[ABD] phpBB Social Network 0.7.2

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
keith10456

Re: [NEW] [BETA] Instant Messenger + User status MOD 0.4.0

Post by keith10456 »

sitwi wrote:I'm trapped on my site! http://spursornothing.co.uk

Installed this, it didn't work - same problems as before, nothing seems to work if you click on the bar. Is there potentially some conflict with some other js script? (I have Highslide for images, and some "preview" text if you hover over the topic title in each forum).

Here's the bigger problem - when i revert to my backup files and try to remove all trace of this MOD, the site doens't work at all... it give me DB errors. So now I've had to revert to the non-working MOD to have any chance at all of the site functioning!

(Might this be because I previously had 0.3.0 installed? Althoguh I removed this. Is there something I can do to revert to the old SQL for this, even if I don't use it, just to get the pages working again?)

I'd love to have this MOD, as it looks to be one of the best out there, but I'm stuck with a version that doesn't work, and don't dare to delete it!

Help, please?!??!
Post the db error you receive when you uninstall the mod.

I had v0.3.0 installed as well... As long as you uninstalled that version first (including db changes) then it shouldn't interfere with v0.4.0.

I have the Gallery mod installed with highslide... It doesn't interfere with IM 0.4.0 on my site.
Last edited by keith10456 on Tue May 04, 2010 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PERVEZ

Post by PERVEZ »

@Culprit, Thanks for your quick and effective solution. Kamahl and your initiative to create this fantastic mod is really amazing. All the feature of this mod is great. Btw, do you have any plan to add Facebook or Twitter API key with this mod to let user change their Facebook status from here?
sitwi

Post by sitwi »

Culprit wrote:
sitwi wrote:Hi Culprit

Thanks for replying so quickly.

I'm really sorry, I'm having a little trouble understanding what you're suggesting that I do. (Don't worry, I'm sure your English is far better than my Czech!)

You mention javascripts/prototype.js - how should I stop this loading? Do I delete Highslide, or is there any easier way?

Thanks very much once again,

- sitwi.
I have take a look on highslide support. With highslide is no problem. Problem is with javascript/prototype.js. It is some JS framework. What is for MOD that needs this file I don't know.
Removing is trough overall_header.html, there is line that include these file.

//EDIT:: I myself am learning English. I have never had English in school
Fantastic! That worked. (the file was for an RSS news aggregator, which I've disabled).

And your English is great ;)
aaalba

Post by aaalba »

does it work with phpbb 3.05 ?
kiore

Post by kiore »

yeah i have tried all the browser that split in the bar is still the same

Edit:Nvm i fixed or i think...Just used the old style code and updated it with the new values
geerje

Re: [BETA] Facebook chat with fixed bottom bar 0.2.0

Post by geerje »

Kamahl19 wrote:Oh I forgot... Users with the space in username can not chat.. This will be fixed in next version :) Please subscribe this topic. I hope next version will be soon :)
Is the version 0.3.0 can fix this problem? i had installed this version, but some member told me they couldn't chat
kiore

Post by kiore »

well here is a new problem with a switch false to true for Chat sound the chat stops working the bar and stuff is still there but nothing works
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

I received this error message while using the Chat on my site (in FF):

Code: Select all

some error: startChatSession();
Invalid JSON: {"username": "keith", "items": [{"s":"0","f":"23","f_name":"Flawless","m":"dgktydtyruytkuyhgu"},{"s":"2","f":"23","m":"Tue May 04, 2010 12:07 pm"},{"s": "1", "f": "23", "f_name": "Flawless", "m": "Thanks for checking this!"},{"s":"0","f":"23","f_name":"Flawless","m":"blah"},{"s": "1", "f": "23", "f_name": "Flawless", "m": "yup... that's you!"},{"s":"0","f":"23","f_name":"Flawless","m":"so me!!"},{"s":"2","f":"23","m":"Tue May 04, 2010 12:15 pm"},{"s": "1", "f": "23", "f_name": "Flawless", "m": "This is a test... Let me know if you get it or not!"},{"s": "1", "f": "23", "f_name": "Flawless", "m": "Another test..."},{"s":"0","f":"23","f_name":"Flawless","m":"food"},{"s": "1", "f": "23", "f_name": "Flawless", "m": "when it's open it works ine"},{"s": "1", "f": "23", "f_name": "Flawless", "m": "oops..."},{"s": "1", "f": "23", "f_name": "Flawless", "m": "i meant "fine""},{"s":"0","f":"23","f_name":"Flawless","m":"i'm hungry\"}]}
After I clicked "OK" the message went away...

