[ABD] Calendar Alerts MOD v0.0.4

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
ChriZathens
Name: Chris

Re: [BETA] Calendar Alerts MOD v0.0.2

Post by ChriZathens » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:22 pm

battye wrote: Yes, that is a good point about the caching. I want the caching there for most of the time, because there is no need to query the database every time a user goes to the index page - but it should appear immediately so users aren't confused... something I will need to think about.
I can currently think of 2 ways to do this :
  1. Simplest
    After the message which is displayed after submitting a new alert ("Your alert for ..." ), also display that "Due to cache existence your alert will be visible to you in 60 minutes". (BTW 60 minutes seems too much - I believe 15 mins should be fine...)
  2. More work
    On every new alert submitted destroy the cache
Another request/idea for the first case: Control on/off of alerts and caching time of alerts via ACP. The message displays ""Due to cache existence your alert will be visible to you in x minutes" where x is the number set in the ACP... :P (OK, too much)
Honestly, lowering cache time a bit and displaying the message should be enough... At least for me it seems so... :)
battye wrote: Yes, the global alerts option is only available to admins (well, I hope it is!). Every user sees their own alerts as well as any alerts submitted by the admin which have been set to global.
I checked with both a user account and an admin account: The user has no global option and sees only his alerts and the ones set as global. The admin has the global option sees only his alerts and the ones set as global. So this part seems to work just fine.
The thing I cannot test right now is whether it works as intended regarding the times set for notification.

P.S.: I also experimented a bit with the layout of ucp_alerts.html and made the following changes:
I changed

Code: Select all

<dd>{L_UCP_ALERTS_NOTIFY_TEXT}: <input type="checkbox" value="1" name="day" /> {L_UCP_ALERTS_DAY} <input type="checkbox" value="1" name="daybefore" /> {L_UCP_ALERTS_DAY_BEFORE} <input type="checkbox" value="1" name="week" /> {L_UCP_ALERTS_WEEK_BEFORE} <input type="checkbox" value="1" name="week_leading" /> {L_UCP_ALERTS_WEEK_LEADING}</dd>
		<!-- IF U_ALERT_GLOBAL --><dd>{L_UCP_ALERTS_GLOBAL}: <input type="checkbox" value="1" name="alert_global" /></dd><!-- ENDIF -->
to

<dd>{L_UCP_ALERTS_NOTIFY_TEXT}:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<input type="checkbox" value="1" name="day" />{L_UCP_ALERTS_DAY}&nbsp;&nbsp;<input type="checkbox" value="1" name="daybefore" />{L_UCP_ALERTS_DAY_BEFORE}&nbsp;&nbsp;<input type="checkbox" value="1" name="week" />{L_UCP_ALERTS_WEEK_BEFORE}&nbsp;&nbsp;<input type="checkbox" value="1" name="week_leading" />{L_UCP_ALERTS_WEEK_LEADING}</dd>
		<!-- IF U_ALERT_GLOBAL --><br /><dt><label for="global">{L_UCP_ALERTS_GLOBAL}:</label><br /><span>{L_UCP_ALERTS_GLOBAL_INFO}</span></dt> <dd><input type="checkbox" value="1" name="alert_global" />{L_YES}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->
and also added the following in lang/en/ucp.php:

'UCP_ALERTS_GLOBAL_INFO'	=> 'Check this if you want this alert to be a global one',
The result is this: Image
What do you think?
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
If you need support click on the support tab there and post your question.
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:27 pm

Did some testing on your site... So far so good.

Quick question: Any thoughts on adding "Time" to the Alerts?

