now when I am trying to UnInstall it gives me this: SQL Error but they just are blanks. Everything else in Edits says success though. Any suggestions?

By the way I have a Old Version: 2012.05.23.01

mjimeyg

Post by mjimeyg » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:11 am

Dead Man wrote:Okay Thanks for that info. I will wait for that next update you are talking about.

And other styles beside SubSilver and ProSilver one would have to uninstall manually?

Also right now when I am trying to UnInstall it gives me this: SQL Error but they just are blanks. Everything else in Edits says success though. Any suggestions?

By the way I have a Old Version: 2012.05.23.01
Yes, other styles will need manual editing.

I don't know what those errors are, but as long as they are only SQL errors and not code errors you should be ok. The MOD has changed immensely since 2012 so I wouldn't know where to begin in trying to sort out any errors you might have.

Image Image

Dead Man

Post by Dead Man » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:15 am

LOL okay thanks. Will Ill be waiting for the update. Thanks again for the help. And for supporting your mod for years now. Great Mod =)

Nor7on

Post by Nor7on » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:41 pm

I need help! :o

Today i change my password in facebook, and when i login in my website, with my user, i cant view nothing
look:
http://oi58.tinypic.com/2ey9vk1.jpg

so i login with my other user admin account and i get this in ACP->Register errors.

Code: Select all

Nor7on: {{"error":{"message":"Error validating access token: The session has been invalidated because the user has changed the password.","type":"OAuthException","code":190,"error subcode":460}}}
How fixt it? or what happend???

mjimeyg

Post by mjimeyg » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:58 pm

Nor7on wrote:I need help! :o

Today i change my password in facebook, and when i login in my website, with my user, i cant view nothing
look:

so i login with my other user admin account and i get this in ACP->Register errors.

Nor7on: {{"error":{"message":"Error validating access token: The session has been invalidated because the user has changed the password.","type":"OAuthException","code":190,"error subcode":460}}}
I believe I know what has happened, but it is something I never expected and as such didn't program for.

Whilst I will try and account for it in the version I am working on, the only suggestion for you I can make is this:

Go into the Database and the table for your board's users. Usually phpbb_users.

Then find the entry for your user and edit the field for the al_fb_access_token and set it to empty e.g. ''

Then try logging in again. It should try and get a new token based on your new password.

Please let me know if this works as it will help me program the fix for the new version.

Image Image

Nor7on

Post by Nor7on » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:16 pm

mjimeyg wrote:
Nor7on wrote:I need help! :o

look:

I believe I know what has happened, but it is something I never expected and as such didn't program for.

Whilst I will try and account for it in the version I am working on, the only suggestion for you I can make is this:

Go into the Database and the table for your board's users. Usually phpbb_users.

Then find the entry for your user and edit the field for the al_fb_access_token and set it to empty e.g. ''

Then try logging in again. It should try and get a new token based on your new password.

Please let me know if this works as it will help me program the fix for the new version.

Buff thanks you!!!
It work now.

but I think you should add an option to update the access token without going to Phpmyadmin, or add the option to delete the access token by ACP.

Thank one more time :)

lord_alexander
Name: Alex

Post by lord_alexander » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:37 am

hello, my name is alex :)
I have serious problems setting up the application of alternate login. More specifically to set the value of "facebook access token", i don't know how to generate it, what value should I put there? as I proceed to get it? I saw that facebook developers give me a short access token, but i don't know if the value is correct. You could help me to get the correct value? what steps should I follow?
The error log phpbb3 returns me the following errors:

{Failed to get extended access token - hook alternatelogin.php: 36}
as I can fix it? what steps should I follow to create the correct access token
and fix this error?

thank you for you attention
and sorry for my bad english

Regards,
Alex

attachment:

Nor7on

Post by Nor7on » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:35 pm

If you want to stop it adding lines to your error log then comment out the following line in hook_alternatelogin.php:

add_log('critical', 'Failed to get extended access token - hook_alternatelogin.php:36');

mjimeyg

Post by mjimeyg » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:05 pm

lord_alexander wrote:hello, my name is alex :)
I have serious problems setting up the application of alternate login. More specifically to set the value of "facebook access token", i don't know how to generate it, what value should I put there? as I proceed to get it? I saw that facebook developers give me a short access token, but i don't know if the value is correct. You could help me to get the correct value? what steps should I follow?
The error log phpbb3 returns me the following errors:

as I can fix it? what steps should I follow to create the correct access token
and fix this error?

thank you for you attention
and sorry for my bad english

Regards,
Alex

attachment:

To put it simply, follow Nor7on's advice:
Nor7on wrote:If you want to stop it adding lines to your error log then comment out the following line in hook_alternatelogin.php:

add_log('critical', 'Failed to get extended access token - hook_alternatelogin.php:36');
You don't need to manually set the access token. Your image is only if you are using a Facebook Page. The error log refers to when the user tries to log in. Something is wrong in the coding there.

