[ABD] Smixmods Feed News Center v0.4.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
jvector

Re: [DEV] Smixmods Feed News Center v0.3.4

Post by jvector » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:30 am

Mess wrote: There is no support for the mod, and the author may, or may not return again, again.
That is alarming to hear. I had just about decided that this was the closest mod to what I am looking for (which is the same as most people here, I think ... an unfussy auto-post from a regular RSS feed.) This one Mod certainly seems to be the most active out of a small set of options.

I have an issue (and I have read way more than 22 pages of threads looking for answers ;-) :

Admin setup is as per recommended examples. The feed is picked up and posts appear. But there are HTTP links in the feed that are not appearing in the generated post. This is a couple of the (item)s in the raw XML of the feed:

Code: Select all

<item>
                <title>Wind power firms choose sites for UK factory jobs</title>
                <link>http://workforums.co.uk/2011/01/wind-power-firms-choose-sites-for-uk-factory-jobs/</link>
                <comments>http://workforums.co.uk/2011/01/wind-power-firms-choose-sites-for-uk-factory-jobs/#comments</comments>
                <pubDate>Fri, 21 Jan 2011 06:01:02 +0000</pubDate>
                <dc:creator>admin</dc:creator>
                                <category><![CDATA[News]]></category>

<guid isPermaLink="false">http://workforums.co.uk/2011/01/wind-power-firms-choose-sites-for-uk-factory-jobs/</guid>
                <description><![CDATA[LONDON (Reuters) &#8211; Two global wind farm manufacturers stepped up their commitment to the growing renewable energy industry Thursday by planning to build factories in Hull and Scotland, creating up to 1,000 jobs.]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>LONDON (Reuters) &#8211; Two global wind farm manufacturers stepped up their commitment to the growing renewable energy industry Thursday by planning to build factories in Hull and Scotland, creating up to 1,000 jobs.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
                        <wfw:commentRss>http://workforums.co.uk/2011/01/wind-power-firms-choose-sites-for-uk-factory-jobs/feed/</wfw:commentRss>
                <slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
                </item>
                <item>
                <title>Go ON &#8211; get more out of life online</title>
                <link>http://workforums.co.uk/2011/01/go-on-get-more-out-of-life-online/</link>
                <comments>http://workforums.co.uk/2011/01/go-on-get-more-out-of-life-online/#comments</comments>
                <pubDate>Thu, 20 Jan 2011 06:14:28 +0000</pubDate>
                <dc:creator>admin</dc:creator>
                                <category><![CDATA[News]]></category>

<guid isPermaLink="false">http://workforums.co.uk/2011/01/go-on-get-more-out-of-life-online/</guid>
                <description><![CDATA[Free events will be running at more than 1,500 venues across the country as part of the Go ON &#8211; get more out of life online campaign.]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Free events will be running at more than 1,500 venues across the country as part of the Go ON &#8211; get more out of life online campaign.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
                     	<wfw:commentRss>http://workforums.co.uk/2011/01/go-on-get-more-out-of-life-online/feed/</wfw:commentRss>
                <slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
                </item>
The RSS feed is being generated from a WordPress blog ... what I would like is the link back to for example
http://workforums.co.uk/2011/01/go-on-g ... -online/to be active on the title of the forum post.

The feed is http://workforums.co.uk/feed/ .
The posts appear at http://workforums.co.uk/forums .

If anyone can tell me what I need to do on either the feed-generation side or the FNC side I would be very grateful!

victor

jvector

Post by jvector » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:01 am

The solution is buried here in this self same thread. back on page 7

For those who only read the top & tail of threads, here it is again ;)

replace

$message = $this->feed_name."\n\n".$this->items[$i][$temp];
with

$message = $this->items[$i][$temp]."\n\n".$this->items[$i]['link'];
in this
includes/mods/smixmods_feed_news_center.class.php

Minkster1973

Post by Minkster1973 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:53 am

I am now unable to edit/move or adminstrate these feed posts at all now. No settings have been changed and no mods have been added. I simply went to move a post to another forum for further discussion and I do not have the ability.

I am admin and forum founder and have checked all permissions.

Any suggestions?

PaulKnave

Post by PaulKnave » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:29 pm

Please help me ive been trying to figure this problem out for days !!

