[ABD] Scheduled Posts

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
EmmaBlack

Post by EmmaBlack »

---
Last edited by EmmaBlack on Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

odenmc

Re: [DEV] Future Posts MOD

Post by odenmc »

It's fantastic ^^

Tom
Former Team Member
Name: Tom Catullo

Post by Tom »

Just to let you all know, the MOD is ready for its first Beta release. However, AutoMOD isn't being very friendly with the install file, and it is very difficult to find out what is wrong with it. So, although the MOD is complete, its release will be delayed until I can actually get the install file to work in AutoMOD.

Thanks for your patience, everyone. ;)
Tom Catullo - Former Moderator Team Member
phpBB3 Smiley Pak Generator | Legend Repositioning MOD | My GitHub | My Site

odenmc

Post by odenmc »

It's great that it is shortly to finish the BETA:)

Luck, and thanks for all your hard work.

Tom
Former Team Member

Re: [BETA] Future Posts MOD

Post by Tom »

I am proud to announce that the Future Posts MOD is now in Beta. View the first post of this topic for more information. Please understand that this is Beta software and should not be used in a live environment; if you choose to do so, you are doing so at your own risk.

Please test this MOD as much as possible, and please report any bugs or issues you may find and post them in this topic. I thank you for your help in getting this MOD to its first stable release soon. :)

Enjoy!

Tom
Former Team Member

Re: [BETA] Scheduled Posts

Post by Tom »

Version 0.0.2 has now been released, shortly after the first 0.0.1 release. The only change was that I decided to change the name of the mod from "Future Posts" to "Scheduled Posts", as it sounds a bit more relevant to the actual function of the MOD.

The only changes from version 0.0.1 to 0.0.2 were a few language file changes, and an update file is included in the contrib/ directory of the download package that shows the required edits (only a few). Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

ccessex

Post by ccessex »

Thanks Tom..I am going to install this tonight..will report anything I find ;)

king577

Post by king577 »

Thank you for this mod!
In the demo board I found a bug: if you replay to a topic that is scheduled to be posted at a future time I get an message:"The requested topic does not exist.".

Thank you again for this mod :)
Sorry for the mistakes I do from time to time in English. This is not my native language. I am trying to improve my English, so please notify me about any mistakes I make. Thanks! :)

ccessex

Post by ccessex »

Do you mean you replied before it was scheduled to be posted?

Or do you mean you created the scheduled post, then, after it had been posted, you got this message?

If you were replying to the scheduled post before it was posted then that would be the reason, remember that only you can see the post until it has been posted....so replying to it would create this message.

king577

Post by king577 »

I mean I replied before it was scheduled to be posted.
Sorry for the mistakes I do from time to time in English. This is not my native language. I am trying to improve my English, so please notify me about any mistakes I make. Thanks! :)

Tom
Former Team Member

Post by Tom »

king577 wrote:I mean I replied before it was scheduled to be posted.
Yes, you were supposed to see that message. :)

I disallowed replying to future topics before they reach their scheduled post date/time because the post times of the replies to a future topic would be out of order, and it would just end up complicating things. You can reply to the topic once it reaches its future post time, but until then the topic is considered "non-existent" even though moderators can still see it.

By the way, this MOD allows you to schedule topics for posting in the future, but not regular reply posts. That is something I plan on adding as a new feature to this MOD in the later future. ;)

odenmc

Post by odenmc »

I return from my vacation and I find this! is great!

Thanks! I'll try!

ccessex

Post by ccessex »

Hi Tom, I am working on trying to get this installed using Automod, but gettin a few errors on the "inline find" sections, this is because I do have several other mods installed and not for any other reason.

I will try edit those ones to include my mods, then break it down to individual mods, and offer them here as alternatives for those with specific mods already installed...if thats ok?

Cliff

Tom
Former Team Member

Post by Tom »

Yes, that's fine. I apologize that you are experiencing those issues with the installation. I suppose having enough MODs installed on a given board can cause installation problems.

ccessex

Post by ccessex »

Thanks Tom.

No idea how long it's going to be as we are now coming into my busiest period in the year.

I will try get them done asap. I am not a modder so can only work with the mods I have got installed.

Cliff

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”