ou, that's a huge amount of questions again
I hope you've found the installer and it works corectly. This mod is not prepared for installation with Automod.
No, there is no [html] option at this moment and html-to-bbcode conversion is also not working. It wasn't intended to import html into phpBB. And RSS was never intended to have html content, but plaintext. Anyway, in future versions, I'll try to do something with this, but text is the main information, you can get from the feed.
Please check the user/forum permissions for the posting bot
This works correctly and it depends on permissions
@FoulFoot & @Mess
Thanks, have you tested the code by FoulFoot and is it working well?
Nice idea to check the post message instead of the topic title
I was also thinking about it when I was implementing that check. But checking the message is not a good way, because that can be a problem, when you don't like the way how the message was posted and you'll edit the content manually (for example : missing html table tags makes the message unreadable ...) or (and that's very often) the feed message changed itself (updated message after it was posted). So this part is unusable, we need to find out a better way to check if the feed is updated.
: I'm now testing a way, when the feed is completely cached and when a new check is initiated, the newly downloaded feed is checked against the cached feed.
- + more possibilities for check
- what if the content in RSS was updated?
- You can compare each item in the feed against the previous data
- doesn't depends on the content of db
- Example :
- download fresh feed data
- check the first item against the first cached item
- if the "title" is not the same POST NEW (this fixes the problem with repetitive topic name, which is already in db)
- else check if the message has changed
- TRUE, find the previous topic (that can be a problem)
- post an updated message into it ...
- else get next feed item (and check it with old cached items from beginning like $cached_item ... older content can be found in cached data)
Styles are an outdated test&preparation for the agregator module/part
I didn't noticed that they are in the repository
You don't need to edit anything.
About the error, the default function problem is already fixed and you are not using the latest version, please update
https://github.com/jirismika/SFNC/blob/ ... p_sfnc.php
I know about this problem, but as I see (and I didn't tested/investigated it much) it looks like the phpBB strips the content when editing. The mod is using the standard way of sanitizing inputs and it also uses posting functions from phpBB, so it's unclear if it's a bug of the mod or phpBB, but I'll investigate it later
Thank you for the report
The mod is not limiting the length of the post. You have to find out, how is the content stored in the feed and use appropriate template bbcode in the message posting template
All error messages are stored in phpBB's error log, you'll also find more informations when you enable phpBB's debug or open your error log from the server.