[ABD] UPS Easy Shop 0.7.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
femu

Re: [Beta] UPS Easy Shop 0.7.0

Post by femu »

includes/functions.php

We really missed the comma after. So search should be:

Code: Select all

'U_SHOP'				=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}shop.$phpEx"),
and this replaced by:

Code: Select all

'U_SHOP'				=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}shop.$phpEx", "mode=cat"),
Regards, femu

Post by Abera »

This doesn't look right. Too many whatever they are.

What do you think?

Thanks
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

Abera wrote:This doesn't look right. Too many whatever they are.

What do you think?

Thanks
Double-check your file edits :idea:
Sshadow
Name: Chris C.

Post by Sshadow »

Thanks for this update guys :) This is the perfect shop mod now that its easier to organize things.
Abera

Post by Abera »

keith10456 wrote:
Abera wrote:This doesn't look right. Too many whatever they are.

What do you think?

Thanks
Double-check your file edits :idea:
Thanks Keith,
I had Automod install the MOD and I don't think all was installed right. There were a few files that it said that it couldn't find the line when it was there. Going through all of the files right now to see.
Thanks
Sshadow
Name: Chris C.

Post by Sshadow »

Abera wrote:Thanks Keith,
I had Automod install the MOD and I don't think all was installed right. There were a few files that it said that it couldn't find the line when it was there. Going through all of the files right now to see.
Thanks
Yes i often run into that problem with Automod. I like to use Automod so I have an easier uninstall. So what I do is I find the correct "find" and edit the install.xml file until all are corrected. Forcing an install is never a good idea :)
Abera

Post by Abera »

Sounds like a good idea Sshadow. I'll start doing that.
Thanks
superj707

Post by superj707 »

I created a mini mod that allows items to be automatically rated on their rarity in the system. I can share it if anyone is interested.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2h6sllz.jpg

femu if you like it also you can have it for the next version. ;)

PS it gets the rating based on the number of items owned by all users not just 1 user. It just so happens on the test account for my screen shot I only had 1 user buy all the items.
Last edited by superj707 on Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

superj707 wrote:I created a mini mod that allows items to be automatically rated on their rarity in the system. I can share it if anyone is interested.

So the lesser the quantity the higher the rating?
superj707

Post by superj707 »

keith10456 wrote:
superj707 wrote:I created a mini mod that allows items to be automatically rated on their rarity in the system. I can share it if anyone is interested.

So the lesser the quantity the higher the rating?
exactly. meaning it is very rare. not a lot of other people have it. The idea is that if people are collecting these items they know which are more rare and thus have a higher re-sale value on the user seller page.

it's not a popularity rating (tho that would be easy to make from this point) it's a rating to show how common or rare something is. IF you ever plan to discontinue an item it will become very hard to get.
superj707

Post by superj707 »

although now that I think of it maybe stars don't make sense for a rarity thing. maybe I should reverse it and make it an automatic popularity rating. ... and just use the text for how common or uncommon something is.

EDIT: Switched it to circles and made it have less circles if more rare.
Ashley.S.
Name: Ashley .S.

Post by Ashley.S. »

superj707 wrote:although now that I think of it maybe stars don't make sense for a rarity thing. maybe I should reverse it and make it an automatic popularity rating. ... and just use the text for how common or uncommon something is.

if ratings were to be added/contributed via an add-on, It would be far better to have it rated by the amount of times it has been brought e.g. if brought once, it could automatically be rated 33%, and then go up as more people buy the product. That or allow users to rate the product themselves.
Regards,
-Ashley.S. [ PurephpBB Founder ]
femu

Post by femu »

Nice idea. But I suggest to leave it as an addon. So people, who like to have it, can implement it and those who won't just leave it. So make it as an addon. You can also post the addon on my develepment area, if you like.
Regards, femu

Post by superj707 »

Ashley.S. wrote:
superj707 wrote:although now that I think of it maybe stars don't make sense for a rarity thing. maybe I should reverse it and make it an automatic popularity rating. ... and just use the text for how common or uncommon something is.

if ratings were to be added/contributed via an add-on, It would be far better to have it rated by the amount of times it has been brought e.g. if brought once, it could automatically be rated 33%, and then go up as more people buy the product. That or allow users to rate the product themselves.

the rating system would not be relative to other items. Might as well just have a purchase counter that increments an exact number with each purchase.
Also if the rating went up by 33% on the first purchase etc it would max out quickly on a large forum. I sold 500 items in one day at my site....there is no calibration there, think of it. the rating would essentially mean nothing.

Right now I have it relative to the other items and total items purchased. The most rare items get zero circles and the most common ones get 6 circles. It's based on math, averages and the other items. It automatically adjusts as needed.

@femu thank you I will surely add if anyone says they would like the add on. if not I will simply enjoy it myself. I am glad to make my work available to any who would like it. Thank you for offering placement in the development area.
darkonia

Post by darkonia »

PS it gets the rating based on the number of items owned by all users not just 1 user. It just so happens on the test account for my screen shot I only had 1 user buy all the items.
nice addon, can you share the code?
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”