[ABD] Smixmods Feed News Center v0.4.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
therat

Re: [DEV] Smixmods Feed News Center v0.3.1

Post by therat » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:48 am

It looks like you missed the edit to includes/constants.php

Find

Code: Select all

// Additional tables
Add after

define('SMIXMODS_FEED_NEWS_CENTER_FEEDS', $table_prefix . 'smixmods_feed_news_center');

dxflw

Post by dxflw » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:20 pm

Hello,
If i run now the update_feeds.php i get this error.

Fatal error: Class 'smix_feed_parser' not found in /home/buy4me/public_html/e-florina.gr/forum/update_feeds.php on line 20

What is the command for adding cronjob in cpanel and if i do not add the cron will working the same?

There is no guide.txt in this mod? I see only 2 xml files and i dont know how to use it or open it.

therat

Post by therat » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:09 pm

dxflw wrote:Hello,
If i run now the update_feeds.php i get this error.

Fatal error: Class 'smix_feed_parser' not found in /home/buy4me/public_html/e-florina.gr/forum/update_feeds.php on line 20

What is the command for adding cronjob in cpanel and if i do not add the cron will working the same?

There is no guide.txt in this mod? I see only 2 xml files and i dont know how to use it or open it.
Open the install_mod.xml file in your browser, all the installation instructions are in there.

dxflw

Post by dxflw » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:39 pm

Thank you.

Now its works.
But still one think ,after all i done the bot have post some rss feeds but not the complete content.In example only 300 characters max.

This mod can not post the complete content? Or is because i added fedd URL from RSS2 content?
What is my fault ?

Thank you.
David

therat

Post by therat » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:03 pm

dxflw wrote:Thank you.

Now its works.
But still one think ,after all i done the bot have post some rss feeds but not the complete content.In example only 300 characters max.

This mod can not post the complete content? Or is because i added fedd URL from RSS2 content?
What is my fault ?

Thank you.
David
It will only post as much as the feed provider gives you.

dxflw

Post by dxflw » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:55 pm

I mean like the rss2 feeds give the content:encoded.
I have try to Post template with the bellow formats but i get the same results (only 300 characters max)

<content:encoded>
{content:encoded}
[content:encoded]
"content:encoded"
'content:encoded'

I have try with vbulletin board the same Feed url with encoded content and i get the full content like normal post (not only 300 characters).

Also this mod does not post the full content right?

Jak The Lad

Post by Jak The Lad » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:33 am

Hi, i'm having an issue. I seem to have installed it all fine (i hope), no errors are showing, but im not seeing a panel on the left side of the ACP section (see pic)

Can anyone think of what i've messed up? I used the original Zip folder on the 1st page to install this morning.

herzbube

Post by herzbube » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:22 pm

The posting are only shown after logout and login, is this normal?
It will only post as much as the feed provider gives you.
I also have also only an Intro text with 300 Characters in my Posts :-(

ninjamoo

Post by ninjamoo » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:28 pm

If you want to be able to load the <content:encoded> please do this:

====FIND====(Only the first instance)

// list all item tags, which are available
		foreach ($this->data->channel->item as $item)
		{

====add AFTER====

$child = $item->children('http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/');
                        foreach ($child as $k => $v)
			{
$this->items[$i][utf8_recode($k, $this->encoding)] = (string)utf8_recode($v, $this->encoding);
$this->check_item_atributes($k);
                        }

====FIND====

$temp = ( ($this->feed_type == 'rss') || ($this->feed_type == 'rdf') )? 'description' : 'content';
====REPLACE WITH====

$temp = ( ($this->feed_type == 'rss') || ($this->feed_type == 'rdf') )? 'encoded' : 'content';

MAKE SURE THAT YOU MODIFIED THE NEXT LINE AS WELL IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY TO READ (think it's on page 7 or 8)

$message = $this->items[$i][$temp]."\n\n".$this->items[$i]['link'];

That's it. It will now display the entire RSS2 feed, no longer just the description. Be cautious though, a lot of html doesn't work such as iframe, table, etc. so the desired result may not be achieved without sime bbcode replacement tinkering.

I'm not supporting this, it's the original authors mod and all credit goes to him. I'm simply offering you a way to parse all of the rss2 feed instead of the description.

ninjamoo

Post by ninjamoo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:01 am

There seems to be an additional problem. This mod searches through the post topic title and compares that to the RSS feed. Even if there are 2 seperate rss posts it will not update if the rss posts have the same title :? It just thinks it's the same post...

Maple360

Post by Maple360 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:00 pm

im having problems, everything worked alright, but once i entered the admin panel i get the following error.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/common.php:1)

proconhosting

Post by proconhosting » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:28 am

Hello. I am trying to install this mod. I did all the changes to the files, but when I get to the point where it says:
Navigate to:
Administration Control Panel > System > Module Management :: Administration Control Panel > .MODs and create a Category for modules.
I am stuck. I don't know what goes in "Module language name:"

dkdkdkdk

Post by dkdkdkdk » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:03 am

What exactly must be written in cron.php when I want to update RSS feeds every 30min with "Cron init" instead of "Index init"??

Anyone, guys?

-FN-

Post by -FN- » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:36 pm

dkdkdkdk wrote:What exactly must be written in cron.php when I want to update RSS feeds every 30min with "Cron init" instead of "Index init"??
First things first, I'd leave 'cron.php' alone. That's phpBB's way of getting tasks done without actually using cron.

Secondly, to edit your cron settings, you'll need to log into your web host via telnet or ssh. Once you're in, type:

crontab -e
Then add this line to the end of the file:

0       *       *       *       *       wget -O - -q -t 1 http://www.yourforum.com/update_feeds.php
And save your changes. It's that simple assuming you have all that access, but if you want to understand what's really going on:

http://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+add+a+cron+job

--

On another note, I just realized the other day that my installation hasn't posted any of my feeds in awhile... only to find that loading 'update_feeds.php' now yields:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare generate_smilies() (previously declared in /forums/includes/functions_posting.php:22) in /forums/includes/functions_posting.php on line 142
Still investigating but any help would be appreciated.

Bjoern28

Post by Bjoern28 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:27 am

Hi,

i just copied all the files to my Board and editied the files..

then i run under contrib/install.php

But the following error occurs now:

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'extern-ipad.CONFIG_TABLE' doesn't exist [1146]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

So my forum do not work anymore too....

Can some help here?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”