I am currently working on new version that will hopefully fix these issues.

Image Image

lord_alexander
Name: Alex

Post by lord_alexander » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:53 pm

Hi guys, :)
I have successfully installed the mod "alternative login" but to activate the Debugger in "config.php"
the following errors occur when I start the session (login with Facebook button) with facebook:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/alternatelogin/al_fb_connect.php on line 65: Undefined variable: return_to_page
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/alternatelogin/al_fb_connect.php on line 438: Undefined variable: fb_reg_data

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/7/d499873489/htdocs/prueba1/includes/functions.php:3887) in /homepages/7/d499873489/htdocs/prueba1/includes/functions.php on line 4752

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/7/d499873489/htdocs/prueba1/includes/functions.php:3887) in /homepages/7/d499873489/htdocs/prueba1/includes/functions.php on line 4754

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/7/d499873489/htdocs/prueba1/includes/functions.php:3887) in /homepages/7/d499873489/htdocs/prueba1/includes/functions.php on line 4755

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/7/d499873489/htdocs/prueba1/includes/functions.php:3887) in /homepages/7/d499873489/htdocs/prueba1/includes/functions.php on line 4756

I enabled the debugger in "config.php" as follows:

@define('PHPBB_INSTALLED', true);
@define('DEBUG', true);
@define('DEBUG_EXTRA', true);
which is the cause of my problem ?.
Currently I have installed the latest version of phpbb 3.0.12.
Could help me?
Thanks

mjimeyg

Post by mjimeyg » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:12 am

lord_alexander wrote:Hi guys, :)
I have successfully installed the mod "alternative login" but to activate the Debugger in "config.php"
the following errors occur when I start the session (login with Facebook button) with facebook:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/alternatelogin/al_fb_connect.php on line 65: Undefined variable: return_to_page
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/alternatelogin/al_fb_connect.php on line 438: Undefined variable: fb_reg_data

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/7/d499873489/htdocs/prueba1/includes/functions.php:3887) in /homepages/7/d499873489/htdocs/prueba1/includes/functions.php on line 4752

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/7/d499873489/htdocs/prueba1/includes/functions.php:3887) in /homepages/7/d499873489/htdocs/prueba1/includes/functions.php on line 4754

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/7/d499873489/htdocs/prueba1/includes/functions.php:3887) in /homepages/7/d499873489/htdocs/prueba1/includes/functions.php on line 4755

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/7/d499873489/htdocs/prueba1/includes/functions.php:3887) in /homepages/7/d499873489/htdocs/prueba1/includes/functions.php on line 4756

I enabled the debugger in "config.php" as follows:

@define('PHPBB_INSTALLED', true);
@define('DEBUG', true);
@define('DEBUG_EXTRA', true);
which is the cause of my problem ?.
Currently I have installed the latest version of phpbb 3.0.12.
Could help me?
Thanks

The debugger is only showing warnings and not errors at the moment. These warnings won't be fixed until the next version. As long as you don't activate the debugger whilst the board is live you won't have a problem.

Image Image

Dead Man

Post by Dead Man » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:58 am

I see that the new PhpBB has the option to also log in with Facebook. How will this affect this MOD?

mjimeyg

Post by mjimeyg » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:40 pm

Dead Man wrote:I see that the new PhpBB has the option to also log in with Facebook. How will this affect this MOD?
Ten minutes ago I finished the last changes to the latest version of the MOD.

Five minutes ago I uploaded it to github and source forge.

I JUST came here and saw your post and did a quick search to try and figure out what you were talking about...

I don't know whether to cry tears of joy or frustration!

If PhpBB is putting Facebook functionality into the base version then it means I can finally stop coding this MOD.

I've been doing it for five+ years... I could use the break.

Of course, this will all depend on what sort of service they provide. If it works as a login solution like this MOD then I can stop... if not, I'll keep going.

For now...

Modification Version:: 2014.10.22.01

Modification Download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/alterna ... p/download

GitHub Repository (Nightly builds): https://github.com/mjimeyg/alternate-login

Major changes to current version:
  • Updated to use Facebook SDK 4.0.
WARNING: Facebook requires Php Version 5.4 or greater to work.

Image Image

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:15 pm

The 3.1 auth feature seems to be very generic solution without the bells and whistles.

Anyway, the the hard work you've invested in this mod through the years is very much appreciated. Thanks for the update!

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”