It wouldn't have to include options like "3 hours before" or anything... But having the time of the actual Alert would be great. This way you could create same-day Alerts.

lovelysummer

Post by lovelysummer » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:04 pm

Hi HI battye and ChriZathens ,

ChriAzthens , thanks for your inspiration of the template code, I made it this way.
What do you guys think ? :) ;)

<dl>
		<dt><label for="add">{L_UCP_ALERTS_ADD_NEW}:</label><br /><span>{L_UCP_ALERTS_ADD_NEW_INFO}</span></dt>
			<dd><input type="text" name="add" id="add" class="inputbox" /></dd>
			<dd>{L_DAY}: <select name="sday">{S_DAY}</select> {L_MONTH}: <select name="smonth">{S_MONTH}</select> {L_YEAR}: <select name="syear">{S_YEAR}</select></dd>
	</dl>
	<dl>
		<dt><label for="add">{L_UCP_ALERTS_NOTIFY_TEXT}:</label></dt>
		<dd><input type="checkbox" value="1" name="day" /> {L_UCP_ALERTS_DAY} <input type="checkbox" value="1" name="daybefore" /> {L_UCP_ALERTS_DAY_BEFORE} <input type="checkbox" value="1" name="week" /> {L_UCP_ALERTS_WEEK_BEFORE} <br /><input type="checkbox" value="1" name="week_leading" /> {L_UCP_ALERTS_WEEK_LEADING}</dd>

</dl>	
	<!-- IF U_ALERT_GLOBAL -->
	<dl>	
		<dt><label for="alert_global">{L_UCP_ALERTS_GLOBAL}:</label><br /><span>{L_UCP_ALERTS_GLOBAL_INFO}</span></dt> 
			<dd><input type="checkbox" value="1" id="alert_global" name="alert_global" />{L_YES}</dd>
	</dl>
	<!-- ENDIF -->

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:13 pm

lovelysummer wrote:Hi HI battye and ChriZathens ,

ChriAzthens , thanks for your inspiration of the template code, I made it this way.
What do you guys think ? :) ;)

<dl>
		<dt><label for="add">{L_UCP_ALERTS_ADD_NEW}:</label><br /><span>{L_UCP_ALERTS_ADD_NEW_INFO}</span></dt>
			<dd><input type="text" name="add" id="add" class="inputbox" /></dd>
			<dd>{L_DAY}: <select name="sday">{S_DAY}</select> {L_MONTH}: <select name="smonth">{S_MONTH}</select> {L_YEAR}: <select name="syear">{S_YEAR}</select></dd>
	</dl>
	<dl>
		<dt><label for="add">{L_UCP_ALERTS_NOTIFY_TEXT}:</label></dt>
		<dd><input type="checkbox" value="1" name="day" /> {L_UCP_ALERTS_DAY} <input type="checkbox" value="1" name="daybefore" /> {L_UCP_ALERTS_DAY_BEFORE} <input type="checkbox" value="1" name="week" /> {L_UCP_ALERTS_WEEK_BEFORE} <br /><input type="checkbox" value="1" name="week_leading" /> {L_UCP_ALERTS_WEEK_LEADING}</dd>

</dl>	
	<!-- IF U_ALERT_GLOBAL -->
	<dl>	
		<dt><label for="alert_global">{L_UCP_ALERTS_GLOBAL}:</label><br /><span>{L_UCP_ALERTS_GLOBAL_INFO}</span></dt> 
			<dd><input type="checkbox" value="1" id="alert_global" name="alert_global" />{L_YES}</dd>
	</dl>
	<!-- ENDIF -->
This is cool 8-)

One problem... It's the same with the original design.

The options for a "New Alert" needs to be above the Alerts already created. Otherwise, a person could have 10-15 alerts... and would have to scroll all the way down just to add a new one.

If the "New Alert" options are at the top, it will be more user-friendly :)

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:36 am

ChriZathens, yeah - I was thinking destroying the cache may be the best bet because some users might not understand what cache is in the message. I really like your design for the ucp_alerts.html page, I think I will change this in Beta 3 (v0.0.3). I might even put the checkboxes into their own row.

lovelysummer, I like how you've made the "global alert" text in red. That looks really nice, I might do that in 0.0.3 as well :D

keith10456, agreed - it would be user friendly to have the new alerts fields at the top of the page to avoid scrolling. Will do in 0.0.3.

