[ABD] Smixmods Feed News Center v0.4.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Volksdevil
Name: Neil

Re: [DEV] Smixmods Feed News Center v0.4.0

Post by Volksdevil »

Hi, can you please tell me how I can uninstall version 0.3.4? I need to do so because I'm updating to phpbb 3.1.1. :) I tried loading the install file, but there's no 'uninstall' option, it just says, 'this version already installed'
My phpBB Extensions
Finally found great Website Hosting from :arrow: KUALO!
Do NOT use 123-reg.co.uk - Incapable of running phpBB!
:ugeek: TekNeil - Streamer on Twitch | My Volkswagen Corrado G60
RexMundi412

Post by RexMundi412 »

Volksdevil wrote:Hi, can you please tell me how I can uninstall version 0.3.4? I need to do so because I'm updating to phpbb 3.1.1. :) I tried loading the install file, but there's no 'uninstall' option, it just says, 'this version already installed'
From what I gather even v0.4.0 isn't compatible with phpBB 3.1.1. So if you want to continue using the mod, I would wait till we hear from Smika. He's been working on v0.5.0 and it is supposed to be compatible with 3.1.1, you can follow development here... http://phpbb3.smika.net/mod/sfnc-development

But if you are going to update to phpBB 3.1.1 anyway... I could be wrong but I think the instructions for uninstalling mods are to follow them in reverse?(research that before proceeding.) Or you can do what I intend to do, use a fresh phpBB install, import my database then install extensions(mods) from the list that are compatible with 3.1.1.
Volksdevil
Name: Neil

Post by Volksdevil »

I was able to reverse the mod by going backwards, but I had to manually remove any additions I found in the database via phpmyadmin. :)
My phpBB Extensions
Finally found great Website Hosting from :arrow: KUALO!
Do NOT use 123-reg.co.uk - Incapable of running phpBB!
:ugeek: TekNeil - Streamer on Twitch | My Volkswagen Corrado G60
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Sorry for bumping and being newbie... How to *install* this mod? I'm new to being forum administrator :)

I'll be trying to install this on phpbb 3.0.12

Devvie
twitter.com/devnullius

post-edit: thanks to one of my followers, I got pointed to this article: https://verrytechnical.com/automaticall ... o-phpbb-3/

This kinda works for 3.0.12 too. It should work, if not I'll repost :)

http://crypto.country/forum/viewforum.php?f=12

Devvie
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Ok, slowly I get new posts in my forum. Assuming no entries are missed by the RSS itself (atom/RSS), it looks good EXCEPT...

EXCEPT: no links are posted to the original article! I only get original subject, nothing else.

Anyone any suggestions? :/
TheSa|nt

Post by TheSa|nt »

bitcoin wrote:Ok, slowly I get new posts in my forum. Assuming no entries are missed by the RSS itself (atom/RSS), it looks good EXCEPT...

EXCEPT: no links are posted to the original article! I only get original subject, nothing else.

Did you look into the settings in admin? I can't remember for sure if there was a toggle for links, but mine still posts links just fine. I can't confirm because I haven't been able to see the settings screen in many many months (just turns a blank screen that I have never been able to troubleshoot). I've been patiently waiting for the new SFNC release, but I don't know if he is working on it any longer. Sounds like he has just been way too busy normal life stuff.
TheSa|nt

Post by TheSa|nt »

Smix wrote:MOD Name: SmiX.MODs Feed News Center
MOD Version: 0.4.0
formerly known as lastRSS agregator & lastRSS autoposting bot .MODs, which were (or will be) merged and reworked
lastRSS parser class is not used anymore
If you need to uninstall lastRSS autoposting bot, you can check the original MODX file there

MOD Descriptio............................

Hey Smix! How goes the conversion to 3.1? I screwed up personally and upgraded without removing it from the mod screen. Honestly, the old install was so screwed up, it probably wouldn't have uninstalled without error anyways. I wish phpbb was a little more friendly in mods like wordpress is. I was able to upload all the old files and rename the table in the DB and all the admin screens work. I just doubt it's actually going to function haha.

I still have to say, this has been and still is one of my favorite mods to phpBB ever. It has been so useful to consolidate information into one spot with :)

As I am sure it won't be working without proper install into the 3.1 atmosphere, I will strongly miss it until the 3.1 version comes out :D

Sidenote: Maybe someone can contribute to Smix with the development? If I had the brains, I know I would offer my help...but sadly I would be useless. I know someone somewhere though would be more than happy to assist Smix if he asks :) Especially now that the new extension system is so easy to use...this will take this extension right to the top in terms of one of the most commonly downloaded. He should put an amazon ad in the SFNC options window so he can make a little side profit for his endeavors.
Last edited by TheSa|nt on Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holger

Post by Holger »

+1!
Aurelienazerty

Post by Aurelienazerty »

+1
I'm looking forward this mod, but as you can see here : http://phpbb3.smika.net/mod/sfnc-development

There is no news since 1 year.
whocarez

Post by whocarez »

+1
waiting for the extension!
TheSa|nt

Post by TheSa|nt »

Looks like the system is sort of working for now. Some of it at least.

I do see the following at the top of the page now though:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mods/sfnc/sfnc.class.php on line 299: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
What's on that line is:

Code: Select all

foreach ($this->data->channel->item as $item)
Anyone have any ideas?

Sadly the extensions tab in admin screen, none of the links/options show the proper text. Instead it displays things like "ACP_SFNC_FEEDS" , "ACP_SFNC_FEED_NAME" and "ACP_SFNC_INIT_ON_CRON_DESCRIPTION". That sounds like a language file issue though. It's beyond me at the moment, and the settings seem to work...so it doesn't bother me that much haha.
vsabah

Post by vsabah »

+1
waiting for the extension!
wolfofone

Post by wolfofone »

TheSa|nt wrote:
bitcoin wrote:Ok, slowly I get new posts in my forum. Assuming no entries are missed by the RSS itself (atom/RSS), it looks good EXCEPT...

Did you look into the settings in admin? I can't remember for sure if there was a toggle for links, but mine still posts links just fine. I can't confirm because I haven't been able to see the settings screen in many many months (just turns a blank screen that I have never been able to troubleshoot). I've been patiently waiting for the new SFNC release, but I don't know if he is working on it any longer. Sounds like he has just been way too busy normal life stuff.
Hi there, I hope that you found my original install guide helpful. As far as getting links working, please see this addendum: https://verrytechnical.com/how-to-add-a ... forum-mod/

Best of luck!

I am hoping for SMiX to pick up development of this mod as well, I had not realized he resurfaced a year or so ago -- I would have been willing to donate to development (though it would not have been much :( ).
Spheradelic

Post by Spheradelic »

jr_sci wrote:Got my answer to my previous query.. I need to write:

[sfnc_item_description] -- Under Post Template.
Can anyone help me to understand where I should put this tag as I have the same problem? The post seem to be appearing but there is no content in the forum posts at all. I hope this will solve it. Help is much appreciated.
Derky
Development Team Member
Development Team Member

Re: [ABD] Smixmods Feed News Center v0.4.0

Post by Derky »

This topic has been marked as [ABD] - Abandoned as the MOD author has not been active recently. If the author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the Extensions Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Thank you,
The phpBB Extensions Team

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”