[ABD] Gravity Insights: advanced phpBB forum stats&analytics

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
gravityinsights

[ABD] Gravity Insights: advanced phpBB forum stats&analytics

Post by gravityinsights »

Please visit http://insights.gravity.com for more information.

Modification Name: Gravity Insights for phpBB
Modification Version: 1.0
Modification Description: Gravity Insights is a real-time forum analytics service. Gravity Insights is the only analytics service designed to help forum administrators understand their content and users and make their sites better. With Gravity Insights, you’ll have a detailed understanding of who comes to your site, why they come to your site and how they interact with your content.

Modification Download: http://insights.gravity.com/downloads/i ... _1_2_0.zip

Features Highlights:
Dashboard
  • Hourly trends for the last 24 hours
  • Recent stats & trends (pageviews, visitors, new members, new threads, new replies, searches)
  • Active Threads
  • Active Users
  • Trending Topics
Real-time Dashboard
  • Real-time stream of new threads
  • Real-time stream of new media
How it works:
Once the modifications is installed, Gravity Insights puts a lightweight beacon (similar to Google Analytics) on every phpBB generated webpage in your forum. In addition, Gravity Insights has custom hooks that initiate asynchronous server-to-server calls between your phpBB forum and the Gravity Insights servers. These hooks allow Gravity Insights to track all the things that standard analytics software can’t track (like new threads, new replies, new member registrations, etc.).

Questions / Support: email insights@gravity.com
Last edited by gravityinsights on Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:00 pm, edited 9 times in total.
tumba25
Former Team Member
Name: Jari Kanerva

Re: [RC] Gravity Insights: real-time forum analytics

Post by tumba25 »

You MOD requires registration at your site to be able to download the MOD. That is offending rule 5c for this forum. Please change that ASAP.

What license are you releasing this under?
Need a mod/extension created/installed, other custom-coded solution or a server admin? https://tumba25.net
gravityinsights

tumba25 wrote:You MOD requires registration at your site to be able to download the MOD. That is offending rule 5c for this forum. Please change that ASAP.
Done! My bad.
tumba25
Former Team Member
Name: Jari Kanerva

Post by tumba25 »

That link just leads to your start page, not to any download.
Need a mod/extension created/installed, other custom-coded solution or a server admin? https://tumba25.net
gravityinsights

Let's try this again... minor typo fail. The link should now work. :)
darkonia

Post by darkonia »

very nice idea, thx for your work :ugeek:
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.
sitwi

Post by sitwi »

This looks great - particularly impressed that it's not my server that takes the strain of this! :lol:

One question - how does the "trending" work? It seems to have pulled random words from threads on my site... certainly not popularly used ones.
gravityinsights

sitwi wrote:This looks great - particularly impressed that it's not my server that takes the strain of this! :lol:

One question - how does the "trending" work? It seems to have pulled random words from threads on my site... certainly not popularly used ones.
Thanks!

Great question. The idea with trending topics is to look across all of the conversations happening in your community and surface trends. Today, the algorithm looks an the frequency of occurrence of keywords and keyword phrases. The score is adjusted by eliminating noise (common English words) and by giving greater weight to longer phrases. We working on adjusting the algorithm to also consider the frequency that the thread containing a phrase is viewed or replied to. (Also worth noting, on smaller sites with less activity the trending topics tend to be less meaningful).
Sshadow
Name: Chris C.

Post by Sshadow »

There is an error with your install xml file. It calls for moving insightsconfig.ini to the root but its actually insightsconfig.php that needs to be moved. This causes an error in Auto Mod just so you know.

Btw - Sorry for not mentioning this first. This is an awesome mod/idea. I really hope to get some solid info about my forum and how to improve it from this. I have several mods d-loaded but sort of queued to be installed but I installed this one straight away and it was FAST and EASY :)

I will be offering more comments and reviews as the data grows :)
sitwi

Post by sitwi »

Another question - these stats are tailored to PST times - can that be changed to other time zones, please?

I'm in the UK, so all my data for the day resets at 8am.

Thank you.
darkonia

Post by darkonia »

any news?
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

1) Does this work with phpBB Custom Pages as well?

2) Does the data in Private Messages get transmitted as well (security/privacy concern)?
gravityinsights

Sshadow wrote:There is an error with your install xml file. It calls for moving insightsconfig.ini to the root but its actually insightsconfig.php that needs to be moved. This causes an error in Auto Mod just so you know.

Btw - Sorry for not mentioning this first. This is an awesome mod/idea. I really hope to get some solid info about my forum and how to improve it from this. I have several mods d-loaded but sort of queued to be installed but I installed this one straight away and it was FAST and EASY :)

I will be offering more comments and reviews as the data grows :)
Thanks Sshadow! I'll take a look at the xml now.
gravityinsights

sitwi wrote:Another question - these stats are tailored to PST times - can that be changed to other time zones, please?

I'm in the UK, so all my data for the day resets at 8am.

Thank you.
Supporting multiple time zones is pretty tricky. I totally appreciate that it's inconvenient and I'll get to it eventually, but there are a lot of additional features I want to add first.
gravityinsights

Sshadow wrote:There is an error with your install xml file. It calls for moving insightsconfig.ini to the root but its actually insightsconfig.php that needs to be moved. This causes an error in Auto Mod just so you know.
thanks for the catch! We've made the fix and will be pushing it to production today for the download :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”