[ABD] Smixmods Feed News Center v0.4.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
nasrollah1980

Re: [DEV] Smixmods Feed News Center v0.4.0

Post by nasrollah1980 »

thank you for you directions and fast reply ...

one more question i get the user bot to post with 2 different rss feeds sources (but) just for first time each has posted 5 topics now for 12 hours the bot have not posted a single topic even i set it to post every one hour..???so i dunno !!

now i double checked the feed settings are set to enable-enable-disable-disable and to simplexml.

now as for the feed listing i have 2 feeds so far and the settings are as suggested also as it worked and posted for the first time each 5 posts but when i looked into the Type of the feed (ATOM/RSS/RDF) i by default have leave it as /RSS but now when i click again on the feed setting i find out that instead of RSS it is been some how changed to ATOM so i set it back to default RSS and then open the main page of my forum then i refere back to the feed settings then i find out that have been changed to ATOM (it means after saving the settings back to default ,any member enters the site or if i refresh the forum main page the settings will be changed automatically to ATOM..i guess thats the reason why i dont get the new topics to be posted on my forum ..)

any help please ?? my forum is http://www.iapphacks.net thank you again for your great work really thank you from my heart..
TheSa|nt

Post by TheSa|nt »

You got me on that one. I don't know the answer to that. If anything pops up in this head of mine, i'll respond with something. As for the author...I don't think he reads this thread :(

Because I still haven't been able to get cron to work. I am stubburn at times and don't like to give up...so even though I knew it would take a lot of unnecessary time, I completely deleted 0.4.0 mod from my forums and added it from scratch....still no cron posting and FB rss feeds are still broke. I should have never have upgraded :( :( :( :( :( :(
Smix

Post by Smix »

Good news everyone!
version 0.5.0 is under development and it looks like it's going to be released really soon ;) If you didn't read any development updates, you can get more informations there http://phpbb3.smika.net/mod/sfnc-development ;) At this moment I'm not going to deeply answer or test problems with previous versions, as I believe some of the problems should be fixed with that version ;-)

If I'll summarize it, most problems there noticed are possibly related to templating and problematic formats of the feeds, which is not standardized. I do know, that there are some bugs related to the mod itself. But 99% of reporters didn't add any error messages from server error log, so I can only guess ... :(
Also many users reported problem after installing with automod installer, that there is no module in ACP ... No it isn't. And it's not intended to install this mod with automod installer ...

Anyway, I've failed again to answer all questions :oops: Sorry. But I'll gladly do it right now ...

@TheSa|nt
Hello,
yes, I do read this topic, but most questions were already answered and for your questions/problems AFAIK I don't know the answer ...
If you've seen the previous feeds in ACP, than you've possibly didn't deleted the old file from includes/ACP and it was somehow cached.
About cron - you have to add an action to your cron table on server to initiate the file and than it will work. But if it's not working, than you still have to check your error log.
If Facebook feeds were working for you in previous version, please feel free to use the previous version (still downloadable from http://phpbb3.smika.net/mod/sfnc) until I'll come with 0.5.x version and I'll do everything to get the FB feeds working ;-)
Thanks for replying and giving a support for my mod ;-)

@nasrollah1980
Hello,
there is possibly some problem with parsing which stops the loop - check out your error log for more informations.
If you set the feed to RSS and than you find out it is set as ATOM, than the mod itself finds out, that the mod is ATOM and you've badly set it up. I'm not sure if the problem is not deeper - after this re-setup to ATOM, templates possibly doesn't work.

@llmoney.ws
Hello,
you have to add/enable .MODs in System / Module management ;-) than continue with install instructions ;-)

@disconnect
Hello,
the problem with $default_function is I believe a relict from some very old package, latest version has this already fixed. (ahh! I've found it right now - I didn't moved the tag :oops: Please download the latest package :arrow: https://github.com/jirismika/SFNC/archive/master.zip - this bug was fixed 10 months ago)
I am unable to tell everyone how to setup his feed. If the guildwars feed is not working (it's ATOM with some dirty tags and structures), I'll try to test it later (with release of 0.5.0).