Ive uploaded everything and edited all files corretly, i cannot see feed list in the drop down menu and also in the mods tab this is what shows

ftp://swallowp@66.7.221.164/public_html/help.jpg

please help as im going mad trying to figure this out

Minkster1973

Post by Minkster1973 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:05 am

That picture is password protected.

powaa69

Post by powaa69 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:59 pm

OK i have a problem with my installation i guess as you can see on my pics :

If anyone know how to fix that please share it with me :mrgreen:

TRNC

Post by TRNC » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:12 pm

powaa69 wrote:OK i have a problem with my installation i guess as you can see on my pics :

If anyone know how to fix that please share it with me :mrgreen:
You didnt upload language files to your default language directory.

powaa69

Post by powaa69 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:07 am

I think that i know the problem, my forum and administration are in french and the language file is english so i can't have proper installation i guess :(

Nephilim7

Post by Nephilim7 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:36 am

let down in their own language, and then possibly Translate
sorry for my english

cenzo74

Post by cenzo74 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:36 am

I believe I got everything to install correctly... I have entered in feeds and configured it various ways listed here, and still no feeds are being pulled into my thread. Here's my setup...

Type: RSS
Encoding: UTF-8
Post content of the feed: enabled
Message limit: 3
Poster: 1
Forum ID: News
Topic ID: 0 (can't enter a number here)
Post Template: (entered nothing)

General Config: I've tried two setups...
disabled
disabled
enabled
enabled
simplexml

... and..
enabled
enabled
disabled
disable
simplexml

I'm left to ask these few questions, since I'm pretty lost now...

1. Do I need to have a topic made to have it post? Or will it create a topic for each post? Cuz the forums is empty at the moment.

2. when attempting cron jobs do I need to edit the default file that was put there? and if I need to edit it, what do I change?

3. Is there something I need to do with bots here? Right now bots have bot access to forums I'm trying to post in.

Cheers if you can help me.

Petru55

Post by Petru55 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:25 am

Hello
After installing , recoding , etc. , I can login as admin and when I have to relogin the font is larger and I get:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4504: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4506: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/common.php:1)
If I still press "log in" for ACP

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1024: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1024: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/common.php:1)

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/user1/public_html/forum1.ro/language/en/acp/common.php:1) in /home/user1/public_html/forum1.ro/includes/functions.php on line 4504

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/user1/public_html/forum1.ro/language/en/acp/common.php:1) in /home/user1/public_html/forum1.ro/includes/functions.php on line 4505

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/user1/public_html/forum1.ro/language/en/acp/common.php:1) in /home/user1/public_html/forum1.ro/includes/functions.php on line 4506

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/user1/public_html/forum1.ro/language/en/acp/common.php:1) in /home/user1/public_html/forum1.ro/includes/functions.php on line 4507
Also , at bottom it is:

You have successfully authenticated and will now be redirected to the Administration Control Panel.
Proceed to the ACP

And it autoredirects at main page UNlogged !

I don't have acces to ACP after this install.

I used Notepad++ , the board is 3.0.8.

At /includes/functions.php on line 4504 is

header('Content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8');
	header('Cache-Control: private, no-cache="set-cookie"');
	header('Expires: 0');
	header('Pragma: no-cache');

return;
At /includes/session.php on line 1024

header('Set-Cookie: ' . $name_data . (($cookietime) ? '; expires=' . $expire : '') . '; path=' . $config['cookie_path'] . $domain . ((!$config['cookie_secure']) ? '' : '; secure') . '; HttpOnly', false);
Please help

Petru55

Post by Petru55 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:25 pm

I really need someone to help because i tried all day with no luck.
I cannot log in ACP after "installing" this mod.

I retried to backup and reinstall. All good , reedit , recopy .

Same error and no ACP at this moment for tuning the mod.

silverstorm

Post by silverstorm » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:14 am

Is there any progress about this mod?
or it's just abandoned just like other RSS-write-new-topic mod?

grimlove

Post by grimlove » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:36 pm

My problem is defined in this picture below.

The problem is that all post made are no synchronized or we can say it is not managed.

Do this have to do something with Encoding or Post Template?

Anyone can please help me with this problem.. I will be very greatfull.

Thank in Advance

TheSa|nt

Post by TheSa|nt » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:44 am

The second I added a second blog feed and loaded the update_feeds.php file to manually get everything, I get the following errors. If I disable the second, it loads normally.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/mods/smixmods_feed_news_center.class.php on line 641: Undefined offset: 1

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /public_html/forum/includes/functions.php:3706) in /public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 4505

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /public_html/forum/includes/functions.php:3706) in /public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 4507

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /public_html/forum/includes/functions.php:3706) in /public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 4508

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /public_html/forum/includes/functions.php:3706) in /public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 4509

I tried doing what was mentioned here: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p11933545, but I still get the errors.
Last edited by TheSa|nt on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”