[ABD] MediaPortal - Complete media sharing for phpBB3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
truly11
Registered User
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:02 am

Re: [DEV] DFC-MediaPortal - Complete media sharing for phpBB3

Post by truly11 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:14 pm

dfcowell wrote:No firm timeframe, but barring unforseen circumstances, the audio module for it (pretty much what you see on the demo board) should be out next week. If anyone has suggestions as to how to tackle re-ordering items in the playlists and what to do about fixing numbering when items are deleted, I'd love to hear it. That's the biggest problem I'm having at the moment. :x
thanks for update :)

notrick
Registered User
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:00 am

Re: [DEV] DFC-MediaPortal - Complete media sharing for phpBB3

Post by notrick » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:04 am

Hi,

Wonderful Mode.

I have few suggestions -

1. Audio Uploding - Can u provide us a way of remote server uploading. I mean two option
i.) Upload Audio using a http link
ii.) Uploading Audio on to a folder in server and then insert it into database using the front end. In this case, the System should take the relative path of the File and thats it.

2. Playlist - Use Ajax. And use it since beginning so that u need not modify lots of things later on.

If you want any help with the Development - Pleaseeee let me know. I am good at PHPBB and i am OKAY with PHP and all.

Thanks
noTrick

User avatar
keith10456
Registered User
Posts: 2315
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:55 pm
Contact:

Re: [DEV] DFC-MediaPortal - Complete media sharing for phpBB3

Post by keith10456 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:02 pm

Suggestion For Video Module (when you get to this):

If you add the ability to use YouTube links (which I hope you will) it will be cool if there is an option that will allow you to add multiple parts to the video Title... Considering many of the YouTube postings are multi-part.

Having this feature will allow members to add multiple videos to a Title "without" having to start a new post.


For example, let's say I was adding a YouTube video titled "My Home Video" that possessed 3 YouTube videos.

When posting the video in the media player, I would select a "Multi-Part YouTube" option... Which would then give me the fields to add the links to all 3 YouTube videos. Then I would proceed to enter the Title, Category, etc. as I normally would.

After the post is made, upon someone clicking the video Title, Part 1 will be displayed... In addition to the links to the other Parts.


Of course it doesn't have to be exactly like that... I'm just trying give you an idea as to what I'm talking about.


notrick
Registered User
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:00 am

Re: [DEV] DFC-MediaPortal - Complete media sharing for phpBB3

Post by notrick » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:44 am

In short similar to your OurTube Mod. :)

keith10456 wrote:Suggestion For Video Module (when you get to this):

If you add the ability to use YouTube links (which I hope you will) it will be cool if there is an option that will allow you to add multiple parts to the video Title... Considering many of the YouTube postings are multi-part.

Having this feature will allow members to add multiple videos to a Title "without" having to start a new post.


For example, let's say I was adding a YouTube video titled "My Home Video" that possessed 3 YouTube videos.

When posting the video in the media player, I would select a "Multi-Part YouTube" option... Which would then give me the fields to add the links to all 3 YouTube videos. Then I would proceed to enter the Title, Category, etc. as I normally would.

After the post is made, upon someone clicking the video Title, Part 1 will be displayed... In addition to the links to the other Parts.


Of course it doesn't have to be exactly like that... I'm just trying give you an idea as to what I'm talking about.

dfcowell
Registered User
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:03 am

Re: [DEV] DFC-MediaPortal - Complete media sharing for phpBB3

Post by dfcowell » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:10 am

notrick wrote:Hi,

Wonderful Mode.

I have few suggestions -

1. Audio Uploding - Can u provide us a way of remote server uploading. I mean two option
i.) Upload Audio using a http link
ii.) Uploading Audio on to a folder in server and then insert it into database using the front end. In this case, the System should take the relative path of the File and thats it.

2. Playlist - Use Ajax. And use it since beginning so that u need not modify lots of things later on.

If you want any help with the Development - Pleaseeee let me know. I am good at PHPBB and i am OKAY with PHP and all.