@RexMundi412
Hello,
you have to add an action into your server's cron tab to initiate this page and set the mod in ACP to Cron mode. That's possibly everything. If it's not working, you have to check out your server's error log ;-)

@gamesaga & @Ridewithme38
Hello,
please have a look into your server error log for more informations what's wrong ;-) Anyway, please wait for the next 0.5.x version, I'm not going to fix the 0.4.x branch with another 0.4.y update.

@PPOMOBIL
Hello,
I'll get back to your proposal later, but I've tested this very long time ago and there were some bug with this, but I don't remember. Anyway thanks for your idea ;-)
Mess
Name: Kim

Post by Mess »

Welcome back Smix.
Still following the progress. :)
joshuadenmark
Name: Peter

Post by joshuadenmark »

Following this too with great interest, nice work.

Thanks for the update.

Best regards
Joshuadenmark
paultgreen

Post by paultgreen »

Hi, this is a great little mod.. What would be really useful would be the ability to include and exclude the feed items to make forum posts from.. Similar to how the Joomla article generator component does it. Are there any plans for this type of development?
Smix

Post by Smix »

Hello,
good news everyone! ... Well, mostly ... I've got two messages, the first one is, that I've got the main parts of mod working now (no ACP yet and some details todo) ... The second is ... as I've dived into code, and found out that already a second beta for phpBB 3.1 (which finally introduced a namespaces/modularity/OOP to phpBB code) is now available, I've decided to make the v0.5.x firstly for 3.1 (forward compatibility) and than decide to reuse the code on 3.0.x branch ... or not ...
Well, that mean another delay, but I believe I'll do it shortly ... I know I'm telling this for a year :oops: But I'll finish it ;-)

As 0.5.x will introduce a DataSources (not only feeds), I'm thinking about renaming the mod, any ideas on a better name?

@Mess & @joshuadenmark Thanks ;-)

@paultgreen Hello,
I'm not familiar with Joomla article generator, so please describe this feature more ;-) If you want to show a specific feed (topics with links) on top of the page in viewtopic or viewforum, than yes, it's a planned feature ;-)
geezzaa

Post by geezzaa »

Hi , i have installed this mod but i cant get it to work :(.
Im a newbie at this .. i have followed the instructions but it just wont post
wintstar
Location: Central Hessen, close to the "heart of nature", Germany

Post by wintstar »

geezzaa wrote:Hi , i have installed this mod but i cant get it to work :(.
Im a newbie at this .. i have followed the instructions but it just wont post
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=1965465&start=465#p13271614
geezzaa

Post by geezzaa »

wintstar wrote:Look at the picture

If that is set with you, it should work.
Thanks for that, i dont have that setup page tho :(
geezzaa

Post by geezzaa »

Can tha page be accessed by URL ? if so where should i be pointing
geezzaa

Post by geezzaa »

Its ok i found it :)
geezzaa

Post by geezzaa »

ARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH !!!! Newbie frustrations.

Can somebody advise me please . im trying to get MTV news rss to be posted on my board. The link is http://www.mtv.co.uk/rss/news

These are the settings
http://agencyofsound.co.uk/phpBB3/downl ... &mode=view

Nothing is being posted , its been 3 hours now and stil nothing.
Could someone tell me (in basic terms) please where im going wrong

Thanks
Smix

Post by Smix »

Hello,
I can't download the settings ... Whats in your error log?

Anyway, it's not recommended to install it on a live board and using requires a basic knowledge of phpBB and XML
geezzaa

Post by geezzaa »

Hi smix thanks for getting back to me, Im just setting up that website and playing around finding the best mods for my purpose if you know what i mean.
Sorry gave you the wrong url . correct one is http://agencyofsound.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=32

My board error log is not showing any errors
I have 4 feeds that i know are working correctly on my Vb forum , But only 1 of them (first one i setup) is posting

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”