[ABD] Smixmods Feed News Center v0.4.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Smix

Re: [DEV] Smixmods Feed News Center v0.4.0

Post by Smix » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:49 pm

@Mess: It's not connected to SFNC ... Or I hope so :-D

@camaro92
  • There are no keywords to check before posting. It simply gets and checks everything.
    I'm aware of this and in next versions, ACP will be reworked (to show a preview of message) and also a new mode for posting will be introduced - ACP posting, which will be a bit manual - feed gets actual content and you'll check which messages to post
  • Template is simple - I've added everything from available attributes to posting template.
  • You can set up a cron task for /sfnc_update.php and remember to enable cron inits in ACP, in other way it's automatically inited when your board is opened.
  • No, there is no other way at this moment to see, what it posts now.
  • I thought that you see only feed settings (and no SFNC configuration) in your ACP, so you had to add a category to mods and than add those SFNC's ACP modules into this category.
  • There are no categories for feeds.
  • Topic ID is a placeholder for future feature - posting into specified topic.
:ugeek:

camaro92

Post by camaro92 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:32 am

Smix wrote:@Mess: It's not connected to SFNC ... Or I hope so :-D

@camaro92
  • There are no keywords to check before posting. It simply gets and checks everything.
    I'm aware of this and in next versions, ACP will be reworked (to show a preview of message) and also a new mode for posting will be introduced - ACP posting, which will be a bit manual - feed gets actual content and you'll check which messages to post
You mean there is a way to not post a particular article unless I authorize it? Like for example I select a feed on Chevrolet cars.. But only want Camaro's.. Obviously I would assume it would update with ALL CHEVROLET tagged posts but do you mean that I can have it be hidden first and then I can either delete the non-topic (camaro) ones, and make the Camaro articles visable?
[*]I thought that you see only feed settings (and no SFNC configuration) in your ACP, so you had to add a category to mods and than add those SFNC's ACP modules into this category.
[*]There are no categories for feeds.
I am SO confused now. I don't see anything in the set up about having to add catagory to mods, or adding sfnc to acp modules? I don't understand? Did I install it all wrong? I thought it did it from in the install file? Thanks.

Mess
Name: Kim

Post by Mess » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:01 am

camaro92 you skipped about making a category first, then adding the modules.
  1. Click "Create new module".
  2. Module language name: (You decide)
  3. Module type: "Category"
  4. Module enabled: "Yes"
  5. Click "Submit".
  6. Click your created category.
  7. Select "Feeds List" from the dropdown on the right, click add module.
  8. Select "General configuration" from the dropdown on the right, click add module.
  9. Enable both modules.
  10. Done

camaro92

Post by camaro92 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:57 pm

Mess wrote:camaro92 you skipped about making a category first, then adding the modules.
  5. Click "Submit".
  8. Select "General configuration" from the dropdown on the right, click add module.
  9. Enable both modules.
  10. Done
WHOA! Wait a second.. huh? what?... How on earth was I supposed to know this?? There is nothing in the instructions (install_mod.xml) that indicate this at all. There are no other details of install other than the install.php which all it did was create the actual database tables..

I am in Phpbb3 ACP and don't see ANYWHERE where it says about adding a Mod??

We ARE talking about phpbb3 ACP are we not? Because there is no ACP for the Feeds program other than the Config of each feed. There is no general settings.. I downloaded this archive straight from the link in here so is the archive missing a bunch of files?? I don't understand and now I am just frustrated beyond belief right now because now these above don't even make sense.. :-( :-(

camaro92

Post by camaro92 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:05 pm

I've been trying to install this "EASY, -5Mins" program for 3 days :-( ??

camaro92

Post by camaro92 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:15 pm

There is a readme.md file in the archive but I have a PC and there is nothing that reads a .MD file. Never heard of a .MD extension is all my years. ?

Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:35 pm

camaro92 wrote:
Mess wrote:camaro92 you skipped about making a category first, then adding the modules.
  5. Click "Submit".
  9. Enable both modules.
  10. Done
WHOA! Wait a second.. huh? what?... How on earth was I supposed to know this?? There is nothing in the instructions (install_mod.xml) that indicate this at all. There are no other details of install other than the install.php which all it did was create the actual database tables..

I am in Phpbb3 ACP and don't see ANYWHERE where it says about adding a Mod??

We ARE talking about phpbb3 ACP are we not? Because there is no ACP for the Feeds program other than the Config of each feed. There is no general settings.. I downloaded this archive straight from the link in here so is the archive missing a bunch of files?? I don't understand and now I am just frustrated beyond belief right now because now these above don't even make sense.. :-( :-(
There are DIY instructions at the bottom of the install instructions file (install_mod.xml)
After editing all templates, copy file contrib/install.php to contrib/install.php.
After running the install.php script you can delete the contrib directory.
Navigate to:
Administration Control Panel > System > Module Management :: Administration Control Panel > .MODs and create a Category for modules.
Select “Feeds list” (SmiX.MODs Feed News Center) from the Module drop-down menu and click “Go”.
Then click “Enable” on the Module.
Do it again and select “General configuration” from the Module drop-down menu and click “Go”.
Then click “Enable” on the Module.
Browse to ACP > .MODs > Created category and set up everything as you want ...

Required ACP permissions are Board administration ...
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

camaro92

Post by camaro92 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:48 pm

I did that already tho. I showed that in the capture cap1.jpg I think

Smix

Post by Smix » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:58 pm

Hello,
thanks @Mess and @Jessica for your help ;-)

@camaro92
No you didn't ... You've added it into .MODs, but you are supposed to add those two modules to category, which you have to create at first (in .MODs) ;-)

readme.md is a github used format for readme files - it's a plaintext

camaro92

Post by camaro92 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:55 am

Omg.. This is getting worse..

On MY Phpbb3 there is nothing to do with creating a category..

STEP BY STEP! I just deleted the two modules in .MODs to start over.

After editing all templates, copy file contrib/install.php to contrib/install.php.
DONE
After running the install.php script you can delete the contrib directory.
DONE
Navigate to:
Administration Control Panel > System > Module Management :: Administration Control Panel > .MODs and
create a Category for modules.
THERE IS NO CATEGORY ?????

There is nothing there except for "Create new Module"

This is outrageous how 5 min program is taking THIS long.. Can I just give someone access and they install it for me if it's just 5 minutes to install because I am just about to scrap the entire program. I've honestly spent DAYS to do what is claiming to be a 5 minute job.. The instructions you are all giving me is NOT EVEN ON MY SCREEN so I don't understand what is going on here...

Look for yourselves: www.camarosource.ca/temp/cap7.jpg
Do you see ANYTHING about adding a category?? The button doesn't even say that..
Required ACP permissions are Board administration ...
Huh?

Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:24 am

Click "Create New Module" and there you can create a category (Module type is "Category")
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:20 am

camaro92 wrote:Omg.. This is getting worse..
Maybe not a good idea to install a MOD on live board that is in DEV status yet. If it's giving you that much trouble, try waiting till it's in RC or Beta..

Smix

Post by Smix » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:53 am

Hello everyone,

@Jessica : Thank you again :-)

@Mess : The problem with updating from previous version should be now fixed (repacked as 0.4.0c), thanks for reporting a problem :-)

Mess
Name: Kim

Post by Mess » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:16 am

Mess wrote:
  5. Click "Submit".
You didn't read what I wrote.
Peter77sx wrote:
camaro92 wrote:Omg.. This is getting worse..
Maybe not a good idea to install a MOD on live board that is in DEV status yet. If it's giving you that much trouble, try waiting till it's in RC or Beta..
This

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”