[ABD] Scheduled Posts

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Tom
Former Team Member
Name: Tom Catullo

[ABD] Scheduled Posts

Post by Tom »

Modification Name: Scheduled Posts
The MOD was originally named "Future Posts MOD", but it has been renamed.
Author: Tom

Modification Description: Allows users with the proper permissions to compose a new topic and specify a date/time in the future that the topic will be posted (i.e. made publicly viewable) right from the posting page. The topic will not be viewable to the public until that scheduled time. Moderators and Administrators with the proper permissions can view topics that are set to be posted in the future in their respective forums. All permissions for using the future post feature and for viewing future topics can be set in the ACP for each individual forum/category on your board.
Modification Version: 0.0.2

Modification Download:

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

NOTICE: This is a Beta, and it should only be used in a testing environment.

Demo URL: Click here to visit the demo board (temporarily unavailable)
Demo Usernames: Moderator: tester1 Regular user: tester2
Demo Passwords: Both test users login with this password: test123

Requirements: Same as those for phpBB 3.0.7-PL1

Features:
  • Users with proper permissions can specify a specific date/time in the future for a topic to be posted publicly.
  • Administrators and Moderators with proper permissions can view topics that are set to be posted in the future in their respective forums.
  • Permissions are set in the ACP as forum-based permissions for each individual forum and/or category (f_ and m_ local permissions).
Screenshots: Click Here and look at the "Project Photos" section

Official Info Page: http://www.tcatullo.com/projects/17

Additional Information (Updated - July 21, 2010)
I plan on submitting this to the Customisations Database as version 1.0.0 in about a week or so, so please download this Beta, test it, and report any bugs or issues you may find. There may be an issue where a forum with a future post in it remains marked as read even though every other current post has been viewed. In this case, just click "Mark topics read" for that forum and the issue will be fixed. If you find any bugs with this MOD, please report them in this topic. Thank you.

Lastpost

Re: [DEV] Future Posts MOD

Post by Lastpost »

Sounds nice, I have to say. 8-)
I could use that function for my frontpage (news) for sure and I could also be handy on my forum as well.

updown

Post by updown »

Tom wrote: I would like to hear who from the community would be seriously interested in this MOD
Absolutely - such a feature would be very handy for announcements, special-projects, etc. :!:

Lisbon

Post by Lisbon »

Tom
Former Team Member

Post by Tom »

Lisbon wrote:this mod do this: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1321685 ?????
Yes, administrators will be able to post a topic and specify a number of days in the future when that topic will be publicly viewable. However, currently I do not plan to allow a specific time and date to be specified when posting a new topic; users will instead specify the number of days in the future that the topic will be made public. In my opinion, that's just as good and less cumbersome.
Tom Catullo - Former Moderator Team Member
phpBB3 Smiley Pak Generator | Legend Repositioning MOD | My GitHub | My Site

Lisbon

Post by Lisbon »

Tom wrote:
Lisbon wrote:this mod do this: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1321685 ?????
Yes, administrators will be able to post a topic and specify a number of days in the future when that topic will be publicly viewable. However, currently I do not plan to allow a specific time and date to be specified when posting a new topic; users will instead specify the number of days in the future that the topic will be made public. In my opinion, that's just as good and less cumbersome.
OMG!!!!

I waiting for this mod a lot of time. Please develop this mod, please, please

imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Name: David King

Post by imkingdavid »

Sounds like a good idea. I guess you're limiting it only to Days, then, and not letting it be broken up into hours or even minutes? Not necessarily being able to put in a specific date, but being able to have it post in, say, 20 minutes or 3 hours.
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.

Tom
Former Team Member

Post by Tom »

imkingdavid wrote:Sounds like a good idea. I guess you're limiting it only to Days, then, and not letting it be broken up into hours or even minutes? Not necessarily being able to put in a specific date, but being able to have it post in, say, 20 minutes or 3 hours.
I've taken this idea into consideration. I'll try to implement this as well. Thanks.

By the way, screenshots have now been posted. View the first post in this topic for the link.

Lisbon

Post by Lisbon »

The topic will by post at mide-night. righit?

imkingdavid
Former Team Member

Post by imkingdavid »

Tom wrote:
imkingdavid wrote:Sounds like a good idea. I guess you're limiting it only to Days, then, and not letting it be broken up into hours or even minutes? Not necessarily being able to put in a specific date, but being able to have it post in, say, 20 minutes or 3 hours.
I've taken this idea into consideration. I'll try to implement this as well. Thanks.

By the way, screenshots have now been posted. View the first post in this topic for the link.
Looks great I'll probably install it once a stable release is out. :)

stokerpiller

Post by stokerpiller »

What will the post time be?
I am thinking about where the post will be placed in the forum. At the top as the newest post in the forum or at the place according to the time where you "Future posted" it?
I am done with phpBB

imkingdavid
Former Team Member

Post by imkingdavid »

stokerpiller wrote:What will the post time be?
I am thinking about where the post will be placed in the forum. At the top as the newest post in the forum or at the place according to the time where you "Future posted" it?
It will be posted at the time when you "future posted it" but at that time it will be the newest post in the forum, if that makes sense.

So if it is Monday and you set it to post on Wednesday, it will post on Wednesday and be above the posts from Tuesday and Monday. At least I assume so

EDIT: In other words, it is as if you posted the post on Wednesday but you didn't. :)

Tom
Former Team Member

Post by Tom »

Lisbon wrote:The topic will by post at mide-night. righit?
If you set the future post time in Days, then yes. You can also set the time in Hours or Minutes, which would allow you to have more control over when exactly it will be posted.
imkingdavid wrote:It will be posted at the time when you "future posted it" but at that time it will be the newest post in the forum, if that makes sense.

So if it is Monday and you set it to post on Wednesday, it will post on Wednesday and be above the posts from Tuesday and Monday. At least I assume so

EDIT: In other words, it is as if you posted the post on Wednesday but you didn't. :)
Exactly. The way it will work is that the number of Days/Hours/Minutes that you specified for the topic to be posted in the future will be added onto the actual time that the topic is posted, thus resulting in the post_time value being set in the future. So, yes, the topic will end up being at the top of the forum list when the post_date has been reached.

Lisbon

Post by Lisbon »

I hope this mod have a code for Subsilver2

Tom
Former Team Member

Post by Tom »

Lisbon wrote:I hope this mod have a code for Subsilver2
Yes, it will. It will contain edits for prosilver and subsilver2 styles.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”