[ABD] Smixmods Feed News Center v0.4.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
ronjan

Re: [DEV] Smixmods Feed News Center v0.4.0

Post by ronjan » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:58 am

There is a problem with the parsing of the links sometimes.

For some reason a news website sometimes uses the ' in the title/link, like 'blablabla'
This cuts of the linked/underlined link towards the story at the ' and then the rest is just text.

I know this is not really a Smix Mod problem, but is there a way around it.

Example link:
http://www.thephuketnews.com/bangkok-tsunami’-almost-pulls-passengers-down-into-the-canal-38428.php

The underlined part is clickable in the posts feed, but of course wrong link.

Horizons

Post by Horizons » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:17 am

With debug mode on config.php I am getting these errors:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_sfnc.php on line 244: Undefined variable: default_function
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
When I click on the name of the feed under Feeds list module.

Also, it appears to pick up the RSS feed but only posts the topic. There is nothing in the body, it is all empty.

ronjan

Post by ronjan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Sorry about your first post ever to phpBB.

Try and be more clear and direct.

This MOD works 100%, just above you they f..k up the links and put ' in a link :?

Mess
Name: Kim

Post by Mess » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:14 pm

Horizons wrote:Also, it appears to pick up the RSS feed but only posts the topic. There is nothing in the body, it is all empty.
You need to add the template items.

Horizons

Post by Horizons » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:40 pm

When I comment out the debug line in config.php, I am able to edit the RSS feed fine without those header errors posted earlier.

How do I know what the template items are? The feed I am trying to use is http://community.istaria.com/rss.php

Thanks!

Horizons

Post by Horizons » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:24 pm

Ah ok, well I've restored my board and reinstalled AutoMOD and this all over again. I see the note in the first post about disabling posting when creating a new RSS feed to populate the template.

I normally use the debug to view the query times and such, are those header errors normal then? I understand this not a final release, but am I to assume they are not unique for me?
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_sfnc.php on line 244: Undefined variable: default_function
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

Smix

Post by Smix » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:25 pm

Hello Horizons,
thanks for a bug report ;-) Got no idea what for it was used :oops: :-D Possibly some debug very very long time ago ... I've removed it, please try the fixed package :arrow: https://github.com/jirismika/SFNC/archive/master.zip

Thank you ;-)

note: this fixed the warning, not the posting problem

Horizons

Post by Horizons » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:06 am

Thank you for your reply,

I will go ahead and update this. Hopefully it is simple.

Is there any way to order the posts? For example, on the feed I use http://community.istaria.com/rss.php it does not reflect the same way on my forum. The posts are random and do not follow chronologically.

Thanks again!

X85301

Post by X85301 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:55 pm

Hello, i get the following error:

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Column 'enable_games' cannot be null [1048]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_posts (forum_id, poster_id, icon_id, poster_ip, post_time, post_approved, enable_bbcode, enable_smilies, enable_magic_url, enable_sig, enable_games, post_username, post_subject, post_text, post_checksum, post_attachment, bbcode_bitfield, bbcode_uid, post_postcount, post_edit_locked, topic_id) VALUES ('5', 2, 0, '93.82.18.110', 1366220910, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, NULL, '', 'Bayern erfreut über Genesung von Vilanova und Abidal', 'de', '5f02f0889301fd7be1ac972c11bf3e7d', 0, '', '', 1, 0, 30)

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 757
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 182
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_posting.php
LINE: 2006
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/mods/sfnc/sfnc.class.php
LINE: 756
CALL: submit_post()

LINE: 620
CALL: sfnc->init_posting()

LINE: 805
CALL: sfnc->setup_posting()

FILE: [ROOT]/index.php
LINE: 30
CALL: sfnc->index_init()
not depending on the configuration i use. index.php or cron, always the same. I am using Games owned MOD, maybe it has to do with it.

Can you help me? sorry for my bad english.

X85301

Post by X85301 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:59 am

Hello,

fixed my problem now, but the threads wich are created, are empty.

What do i have to write in the post template?

i hope you can help me, sorry for my bad english.

EDIT: And is there a way to have the posts not in a new thread but in an existing topic?

Mess
Name: Kim

Post by Mess » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:10 pm

X85301 wrote:Hello,

fixed my problem now, but the threads wich are created, are empty.

What do i have to write in the post template?

i hope you can help me, sorry for my bad english.
You need to add the template items. You should be able to see them if you open the feed settings again.
X85301 wrote:EDIT: And is there a way to have the posts not in a new thread but in an existing topic?
Not possible currently. I'm hoping for the feature to be implemented soon as well. ;)

X85301

Post by X85301 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:05 pm

Hello,

thanks for your answer.

Yes, i could fix with the post template, but i don't find something to add the full content of the feed instead of just the description and so on.
Not possible currently. I'm hoping for the feature to be implemented soon as well.
And, eventually when i edit some files of the mod, could this be possible?

Sorry for my bad english ;)

Smix

Post by Smix » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:27 am

Hello,
@X85301:
no, it's not possible at this moment. A new way to post the content has to be developed at first.

@Horizons:
It's odd, it should be posted in order in which are in the feed. The only way to disorder, is a double init at the same time and I don't belive it's possible ...

Tomala

Post by Tomala » Sat May 18, 2013 8:38 am

Hello.

I installed this mod on my testboard (which runs the latest phpBB) via automod and now I'm getting this error when trying to complete the installation. It tells me it can't find the zdp_sfnc_feeds table in my database. I tried creating one via phpMyadmin but wasn't sure what to put for parameters. So now I get this error:

Code: Select all

Unknown column 'id' in 'field list' [1054]

SQL

SELECT id FROM zdp_sfnc_feeds WHERE next_update < 1368865832 AND (enabled_posting = 1) OR (enabled_displaying = 1) LIMIT 0,1

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 757
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 175
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

LINE: 795
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/index.php
LINE: 31
CALL: sfnc->index_init()
So what do I need to do/add? I've been wanting to install this on my board for quite awhile now and any help would be appreciated. :)

Sajaki
Name: Andreas

Post by Sajaki » Wed May 22, 2013 4:21 pm

hi Smix,
i propose to add an Umil installer to your mod. pull request is here https://github.com/jirismika/SFNC/pull/8 ;)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”