[ABD] Smixmods Feed News Center v0.4.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Mess
Name: Kim

Re: [DEV] Smixmods Feed News Center v0.4.0

Post by Mess »

Last time I tested I could also only get the first feed to post, and also a few other issues I have long forgotten. At the time I gave up and decided to wait for the next version ( since 2010 :P ).
geezzaa

Post by geezzaa »

:( thats not good

I want to try and get this rss mod working but in the meantime can you reccomend any other Rss feed posters ?
Mess

Post by Mess »

There is only one other: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=1858455
And that pretty different to this. And as the mod says: not for green hand phpbb admins.

If you need a solution now, your best bet is to pay someone to make it for you. And finding someone reliable, with the needed knowledge is probably not gonna be easy either.

This will be the best solution is my guess, and Smix seems determined to finish it this time around.
Subscribe to the topic and you will get notified whenever there is news. :)
geezzaa

Post by geezzaa »

I had a play with this and now its posting like crazy, all i did was disable news ticker. Wooohooo

Unfortunately tho the output looks a bit yuk- i know its probably to do with the available attributes.

What would be the best attributes for my board to give this output http://djworx.com/mixvibes-cross-dvs-bo ... 4XdgXKwLvA

Sorry might be a daft question, but i learn by jumping in with both feet and asking loads of questions
Sajaki

Post by Sajaki »

hi,

posting in one topic seems impossible. the field where to put the topic id is readonly. is this a bug ?

Code: Select all

<input name="poster_topic_destination_id" id="poster_topic_destination_id" type="text" maxlength="10" value="{POSTER_TOPIC_DESTINATION_ID}" disabled="disabled" />
just one other thing, your github repo seems untouched, but you say there is progress to 0.5 ?
Smix

Post by Smix »

Hello everyone,
there is almost nothing new, I was very busy and not much progress on that :( .
Anyway, there was a good bug report (error log) by Matonym on my board, which describes a problem with

Code: Select all

Column 'post_profile' cannot be null [1048]
which leads to posting a null content into posts table and than to "SFNC ERROR NO CONTENT" and "The requested topic does not exist" errors ...
I haven't yet time to check the fix for that, but Matonym fixed that with similar code aditions to :arrow: [urlhttps://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/hide_pro ... iew_unread]this[/url] instructions ;-)

I'll post more details or exactly the way/code to fix it when I'll get more informations ;)

:)

All actual development informations are still there http://phpbb3.smika.net/mod/sfnc-development

@sajaki
Hello,
it's not a bug - posting into one topic is not ready yet, that's why the field is disabled.
Development of 0.5.x version is private at this moment (there is ongoing private development at bitbucket) and it will be published to github as the code will be ready for public ;-) It possibly comes with the release of phpBB 3.1 as the package will be based on that and I'll check the possibilities for 3.0.x later ...
Dragonspower

Post by Dragonspower »

Download link ?
(Delete this post, please).
jr_sci

Post by jr_sci »

Here's My issue:

Whenever I try to post a feed, only the Title/Heading gets posts without the content/description. I have tried it with multiple feeds but the result's the same. What should I do to fix this?

2nd Question: Can I post a single feed with multiple users ?
jr_sci

Post by jr_sci »

Got my answer to my previous query.. I need to write:

[sfnc_item_description] -- Under Post Template.
rondembo

Post by rondembo »

jr_sci wrote:Got my answer to my previous query.. I need to write:

[sfnc_item_description] -- Under Post Template.
I must say to the mod author that this is so frustrating :!: :!: :!:
RexMundi412

Post by RexMundi412 »

Hi Smix, thanks again for your excellent mod!

I was wondering if there's any progress on v0.5.0? I'm putting of updating to phpBB 3.1.0 until you release your update. Yea your mod is that important to me and I'm sure to others. :)

~ Rex
Holger

Post by Holger »

+1
Mess

Post by Mess »

+1
TheSa|nt

Post by TheSa|nt »

+1 :)

I can't even access the settings anymore since the upgrade to the latest phpbb some time ago. Any time you click on either "Feeds list" or "General configuration" is leads to a glitched/blank admin template screen. I have tried everything by poking around the script files to determine what is conflicting with the admin template but was unsuccessful at finding it. I guess I'm just not good enough :(

RexMundi412

Post by RexMundi412 »

I didn't care to much about how much of the content of an article posted until one of my users mentioned she wanted her full posts from her blog( http://justinecase2015.wordpress.com/feed/ ) to be posted. From researching here and the fact that some of my feeds to post full articles, videos, images and all, I'm assuming the shortens post is due to the way WordPress generates their feed? And more evidence to that is how the feed is displayed in Firefox(pretty much what is posting to my board) versus the way it is displayed in IE.

If possible is there an edit I can make to get the full post?

If it's due to encoding from the RSS it self. It would be nice if possible in a future update to be able to pull that content. Even if only from WordPress, as WP is a good site for pulling many various news feeds. Or if it's a basic encoding of RSS that some sites use, so that all could be pulled?

Also as an option, as I've seen FNC used to truncate to 300 characters. Might be nice to have either option. Example:
Have [sfnc_item_description] set to 300 characters with a "Read More" link to the source article at the end.

And maybe a new attribute named something like [sfnc_item_content] set to post the full article.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”