Thanks
noTrick
Audio Uploading i - Not sure about this one. I can try, but I don't like the chances of it working.
Audio Uploading ii - Sure, it'll be in the ACP though.
Ajax - definitely looking into it.
keith10456 wrote:Suggestion For Video Module (when you get to this):

If you add the ability to use YouTube links (which I hope you will) it will be cool if there is an option that will allow you to add multiple parts to the video Title... Considering many of the YouTube postings are multi-part.

Having this feature will allow members to add multiple videos to a Title "without" having to start a new post.


For example, let's say I was adding a YouTube video titled "My Home Video" that possessed 3 YouTube videos.

When posting the video in the media player, I would select a "Multi-Part YouTube" option... Which would then give me the fields to add the links to all 3 YouTube videos. Then I would proceed to enter the Title, Category, etc. as I normally would.

After the post is made, upon someone clicking the video Title, Part 1 will be displayed... In addition to the links to the other Parts.


Of course it doesn't have to be exactly like that... I'm just trying give you an idea as to what I'm talking about.
It'll pretty much be a rewrite of OurTube with some different styling, since woipi90 grabbed my code, ran off with it and completely mangled it, from what I can tell. I definitely like the multi-part option though.
alhitary wrote:where is the link to download this mod ?
There isn't one yet, because it isn't yet released.

User avatar
yexusbeliever
Registered User
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:49 pm
Location: Olympus phpBB3

Re: [DEV] DFC-MediaPortal - Complete media sharing for phpBB3

Post by yexusbeliever » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:56 pm

Very nice mod! Ready for download?

jakk
Registered User
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:03 am
Contact:

Re: [DEV] DFC-MediaPortal - Complete media sharing for phpBB3

Post by jakk » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:33 am

sounds very nice :)
ivemfinity.com | mundoforeros.com | support team member phpbb-es.com (Soporte en español)

dfcowell
Registered User
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:03 am

Re: [DEV] DFC-MediaPortal - Complete media sharing for phpBB3

Post by dfcowell » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:07 am

yexusbeliever wrote:Very nice mod! Ready for download?
Not quite. The audio part is almost ready. I just want to get AJAX playlist ordering done. ;)

dfcowell
Registered User
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:03 am

Re: [DEV] DFC-MediaPortal - Complete media sharing for phpBB3

Post by dfcowell » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:44 pm

AJAX add/remove playlist items is done. Next job is AJAX reordering, which shouldn't be too hard as long as I can get the sql manipulation down.

EDIT: AJAX reordering is done, just doing some testing. Then comes the MODX file.

User avatar
keith10456
Registered User
Posts: 2315
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:55 pm
Contact:

Re: [DEV] DFC-MediaPortal - Complete media sharing for phpBB3

Post by keith10456 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:22 pm

dfcowell wrote:AJAX add/remove playlist items is done. Next job is AJAX reordering, which shouldn't be too hard as long as I can get the sql manipulation down.

EDIT: AJAX reordering is done, just doing some testing. Then comes the MODX file.
This is great news :lol:

dfcowell
Registered User
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:03 am

Re: [DEV] DFC-MediaPortal - Complete media sharing for phpBB3

Post by dfcowell » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:50 am

Ok, I installed it on another forum of mine, and found and fixed a few bugs. I'll probably wait for a few more days before releasing it to make sure it's stable enough for prolonged use.

User avatar
keith10456
Registered User
Posts: 2315
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:55 pm
Contact:

Re: [DEV] DFC-MediaPortal - Complete media sharing for phpBB3

Post by keith10456 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:30 pm

dfcowell wrote:Ok, I installed it on another forum of mine, and found and fixed a few bugs. I'll probably wait for a few more days before releasing it to make sure it's stable enough for prolonged use.
Thanks for the update... Better to be safe than sorry ;)

sid_marvelous
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:27 pm

Re: [DEV] DFC-MediaPortal - Complete media sharing for phpBB3

Post by sid_marvelous » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:34 am

Waiting For Download .... I Am Way Too Eager :D

dfcowell
Registered User
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:03 am

Re: [DEV] DFC-MediaPortal - Complete media sharing for phpBB3

Post by dfcowell » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:53 pm

Getting there! :) Realised today I haven't implemented pagination. That should be the last thing to do before it's ready to go Alpha.

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”