[ABD] Gravity Insights: advanced phpBB forum stats&analytics

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
gravityinsights

Re: [RC] Gravity Insights: advanced phpBB forum stats &analy

Post by gravityinsights »

Sshadow wrote:Great additions. Thanks for the work here.
Your welcome!

We'd love to hear more feedback from the community. Please PM me if you have any thoughts or suggestions. Thanks!
wizer
Name: Tom

Post by wizer »

I don't know if this is the right thread to ask. But I recently installed Insights and I think it's really good! However, my site has slowed up and just now I got some sort of timeout message on insights.php. I refreshed and it went away but now I'm worried that GI is slowing up my site. Is this possible? If so is there any way to speed it back up? It's a moderately busy forum, but nothing like a busy as here, for example.
Want to say thanks for receiving great advice or support from the phpBB Community? Make a donation to OSUOSL (the group that hosts phpBB.com) OR buy some merchandise from the phpBB Shop
gravityinsights

wizer wrote:my site has slowed up and just now I got some sort of timeout message on insights.php. I refreshed and it went away but now I'm worried that GI is slowing up my site. Is this possible?
Wizer - Sorry for the inconvenience. We were in the midst of a server migration. There shouldn't be any latency now! Let me know if you're still seeing a slow down.
Abera

Post by Abera »

Is the MOD still being worked on, or is it done?
Thanks
gravityinsights

Abera wrote:Is the MOD still being worked on, or is it done?
The MOD is stable/done. Though, we'll continue to add features/functionality.
Abera

Post by Abera »

At your site Insight, between the basic for free and premium is $100.00. The premium has all of the inclusion of what you say the MOD will do. The basic really shows nothing. So why not just use Piwik, or Google Analytics for free?
Thanks
gravityinsights

Abera wrote:At your site Insight, between the basic for free and premium is $100.00. The premium has all of the inclusion of what you say the MOD will do. The basic really shows nothing. So why not just use Piwik, or Google Analytics for free?
Thanks
The description of the MOD here is accurate. THere is a lot of information in the dashboard and real-time stream, which is what you get with Insights Basic. Insights Premium gives you access to detailed reports.

The main difference between other analytics products and Insights is that Insights is focused on forum analytics, which you can't easily get from generic services. I've used Google Analytics quite a bit. It's extremely useful for certain things, but it's not great for tracking forum activity or for real-time information.

Hope that answers your question.
Abera

Post by Abera »

gravityinsights wrote:
The description of the MOD here is accurate. THere is a lot of information in the dashboard and real-time stream, which is what you get with Insights Basic. Insights Premium gives you access to detailed reports.

The main difference between other analytics products and Insights is that Insights is focused on forum analytics, which you can't easily get from generic services. I've used Google Analytics quite a bit. It's extremely useful for certain things, but it's not great for tracking forum activity or for real-time information.

Hope that answers your question.
It does and thank you. One more question. I have a local server and it's only hit by me. About once a week I download the db to keep the local up to date. Will any of the hits be shown in the db that I can see on my local, or will that only be on my live site?
Thanks
MichaelC
Consultant
Consultant
Name: Michael Cullum

Post by MichaelC »

What licence is the paid version released under?
:)
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss.
Formerly Website Team Lead/Manager & Development Team.
Please don't PM me for support (or stuff that belongs in the forums or tracker) but otherwise feel free
gravityinsights

Unknown Bliss wrote:What licence is the paid version released under?
The service has its own terms, which you can read here: http://insights.gravity.com/index/terms.

The plug-in code itself is GPL.
gravityinsights

Gravity Insights Permanently Shut Down as of April 28th, 201

At 12:00 AM Pacific time on April 28th, 2012, Gravity Insights will be permanently shut down and you will no longer be able to log in to the service to view your forum analytics.

Prior to shutdown, you should remove the Gravity Insights plugin from your website. You can find step-by-step instructions for uninstalling the plugin on our support site:
http://support.insights.gravity.com/ind ... -28th-2012

If you have any questions, please send us an email to insights@gravity.com.

Thank you,
The Gravity Insights Team
sitwi

Post by sitwi »

The uninstall instructions are unreachable. For some reason you need to log in to read them, and then you're stuck in an infinite loop and can't read them.

Can you post them here, please?
gravityinsights

Here are the instructions for phpBB forums:

1. Open a browser, locate your insights install_mod.xml file, and open it in your web browser (if you no longer have one, contact insights@gravity.com) 2. Using the installation guide, reverse all of the changes described posting.php, search.php, includes/functions.php, includes/ucp/ucp_register.php and styles/<stylename>/template/overall_footer.html where <stylename> is your currently active style (i.e. 'prosilver').
3. Manually remove the "root/insights.php" and "root/insightsconfig.php" from your forum's web server.

If you have any other questions, please send us an email to insights@gravity.com.

Thanks
Neuropass

Post by Neuropass »

This topic should be locked. This service was shut down on May the 28th.
tumba25
Former Team Member
Name: Jari Kanerva

Post by tumba25 »

According to this post http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p13131858 the service is down so I set this topic to be abandoned.

If you the MOD author want to reopen the development, please contact a MOD team member.
Need a mod/extension created/installed, other custom-coded solution or a server admin? https://tumba25.net

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”