It occurred after I sent a message then clicked to go to my Forum's index.
CherryJimbo

Post by CherryJimbo »

Hey there,

Unfortunately, after updating to version 0.4, the mod is no longer working on my board. The buttons do not do anything.

http://sammyservers.com/forums

Dummy account info:

Test
test123
Last edited by CherryJimbo on Tue May 04, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LexusAutosports

Post by LexusAutosports »

I just installed on my phpBB 3.0.7-PL board and it works nice! This is one heck of a mod. I found after intalling you should delete your browser temporary files to insure that a cached version of your site does not load. Does anyone find that this mod slows their site down a little bit?
Lexus Autosports - Show Off Your Lexus
http://www.lexusautosports.com
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

CherryJimbo wrote:Hey there,

Unfortunately, after updating to version 0.4, the mod is no longer working on my board. The buttons do not do anything.

http://sammyservers.com/forums

If you need a dummy account, feel free to ask for one.
Post the dummy account so it can be tested. It just speeds up the help process...

In the mean time, check your overallheader.html file and see if you already have a line of code that contains:

http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/
If you do, post the whole line.
CherryJimbo

Post by CherryJimbo »

Okay here is the dummy account:

Username: Test
Password: test123

I do not have any other line with that in it, but this is all the custom JS I am using:

<!--<script src="{T_TEMPLATE_PATH}/slide_js/jquery-1.3.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
<!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN and not S_IS_BOT --><script type="text/javascript" src="{ROOT_PATH}styles/instant_messenger/instant_messenger.js"></script><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT --><script type="text/javascript" src="{ROOT_PATH}styles/instant_messenger/instant_messenger_buttons.js"></script><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- Sliding effect -->
<!--<script src="{T_TEMPLATE_PATH}/slide_js/slide.js" type="text/javascript"></script>-->
<script type="text/javascript">
  $.noConflict();
  jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
    $(document).ready(function() {

$("#open").click(function(){
      $("div#panel").slideDown("slow");

});   

$("#close").click(function(){
      $("div#panel").slideUp("slow");   
   });      

$("#toggle a").click(function () {
      $("#toggle a").toggle();
   });      

});
  });

</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_TEMPLATE_PATH}/xs_bbcode_fn.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="./classes/scripts/select_expand_bbcodes.js"></script>
<!--<script type="text/javascript" src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.min.js"></script>-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>
<!-- IF S_MCHAT_ENABLE -->
   <!-- <script type="text/javascript" src="{ROOT_PATH}mchat/jquery_core_mini.js"></script>-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="{ROOT_PATH}mchat/jquery_cookie_mini.js"></script>

<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF S_REIMG -->
		if (window.reimg_version)
		{
			reimg_loading("{REIMG_LOADING_IMG_SRC}");
		}
	</script>
<!-- ENDIF -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="mobiquo/tapatalkdetect.js"></script>
Note the comments around some things, which was my attempt to see if any other jquery things were interfering with this mod.
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

CherryJimbo wrote:Okay here is the dummy account:

Username: Test
Password: test123

I do not have any other line with that in it, but this is all the custom JS I am using:

<!--<script src="{T_TEMPLATE_PATH}/slide_js/jquery-1.3.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
<!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN and not S_IS_BOT --><script type="text/javascript" src="{ROOT_PATH}styles/instant_messenger/instant_messenger.js"></script><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT --><script type="text/javascript" src="{ROOT_PATH}styles/instant_messenger/instant_messenger_buttons.js"></script><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- Sliding effect -->
<!--<script src="{T_TEMPLATE_PATH}/slide_js/slide.js" type="text/javascript"></script>-->
  $.noConflict();
  jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
    $(document).ready(function() {

$("#open").click(function(){
      $("div#panel").slideDown("slow");

});   

$("#close").click(function(){
      $("div#panel").slideUp("slow");   
   });      

$("#toggle a").click(function () {
      $("#toggle a").toggle();
   });      

});
  });

</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_TEMPLATE_PATH}/xs_bbcode_fn.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="./classes/scripts/select_expand_bbcodes.js"></script>
<!--<script type="text/javascript" src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.min.js"></script>-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>
<!-- IF S_MCHAT_ENABLE -->
   <!-- <script type="text/javascript" src="{ROOT_PATH}mchat/jquery_core_mini.js"></script>-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="{ROOT_PATH}mchat/jquery_cookie_mini.js"></script>

<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF S_REIMG -->
		if (window.reimg_version)
		{
			reimg_loading("{REIMG_LOADING_IMG_SRC}");
		}
	</script>
<!-- ENDIF -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="mobiquo/tapatalkdetect.js"></script>
Note the comments around some things, which was my attempt to see if any other jquery things were interfering with this mod.
This line might be causing your problem:

<!--<script src="{T_TEMPLATE_PATH}/slide_js/jquery-1.3.2.min.js" 
I had a similar issue... An older version of jquery was being called.

This mod uses 1.4.2/jquery.min.js. Try removing the line... and/or changing the version.

Be sure to make a backup first!
CherryJimbo

Post by CherryJimbo »

Thanks, but I already have that line commented out, like so:

ninowebs

Post by ninowebs »

I installed the new whisker version 0.4.0 I have problem when sending the message only if you see the update page also do not hear the mp3 audio, I mofificato file styles \ instant_messenger / instant_messenger_buttons metternto true instead of false

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”