[ABD] Smixmods Feed News Center v0.4.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
youngjediknight

Re: [DEV] Smixmods Feed News Center v0.4.0

Post by youngjediknight »

Really great work. I think for the cron job its "sfnc_update.php". The install.xml I think refers to an rss_update.php.
jam_rs

Post by jam_rs »

Have an issue i cant really work out...

V 0.4.0
PHPBB 3.0.9

Installed OK. (after i had to copy the install script to contrib folder)
Put my feed in, set up, updates when on index and posts perfect.
But since, no posts??? Latest update says its updating, but not getting any more, (there is deff new stuff in the feed)

Any ideas
gamesaga

Post by gamesaga »

I have the same problem as Ridewithme. I can get the mod to post topics on my forum, but there's no content in the topic. No text, no images, no videos, nothing. I've checked my site and feed and both are working correctly. I thought at least text would post, but even that doesn't show up. :( I really like the mod though and hope I can get it to post the content as well.
jam_rs

Post by jam_rs »

gamesaga wrote:I have the same problem as Ridewithme. I can get the mod to post topics on my forum, but there's no content in the topic. No text, no images, no videos, nothing. I've checked my site and feed and both are working correctly. I thought at least text would post, but even that doesn't show up. :( I really like the mod though and hope I can get it to post the content as well.
Have you put any info in the post template?
jam_rs

Post by jam_rs »

jam_rs wrote:Have an issue i cant really work out...

V 0.4.0
PHPBB 3.0.9

Installed OK. (after i had to copy the install script to contrib folder)
Put my feed in, set up, updates when on index and posts perfect.
But since, no posts??? Latest update says its updating, but not getting any more, (there is deff new stuff in the feed)

Any ideas
Just an update on this... Iv'e enabled cron posting, and seems to have done the trick. So my general feed config is enable enable disabled enable. Maybe this will help someone, maybe someone can tell me whats going on haha
RexMundi412

Post by RexMundi412 »

Thanks for the mod Smix!

Can someone please point me to or write up a quick tut on how to set up feed checking though "Cron init" if one does not all ready exist?

Thanks,
~ Rex
TheSa|nt

Post by TheSa|nt »

I updated manually from 0.3.4 and just updated with all the new text and ran the contrib/install.php, disabled the old modules in the.mod tab and added the new.

When accessing it on the .mod tab, I can see the list of the entries I had before...and it appears I can click to add a new one (at least the screen popped up...I haven't tried adding a new one)....however..if I click on one of the existing ones it errors at the top with "[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_sfnc.php on line 244: Undefined variable: default_function" and the main body is empty.

I am assuming something changed between version in terms of a lang entry or maybe something else. What can I manually update so that I can still make use of my previous entries? I sure don't want to delete and re-add every single one as that would take forever.

The culprit line is:
'FEED_NAME' => isset($list[$id]['feed_name']) ? $list[$id]['feed_name'].$default_function : '',

Thx :)

Update: If I replace the line wit the following edit (removing $default_function) it works, is this safe?:
'FEED_NAME' => isset($list[$id]['feed_name']) ? $list[$id]['feed_name'] : '',

Update Update: The last update doesn't matter since new and old aren't posting now. All rss posting has halted due to the upgrade. I turned off cron and turned on index posting push option and one of the rss feeds posted 2 posts. Each one was titled right but the post itself was empty. I am editing all the files to point back to the original 0.3.4 script as this destroyed everything :/

Update #3: Changing code back resulted in db error so renamed DB table back to orig name but then field errors started popping up and I gave up and renamed it back and re-edited the files back to 0.4.0c version. I realized it WON'T display the content in the post because now you have to specify manually content via triggers such as "[sfnc_item_description]". I have deleted and re-added EVERY sincle rss feed into the list. Ok....now I just need to get cron to work properly :/

Note: At the moment, I am having to set it to on load of index in order for it to work. The down side of this is that users claim it slows the load of the index big time. So I'd really like to get the Cron working :)

Extra: For some reason FB RSS feeds will no longer work. Example:

https://www.facebook.com/feeds/page.php ... rmat=rss20 set to RSS and UTF-8 and everything else set to what all the other feeds are set to. Last Update still shows never. Error logs show two entries:

- Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:54 am {LOG ERROR SFNC ERROR NO CONTENT}
https://www.facebook.com/feeds/page.php ... rmat=rss20
- Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:54 am {LOG ERROR SFNC PARSER}
No data downloaded from the feed https://www.facebook.com/feeds/page.php ... rmat=rss20
TheSa|nt

Post by TheSa|nt »

*Bump? :)

I figured it was worth a bump since I've been trouble shooting so much over the last so many days and providing as much detail as possible.
disconnect

Post by disconnect »

Hello,

I'm really hoping I can get a bit of guidance. I've installed this mod, and it seems to be working as intended, unfortunately the lack of documentation has left me unsure how to resolve an issue I am having. It would appear that it's only posting the content within the description tags in the rss feed. I would really like to post the entire content, including images. I've seen this requested a few times throughout this mammoth thread, but unfortunately cant find a clear solution that I can implement.

The feed I'm trying to work with is https://www.guildwars2.com/en/feed/

As previously suggested, I've enabled debug logging, but that really hasn't cleared anything up for me, all it's done is break it in the back end. I see the following with debug on;
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_sfnc.php on line 244: Undefined variable: default_function
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
TheSa|nt

Post by TheSa|nt »

disconnect wrote:Hello,

I'm really hoping I can get a bit of guidance. I've installed this mod, and it seems to be working as intended, unfortunately the lack of documentation has left me unsure how to resolve an issue I am having. It would appear that it's only posting the content within the description tags in the rss feed. I would really like to post the entire content, including images. I've seen this requested a few times throughout this mammoth thread, but unfortunately cant find a clear solution that I can implement.

The feed I'm trying to work with is https://www.guildwars2.com/en/feed/

As previously suggested, I've enabled debug logging, but that really hasn't cleared anything up for me, all it's done is break it in the back end. I see the following with debug on;
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_sfnc.php on line 244: Undefined variable: default_function
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Looking at the RSS feed, it looks like they only provide a summary in the "<description>" tag and the images and main content are included in a content tag and encoded ("<content:encoded>"). So the script would have to be able to display the content tag in a post for it to work. I believe I understand that corrently,.

As for the debug results...idk sadly :(
disconnect

Post by disconnect »

TheSa|nt wrote:Looking at the RSS feed, it looks like they only provide a summary in the "<description>" tag and the images and main content are included in a content tag and encoded ("<content:encoded>"). So the script would have to be able to display the content tag in a post for it to work. I believe I understand that corrently,.

As for the debug results...idk sadly :(
Yea, this is my understanding too, I just don't' know how to get it to include the encoded portion.
allmoney.ws

Post by allmoney.ws »

After installation I not see anything new in admin CP :(

I uploaded new & modified old files, run /contrib/install.php
go to Admin CP and
At page &i=modules&mode=acp
I not see .MODs link...
Please, help!

TheSa|nt

Post by TheSa|nt »

Still no one has had any input on my issue. Thinking I may have to scrap the entire mod and call it a bullet to the foot, and find a new approach to this than this script :/If cron isn't going to do anything anymore. I should have just left it at it's previous version. It was working perfectly.

Update: I just added another FB feed...nothing (well "never"). It's not collecting FB feeds (index refresh mode), and cron job mode still isn't working >_<
nasrollah1980

Post by nasrollah1980 »

Dear Smix thanks for the great work i appreciated very much ...

i have 1 question : what should i put in the poster id box as the value i s now is 0(zero),

thank you for all your support.
TheSa|nt

Post by TheSa|nt »

nasrollah1980 wrote:Dear Smix thanks for the great work i appreciated very much ...

i have 1 question : what should i put in the poster id box as the value i s now is 0(zero),

thank you for all your support.
You put the poster ID of the user that you want to show making the posts from. Say you added a user to your board named "CNN Updates" and that's who you want to show as posting the RSS posts from, then you would find the ID of that poster and enter it there. You can either find it in your SQL tables (overkill)...or

- If the account has already made post(s) to your forum, hover over the name (CNN Updates) and look at the URL it links to. In the URL you will see "u=###" (where ### is the user number). You can also do the same by going to admin (if no posts have been made), to Users And Groups, to Manage Users, click on Find a Member....find the user in that window and hover over the name and look for "u=###" in the address.

So if it says "u=53", then "53" is what you would enter in the poster id box.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”