[ABD] UPS Easy Shop 0.7.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
wolfman24

Re: [Beta] UPS Easy Shop 0.6.0

Post by wolfman24 »

superj707 wrote:Thank you. I have put in an official request to the mod team to see if I can over take this mod.
we shall see what they say.
Maybe you should try and ask if you can join the team of this mod since they don't want to abandon it? This may be a good way and you will be given the credits for what you've done.
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

Hello,

Since my team has been implicated here I'd like to make a few things clear. The permission given was not to "take over" the MOD but to fork it (modify it) as allowed by the GPL. It would then have to be under another name, versioning scheme, etc. (just like there's many different Linux distros). Also the credits from the original author(s) are to be kept in place, as required by the GPL. Nothing inherently "wrong" with forking an existing MOD and continuing to work on it, HOWEVER it would be completely unacceptable to do so and claim it was all one's own work.

If the involved parties would like to discuss any of this further please PM me.

@superj707: please don't spam your "fork" of this MOD within this topic once you start working on it. ;)

Thanks.

Reference
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
Jorup16
Name: Jorge

Post by Jorup16 »

superj707 wrote:UPDATE:
I have finished making the categories. I've a version here that lets you custom set categories in the ACP as opposed to just setting them up in the template as posted above.

also I am mostly finished with a comment system that can be used when you gift an item to another user. it will arrive with the default PM message plus your additional comments.

other small features include a "new" image that can be used by new items, a record of original quantity so people can see how many items were sold. EX: quantity available 23 of 25

plus a collection and information add in for the profile in case you would like to encourage people to try and collect all the items.
As I can taste the change in the categories that aggregate looks great, thanks.

sorry for my writing :oops:
Spanish Translations for Ext phpBB :D - Traducciones al español para Ext phpBB :)
>>>>> https://github.com/Jorup16 <<<<<
femu

Post by femu »

DavidIQ wrote:Hello,

Since my team has been implicated here I'd like to make a few things clear. The permission given was not to "take over" the MOD but to fork it (modify it) as allowed by the GPL. It would then have to be under another name, versioning scheme, etc. (just like there's many different Linux distros). Also the credits from the original author(s) are to be kept in place, as required by the GPL. Nothing inherently "wrong" with forking an existing MOD and continuing to work on it, HOWEVER it would be completely unacceptable to do so and claim it was all one's own work.

If the involved parties would like to discuss any of this further please PM me.

@superj707: please don't spam your "fork" of this MOD within this topic once you start working on it. ;)

Thanks.

Reference
Thanks David for clarifiying this one. We are still working on this mod and therefore I agree with you, that any additions or enhancements should be discussed in an own thread, if superj wants to make his own thing.

So if one of the moderators could splitt off the posts concerning a "new" shop mod from this thread to the new created one by superj, would be great.
Regards, femu

Post by Karrade »

I did find a slight query or perhaps bug, I was altering shop items to be allowed to be sold to the shop, and suddenly two of my earliest users (my admin account being one) gained a very large amount of points. Previously some items could be sold but they were quite cheap.

Are previous sale transactions back dated if we raise (or rather enable) the sell price on items.

If not then I have some serious bug hunting to do :), it is the first bug I've seen like this in a good month, almost two of being open. It mostly effected my admin account, where i have sold a lot of items in the past.

There were no moderator or admin logs related to it, so I know the addition of points didn't come from a user.
Sshadow
Name: Chris C.

Post by Sshadow »

Karrade wrote:I did find a slight query or perhaps bug, I was altering shop items to be allowed to be sold to the shop, and suddenly two of my earliest users (my admin account being one) gained a very large amount of points. Previously some items could be sold but they were quite cheap.

Are previous sale transactions back dated if we raise (or rather enable) the sell price on items.

If not then I have some serious bug hunting to do :), it is the first bug I've seen like this in a good month, almost two of being open. It mostly effected my admin account, where i have sold a lot of items in the past.

There were no moderator or admin logs related to it, so I know the addition of points didn't come from a user.
I deleted two test items that cost 10k each that I bought with my admin account. I got the money back when I deleted them. I would say its not a bug per say but maybe the design of the mod? I would like that to be an option tho instead of fixed.
DavidIQ
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

femu wrote:So if one of the moderators could splitt off the posts concerning a "new" shop mod from this thread to the new created one by superj, would be great.
That might not be good as it might insert into the newer topic in date order. Will continue to keep an eye here and delete posts if necessary. ;)
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
femu

Post by femu »

DavidIQ wrote:
femu wrote:So if one of the moderators could splitt off the posts concerning a "new" shop mod from this thread to the new created one by superj, would be great.
That might not be good as it might insert into the newer topic in date order. Will continue to keep an eye here and delete posts if necessary. ;)
Ok. Makes sense!

Thanks ;)
Regards, femu

Post by Mr. Man! »

Here's a neat feature you should add:

Give users the ability to sell items in the shop themselves.
femu

Post by femu »

M1sT3rM4n wrote:Here's a neat feature you should add:

Give users the ability to sell items in the shop themselves.
Not a new idea :D

This is already on the to-do list.
Regards, femu

Post by Mr. Man! »

oh well in that case keep me posted! It gets quite irritating to have to place all the items in the shop myself.

Oh also, it would be cool if you can write a mod within the shop that allows users to create their own companies and hire people to work for them, and pay them wages, similiar to the MyPlaza turbo for mybb. Right now I am testing that and that's a nice feature.
darkonia

Post by darkonia »

the name of this mod is Easy Shop Mod and not Ultra Complex Shop Mod... :lol:
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.
femu

Post by femu »

Just to keep the community updated.

I currently finished the category stuff. But there are still some other things, we like to do, before releasing a new version, as you guys had a lot of ideas and suggestions. Of course not everything will be included, only those parts, where we think it might be useful.

So please keep patient and don't ask or complain ;)

The development is going on!
Regards, femu

Post by superj707 »

femu wrote:Just to keep the community updated.

I currently finished the category stuff. But there are still some other things, we like to do, before releasing a new version, as you guys had a lot of ideas and suggestions. Of course not everything will be included, only those parts, where we think it might be useful.

this is true?? You guys are actually back to developing this mod? Fantastic!!! thank you.
I hope you aren't just blowing smoke up our butts. I nearly have a very nice new version of this mod complete. If you really are telling the truth I will hold off on the release so people can wait for your version.
THANK YOU THANK YOU FEMU

please tell me when you expect to release.

p.s. --> I have user comments, categories, profile items statistics complete and user selling about 80% complete.
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

femu wrote:Just to keep the community updated.

Great, great news :D

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”