Some great suggestions here, 3 out of 3 to be added in the next version :mrgreen:

Thanks for the great ideas.
Customisations Team Member

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:02 pm

battye wrote:ChriZathens, yeah - I was thinking destroying the cache may be the best bet because some users might not understand what cache is in the message. I really like your design for the ucp_alerts.html page, I think I will change this in Beta 3 (v0.0.3). I might even put the checkboxes into their own row.

lovelysummer, I like how you've made the "global alert" text in red. That looks really nice, I might do that in 0.0.3 as well :D

keith10456, agreed - it would be user friendly to have the new alerts fields at the top of the page to avoid scrolling. Will do in 0.0.3.

Some great suggestions here, 3 out of 3 to be added in the next version :mrgreen:

Thanks for the great ideas.
Thanks for your hard work ;)

lovelysummer

Post by lovelysummer » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:04 am

I would like to request one more text line in the index_body.html something like this. ;)

add

<!-- IF U_ALERT_GLOBAL-->Global alert  by Admin<!-- ENDIF -->
after

<strong>{alerts.U_CALENDAR_ALERT_NOTIFICATION}</strong>
and will look like this for Global alert

:) tks

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:47 am

lovelysummer wrote:I would like to request one more text line in the index_body.html something like this. ;)

add

<!-- IF U_ALERT_GLOBAL-->Global alert  by Admin<!-- ENDIF -->
after

<strong>{alerts.U_CALENDAR_ALERT_NOTIFICATION}</strong>
and will look like this for Global alert

:) tks
No need to use the word "Global" in "Global Alert By Admin". The average member doesn't have a clue about "Global"... A simple "Alert By Admin" would be fine ;)

Great idea though 8-)

darkonia

Post by darkonia » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:16 pm

v0.0.2 German Translation

// Calendar Alerts MOD
   'UCP_ALERTS'            => 'Erinnerungen',
   'UCP_ALERTS_TITLE'         => 'Setze Kalender Erinnerungen',
   'UCP_ALERTS_INFO'         => 'Auf dieser Seite kannst Du Kalender Erinnerungen einstellen. Anhand Deiner Einstellungen wirst Du auf dem Forum Index benachrichtigt entweder eine Woche davor, einen Tag davor oder am Tag des von Dir eingetragenen Termins.',
   'UCP_ALERTS_ADD_NEW'      => 'Füge eine neue Erinnerung hinzu',
   'UCP_ALERTS_ADD_NEW_INFO'   => 'Hier kannst Du den Text der Erinnerung eingeben, sowie den Zeitraum für die Anzeiges der von Dir erstellten Erinnerung.',
   'UCP_ALERTS_NOTIFY_TEXT'   => 'Benachrichtigung',
   'UCP_ALERTS_DAY'         => 'Am selben Tag',
   'UCP_ALERTS_DAY_BEFORE'      => 'Einen Tag davor',
   'UCP_ALERTS_WEEK_BEFORE'   => 'Eine Woche davor',
   'UCP_ALERTS_WEEK_LEADING'	=> 'Für 7-malige Wiederholung vor und bis zum Erinnerungsdatum',
   'UCP_ALERTS_GLOBAL'		=> 'Globale Erinnerung',
   'UCP_ALERTS_FORM_REDO'      => 'Bitte überprüfe Deine Angaben ob alles richtig und vollständig eingetragen wurde.<br />%sGehe zur letzten Seite zurück%s.',
   'UCP_ALERTS_SUBMITTED'      => 'Deine Erinnerung für %s wurde erfolgreich gespeichert. Du wirst für den Termin erinnert bei der von Dir eingestellten Zeit: %s<br />%sGehe zur letzten Seite zurück%s.',
   'UCP_ALERTS_DELETE'         => 'Lösche die Erinnerung',
   'UCP_ALERTS_DELETE_CONFIRM'   => 'Bist Du dir sicher das Du diese Erinnerung Löschen willst?',
   'UCP_ALERTS_DELETE_SUCCESS'   => 'Diese Erinnerung wurde erfolgreich gelöscht.<br />%sGehe zur letzten Seite zurück%s.',
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:50 pm

