[ABD] Scheduled Posts

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Tom
Former Team Member
Name: Tom Catullo

Re: [DEV] Future Posts MOD

Post by Tom »

Well, like I said, it probably won't be ready until July at the latest. I've been quite busy lately, and will continue to be busy for a couple of more weeks. Once that time passes, I'll be able to work on the development of this MOD along with my other tasks within the Team. ;)
Tom Catullo - Former Moderator Team Member
phpBB3 Smiley Pak Generator | Legend Repositioning MOD | My GitHub | My Site
odenmc

Post by odenmc »

Tom wrote:Well, like I said, it probably won't be ready until July at the latest. I've been quite busy lately, and will continue to be busy for a couple of more weeks. Once that time passes, I'll be able to work on the development of this MOD along with my other tasks within the Team. ;)
Ok! Then luck with your work!
Tom
Former Team Member

Post by Tom »

I have an update that some of you may be unhappy to hear.

I've realized that my studies are going to require extra work this summer, and the amount of extra work is going to take up a lot of my time. Therefore, I don't expect to even get to this MOD more than a few hours a week at the most until I get most of my work out of the way. Therefore, the original predicted release time frame of early July isn't likely to come true. It will be released at some point in the near future, but I doubt it will be this July. ;)
wadie
Name: Wadie

Post by wadie »

Nice idea,,might use it in the future..
Tom wrote:I have an update that some of you may be unhappy to hear.

I've realized that my studies are going to require extra work this summer, and the amount of extra work is going to take up a lot of my time. Therefore, I don't expect to even get to this MOD more than a few hours a week at the most until I get most of my work out of the way. Therefore, the original predicted release time frame of early July isn't likely to come true. It will be released at some point in the near future, but I doubt it will be this July. ;)
Take you time.
Good Luck. ;)
Need a custom style made ? want me to install a MOD for you ? Contact me here.
odenmc

Post by odenmc »

Oops... I'm really sorry... I would have liked to try this mod as soon as possible, a pity that more has to wait, hopefully you have free time to devote to early MOD

Greetings, and good luck
odenmc

Post by odenmc »

Sorry if I am too heavy (I need the MOD is :P) but what goes well development?

He wanted to know if you see some progress and possible publication, as we are in July :P but not in a hurry.

Regards.
ccessex

Post by ccessex »

The guys education is first and foremost, please be patient, I am sure it will be well worth the wait ;)
Tom
Former Team Member

Post by Tom »

Sorry for the increased delay. I still have intentions of developing and releasing this MOD, so please continue to hang in there with me. It is going to take a little longer than I had hoped, but I still have intentions of reaching a beta release in the near future. Thanks. ;)
odenmc

Post by odenmc »

Sorry if I sounded inconsiderate, is that I am English and I can hardly write it :P

I am delighted that the MOD is still evolving.
Tom
Former Team Member

Post by Tom »

I did a lot of work on this MOD tonight, and now I'm down to simply fixing some bugs I've listed in a text file. This may take a little while to finish though, because as I go along I may realize that I wish to add more features. It's looking very nice at the moment in my local testing environment, and I am trying my best to make it blend in with the typical phpBB look and feel.

Also, in case anyone was wondering (although it was mentioned before), I will be providing edits for subsilver2 for this MOD along with the default prosilver edits. ;)
ccessex

Post by ccessex »

Thats excellent news Tom, well done. Look forward to seeing the first release ;)
odenmc

Post by odenmc »

THIS IS GREAT!
Tom
Former Team Member

Post by Tom »

Development is going well. Just a few more bugs to fix until I release the first beta of the Future Posts MOD (although these bugs may take a bit of time to fix). ;)

In the mean time, I have uploaded five new screenshots to the MOD's information page at Cortello.com. Click here and scroll down to "Project Photos" to view these screenshots.
EmmaBlack

Post by EmmaBlack »

---
Last edited by EmmaBlack on Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom
Former Team Member

Post by Tom »

EmmaBlack wrote:Maybe you should indicate the format the date/time should be written in, because every user may not have the same habit (different country, for instance).
You can write the date in any format you'd like. This MOD uses the PHP strtotime() function to translate the date inserted by the user into a timestamp. Therefore, you can use any date format that is compatible with the strtotime() function (which includes a wide variety of date formats). You could even enter in "next Tuesday 10:34pm" for the future post date and it would set the post time to next Tuesday at 10:34pm.

Your concern is certainly a valid one, and this is why I chose to use this function to make the MOD very scalable to any date formats around the world.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”