[ABD] Scheduled Posts

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
ccessex

Re: [DEV] Future Posts MOD

Post by ccessex »

Thanks Tom, I haven't heard a thing from the developer, I will wait until Monday to hear anything.

If I have not heard anything by Monday I will finish my dealings with the developer and donate the scripts to you so it can be developed further, all I want is to see this mod working on my forum and to allow others to have it as well...Free!

I will happily sign everything over to you if so required.

Cliff
MichaelC
Consultant
Consultant
Name: Michael Cullum

Post by MichaelC »

Very nice. Will keep an eye on this mod.
:)
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss.
Formerly Website Team Lead/Manager & Development Team.
Please don't PM me for support (or stuff that belongs in the forums or tracker) but otherwise feel free
Nurek

Post by Nurek »

Any news ?
odenmc

Post by odenmc »

It seems that this project was abandoned it was a fabulous idea.

Expected to continue its development because it is really useful.

A suggestion to add the MOD, is this: just as you can post in the future in a day I would like also could be done but at a certain time, that is, that if now is 12:00, I could select that the message was sent at 18:00.

I ask not to abandon the project because it was a really great idea

Greetings!
ccessex

Post by ccessex »

I have submitted the files I had previously paid for to Tom, but not heard anything yet.

I would imagine that the specific times should not be much of a problem if styrotime was used in the code, I have this in another mod I had coded for myself to auto add and stop auctions on my forum, it works like a dream.

I just hope Tom can get past the issues and develop this mod to it's true potential, I am still in need of this.
odenmc

Post by odenmc »

I really think that the idea of this mod is fantastic, I have seen many people asking for a mod that would make this function and the manner in which Tom has raised is fantastic.

I would great, especially the possibility of posting at a certain time.

I am willing to make a small donation if somehow contributes to help create this great MOD.

Greetings.
Tom
Former Team Member
Name: Tom Catullo

Post by Tom »

I have decided to recommence development of this MOD, for the time being. I will be going through and seeing where I get with it, and I'll keep you updated on the development progress in this topic.
Tom Catullo - Former Moderator Team Member
phpBB3 Smiley Pak Generator | Legend Repositioning MOD | My GitHub | My Site
odenmc

Post by odenmc »

I will spend every day in this thread to see how it progresses, if you need any thing that I can help I will.

I really think that is a fantastic decision to resume the project, I think many people will thank you, and I think is a fantastic idea for a mod (I really think that is something that should be included in future versions phpbb).

My spirits and thank you for continuing! and please keep us informed!

By the way Tom, do you think you can add the feature I mentioned earlier so that the message can be sent at a certain time? or really not possible?

Pd: Sorry for my low level of English. : P
ccessex

Post by ccessex »

Thats great news Tom, if there is anything I can do to help please let me know.

Cliff
Tom
Former Team Member

Post by Tom »

With help from the code ccessex forwarded to me, I actually was able to accomplish quite a bit tonight alone. The main issue is ensuring that every area where topics are displayed has the proper parameters in place so that only users who have permission to view future posts before their post time is reached can view them. There are a lot of specifics to cover, but I intend to make it clean and as feature-filled as possible, with as many options as should be necessary.

At this time, the date or time in the future is specified in any format you'd like on the posting page (different from that one screenshot I posted). You can type anything from "May 16, 2010 10:00pm" to even just "10:00pm" and it will specify the proper time in the future. Currently, I have plans to disable the ability of anyone to reply to a topic that has been posted in the future. The reason for this is because the timestamps of replies get misconstrued and sorting becomes an issue. Still working out some of the issues with future posts that require approval, as well as with updating the "Last Post" information for forums only after the future post date has been reached for a specific post.

All this and more are to be finished by Beta 1. I would expect the first beta to be released sometime this summer, probably anywhere from late June to early July, but please don't hold me too strictly to that estimate. Once the beta has been fully tested and bugs have been fixed, if everyone likes what they see, then I'll ship it off to the MOD DB for validation by my fellow men in purple. ;)

Any other feature requests are quite welcome! Just post them here.
ccessex

Post by ccessex »

Thats excellent news Tom, well done :D

If I can help with anything let me know, I am willing to help financially as well if need be ;)

Cheers
Cliff
Nurek

Post by Nurek »

Is there any chance that only MOD's will have access to the future-post-ability ?
If everybody would have this option there will be a big mess on board ;)
Tom
Former Team Member

Post by Tom »

There will be two permissions added to phpBB with this MOD, both forum-based permissions. One is a permission that specifies whether a user/group can make future posts, and the other permission is a forum-based moderator permission that specifies whether a user/group can view all future posts in a forum before they are posted. And, of course, any user that has the permission set to make future posts in a certain forum can view their future posts in that forum before they go live (the topic will have a different color background in the topic list).

So, to answer your question shortly, yes - you will be able to specify on a per-forum basis whether a user/group can use the future post feature.
odenmc

Post by odenmc »

I have a great desire to be able to use as soon as the MOD, for me it is fundamental to my forum, I am anxious to try it!
odenmc

Post by odenmc »

There is news of this great mod?

I have wanted to try it: P

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”