Thanks darkonia, added the link to both CMX and here in the first post :)

keith and lovelysummer: for including global/admin alert text on the index: that is a good idea, will do for the next version :)

darkonia

Post by darkonia » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:05 pm

request:

- edit alert option
- bbcode usage
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

Jorup16
Name: Jorge

Post by Jorup16 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:32 pm

v0.0.2 Spanish Translation - Traducción al Español:

// Calendar Alerts MOD
	'UCP_ALERTS'			=> 'Alertas',
	'UCP_ALERTS_TITLE'		=> 'Modificar alertas del calendario',
	'UCP_ALERTS_INFO'		=> 'En esta pagina puedes ingresar las alertas del calendario. Dependiendo de las opciones que elijas en la alerta, recibiras una noticia en el indice del foro, notificandote de la alerta una semana antes, un dia antes o el mismo dia de la alerta.',
	'UCP_ALERTS_ADD_NEW'		=> 'Agregar nueva alerta',
	'UCP_ALERTS_ADD_NEW_INFO'	=> 'Aqui puedes ingregar el texto de alerta y la fecha en la que quieres que se te notifique.',
	'UCP_ALERTS_NOTIFY_TEXT'	=> 'Notificar',
	'UCP_ALERTS_DAY'		=> 'En el dia',
	'UCP_ALERTS_DAY_BEFORE'		=> 'El dia anterior',
	'UCP_ALERTS_WEEK_BEFORE'	=> 'Siete dias antes',
	'UCP_ALERTS_WEEK_LEADING'	=> 'Durante cada uno de los siete dias antes del evento',
	'UCP_ALERTS_GLOBAL'		=> 'Alerta Global',
	'UCP_ALERTS_FORM_REDO'		=> 'Por favor revisa que la fecha, el texto de la alarma y el tiempo de la notificacion hayan sido agregados correctamente.<br />%sRegresar a la pagina anterior%s.',
	'UCP_ALERTS_SUBMITTED'		=> 'Tu alerta para %s ha sido ingresada a la base de datos. Seras notificado de esto algun tiempo antes del evento: <br />%s<br />%sRegresar a la pagina anterio%s.',
	'UCP_ALERTS_DELETE'		=> 'Borrar alerta',
	'UCP_ALERTS_DELETE_CONFIRM'	=> 'Estas seguro que quieres borrar esta alerta?',
	'UCP_ALERTS_DELETE_SUCCESS'	=> 'La alerta ha sido borrada satisfactoriamente.<br />%sRegresar a la pagina anterior%s.',

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:59 pm

Thanks Jorup16, I have updated the first post :)

darkonia, good idea about bbCode - I had completely overlooked that. That would be a good addition. If not 0.0.3, then definitely the version after :)

I don't know if I've posted this anywhere yet, but I have already completed a bit of 0.0.3 (fixing the month bug and I think the pacific time bug, and adding the "global" text to the UCP and index page). I want to finish 0.0.3 tomorrow (fingers crossed). :)

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:10 am

keith10456 wrote:... Quick question: Any thoughts on adding "Time" to the Alerts?

It wouldn't have to include options like "3 hours before" or anything... But having the time of the actual Alert would be great. This way you could create same-day Alerts.
Any thoughts on this?

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:02 pm

Probably no to adding actual times, it would feel like bloat to add so many different options (half an hour before, an hour before, 3 hours before, etc). I think for people wishing to do this, just include the time in the alert name and set it to same day. That way you won't miss it :)

Edit: if anyone wants an advance copy of 0.0.3 tonight, please PM me :)

I've pretty much completed 0.0.3, but yet to package it. I've decided to leave UMIL and bbCode compatibility until 0.0.4 :)

So included in 0.0.3 is:

- fix 2:00 bug / pacific time bug
- destroy cache once alert is entered / deleted
- "global" text in UCP & index
- re-structure ucp_alerts.html
- fix wrong month bug

Here is a screenshot of how the new ucp_alerts.html looks (it's not shown here, but alerts will now appear at the bottom - under the area to add a new alert):
Attachments
Picture 18.png
Picture 18.png (35.94 KiB) Viewed 664 times

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”