[ABD] Smixmods Feed News Center v0.4.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Galandas
Name: Rey

Re: [DEV] Smixmods Feed News Center v0.4.0

Post by Galandas »

There is the styles folder out of the root folder, I wonder what's the use?
English is not my native language My CDB Contributions My RC extensions
Galandas
Name: Rey

Post by Galandas »

Another problem, I install the portal, if I try to access the forum, ie index.php, it always brings me back in home.php access (portal)
how to solve?

Edit: With debugging enabled you get this error.

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_sfnc.php on line 244: Undefined variable: default_function
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
English is not my native language My CDB Contributions My RC extensions
mobiliai.eu

Post by mobiliai.eu »

Hi I have two questions:

1. How enable posting in topic, not create new topic.
2. Why in topic I see images and urls, but when press edit, I see only text without [url] ant smth.
http://www.mobiliai.eu my fun cars blog lithuanian.
http://www.phpbb.mobiliai.eu my phpbb lithuanian help.
FoulFoot

Post by FoulFoot »

1. See my posts from a page or two back on how to (hopefully) enable posting to a single topic. It's untested.

2. The system posts directly into the phpbb_posts table, so it doesn't use BBCodes and whatnot. You can't edit the posts manually.

Foul
mobiliai.eu

Post by mobiliai.eu »

I need edit post manual, because rss sometimes add bad info in description :)
FoulFoot

Post by FoulFoot »

The only way is to edit the appropriate post_text in the mysql database. Not particularly recommended.

Foul
mobiliai.eu

Post by mobiliai.eu »

I think it will be useful function if we can edit posts easy
baller1234

Post by baller1234 »

Hi,

How to get the full post instead of the description? I saw some edits but they down work for the new version.

Thanks
baller1234

Post by baller1234 »

im also having some troubles with a feed.. It just post 1 topic so there are proberly some errors with it.

How can i echo the errors?
Smix

Post by Smix »

Hello everyone,
ou, that's a huge amount of questions again :oops:

@Nachtschade
I hope you've found the installer and it works corectly. This mod is not prepared for installation with Automod.

@2faroffroad
No, there is no [html] option at this moment and html-to-bbcode conversion is also not working. It wasn't intended to import html into phpBB. And RSS was never intended to have html content, but plaintext. Anyway, in future versions, I'll try to do something with this, but text is the main information, you can get from the feed.

@Sajaki
Please check the user/forum permissions for the posting bot ;-) This works correctly and it depends on permissions ;-)

@FoulFoot & @Mess
Thanks, have you tested the code by FoulFoot and is it working well?

@FoulFoot
Nice idea to check the post message instead of the topic title ;-) I was also thinking about it when I was implementing that check. But checking the message is not a good way, because that can be a problem, when you don't like the way how the message was posted and you'll edit the content manually (for example : missing html table tags makes the message unreadable ...) or (and that's very often) the feed message changed itself (updated message after it was posted). So this part is unusable, we need to find out a better way to check if the feed is updated.

RFC : I'm now testing a way, when the feed is completely cached and when a new check is initiated, the newly downloaded feed is checked against the cached feed.
  • + more possibilities for check
    • what if the content in RSS was updated?
      • You can compare each item in the feed against the previous data
      • doesn't depends on the content of db
      • Example :
        • download fresh feed data
        • check the first item against the first cached item
          idea:

if ($item[0] == $cached_item[0])
          • if the "title" is not the same POST NEW (this fixes the problem with repetitive topic name, which is already in db)
          • else check if the message has changed
            • TRUE, find the previous topic (that can be a problem)
            • post an updated message into it ...
        • else get next feed item (and check it with old cached items from beginning like $cached_item[0] ... older content can be found in cached data)
@Galandas
Styles are an outdated test&preparation for the agregator module/part ;-) I didn't noticed that they are in the repository :oops: :lol: You don't need to edit anything.
About the error, the default function problem is already fixed and you are not using the latest version, please update ;-)
https://github.com/jirismika/SFNC/blob/ ... p_sfnc.php

@mobiliai.eu
I know about this problem, but as I see (and I didn't tested/investigated it much) it looks like the phpBB strips the content when editing. The mod is using the standard way of sanitizing inputs and it also uses posting functions from phpBB, so it's unclear if it's a bug of the mod or phpBB, but I'll investigate it later ;-) Thank you for the report ;-)

@baller1234
The mod is not limiting the length of the post. You have to find out, how is the content stored in the feed and use appropriate template bbcode in the message posting template ;-)
All error messages are stored in phpBB's error log, you'll also find more informations when you enable phpBB's debug or open your error log from the server.
PPOMOBIL

Post by PPOMOBIL »

I apologize for my English. Why mod truncates the name of the theme to 60 characters and manually I can write up to 255 characters. Could it be this is a problem in the MOD. To increase the number of characters up to 255 rules files for this: http://www.ppkbb3cker.ru/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1922 for instructions.
PPOMOBIL

Post by PPOMOBIL »

Found a solution to this problem. Maybe someone will help. Must be in the file functions_content.php find the line:

truncate_string($string, $max_length = 60, $max_store_length = 255,
, and replace it with:

truncate_string($string, $max_length = 100, $max_store_length = 255,
After these changes MOD gives the full name of the feed article in a topic.
If you put a value of 255 error appears when you start sfnc_update.php,understand the problem did not, 100 characters enough.
Ridewithme38

Post by Ridewithme38 »

I'm having a problem that i can't quite figure out....SMIX is only posting the topic name the threads have no actual content in them....

I'm using an RSS feed from Wallflux.com the feed url is http://www.wallflux.com/atom/1397825483764958 and an RSS feed from WTFTattoo so all the information is there...it's just not being posted in the thread

My forums web address is http://www.thenbarterit.com

I've tried BOTH RSS & ATOM and i get the same results
Ridewithme38

Post by Ridewithme38 »

Any ideas?
abels023

Post by abels023 »

I installed everything correctly and according to the ACP_Mods page it should be functioning, however under the .mod tab I am not seeing any kind of settings to edit - therefore I cannot edit the newsfeed etc...any idea why this wouldn't show up in the .mod tab for me?

Thanks

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”