[ABD] phpBB Social Network 0.7.2

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
superj707

Re: [NEW] [BETA] Instant Messenger + User status MOD 0.4.0

Post by superj707 » Wed May 05, 2010 1:37 am

AWEEE Am I to understand that the feature I was waiting for is still not included? I was waiting for

ACP - set that only friends will be shown in online list for chat v. 0.5.0

Version 5 Really :( :( :( :(

Kitsaru

Post by Kitsaru » Wed May 05, 2010 1:44 am

Someone mind telling me how to integrate this with a custom style or is it just the regular install for a custom style.

slayer1011

Post by slayer1011 » Wed May 05, 2010 1:52 am

Kitsaru wrote:Someone mind telling me how to integrate this with a custom style or is it just the regular install for a custom style.
I instaleld on a custom style, and it worked fine,
from what ive seen so far with phpBB3 is there are 2 types of styles, PROSILVER and SUBSILVER2

you just have to find out which your style was based off and install according to that style.

eg: I have PROFORMEL, based off a PROSILVER so i just followed the install instructiosn for PROSILVER and it works fine.

you dont need to edit the fiels 2 times for the subsilver and prosilver unless your running multiple themes.

slayer1011

Post by slayer1011 » Wed May 05, 2010 2:03 am

Ok, I want to help make this mod as good as possable, so i am going to post some errors / issues i am finding, PLEASE don't take these as complaints, I KNOW this is Beta Code, and it WILL have errors, i know this, you know this, and everyone should know this too ;)

ok, a picture is worth a thousand words, so i will supply photos

first, seems to be a firefox only issue, but the whole chat code pre-loads on screen in the header, then turns into a chat bar at the bottom.

this literally takes 1/2 second, but it happens everytime you click a link within the site (open a forum, go home etc)

Second : once i loaded in IE8 The pre-load stuff went away, and i was left with the user list outside of the browsable screen (and no scroll bars are present)

This is fixed locally by pressing CTRL + F5 (which i am told clears my cache)

Again, please dont think i am complaining, I am offering my website basically as a testing ground, I will help you spot any bugs, I think this mod has alot of potential, and would like to see it grow into a fully functional mod.

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Wed May 05, 2010 2:29 am

slayer1011 wrote:
Kitsaru wrote:Someone mind telling me how to integrate this with a custom style or is it just the regular install for a custom style.
I instaleld on a custom style, and it worked fine,
from what ive seen so far with phpBB3 is there are 2 types of styles, PROSILVER and SUBSILVER2

you just have to find out which your style was based off and install according to that style.

eg: I have PROFORMEL, based off a PROSILVER so i just followed the install instructiosn for PROSILVER and it works fine.

you dont need to edit the fiels 2 times for the subsilver and prosilver unless your running multiple themes.
As a side note, when installing mods, in addition to what kitsaru said, you must be sure to upload the style files to the style directory that you are using.

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Wed May 05, 2010 2:35 am

slayer1011 wrote:Ok, I want to help make this mod as good as possable, so i am going to post some errors / issues i am finding, PLEASE don't take these as complaints, I KNOW this is Beta Code, and it WILL have errors, i know this, you know this, and everyone should know this too ;)

first, seems to be a firefox only issue, but the whole chat code pre-loads on screen in the header, then turns into a chat bar at the bottom.

this literally takes 1/2 second, but it happens everytime you click a link within the site (open a forum, go home etc)

Second : once i loaded in IE8 The pre-load stuff went away, and i was left with the user list outside of the browsable screen (and no scroll bars are present)

This is fixed locally by pressing CTRL + F5 (which i am told clears my cache)...
For me, the first issue only occurs the first time a visitor/members visits the site since the Chat has been installed. After a refresh all is well.

The IE issue (occurs in IE 7 as well) occurs every so often... Not sure why though. But as you stated, the problem goes away after Refreshing.

Kitsaru

Post by Kitsaru » Wed May 05, 2010 3:32 am

it doesn't even show is there an install.php file or something?

Culprit

Post by Culprit » Wed May 05, 2010 5:24 am

PERVEZ wrote:Btw, do you have any plan to add Facebook or Twitter API key with this mod to let user change their Facebook status from here?
We have been not thinking about this yet.
aaalba wrote:does it work with phpbb 3.05 ?
Should work with. But will be not supported, only latest versions of phpBB will be supported.
geerje wrote:
Kamahl19 wrote:Oh I forgot... Users with the space in username can not chat.. This will be fixed in next version :) Please subscribe this topic. I hope next version will be soon :)
Is the version 0.3.0 can fix this problem? i had installed this version, but some member told me they couldn't chat
No, in 0.3.0 version could not be fixed. Version 0.3.0 used username to chat connect.
CherryJimbo wrote:Hey there,

Unfortunately, after updating to version 0.4, the mod is no longer working on my board. The buttons do not do anything.

http://sammyservers.com/forums

Dummy account info:

Test
test123
Remove from overall_header.html

Code: Select all

window.onload= function(){ load_startIM(......)}
and put load_startIM(......) after onload="rollover();. This replace onload function.
LexusAutosports wrote:I just installed on my phpBB 3.0.7-PL board and it works nice! This is one heck of a mod. I found after intalling you should delete your browser temporary files to insure that a cached version of your site does not load. Does anyone find that this mod slows their site down a little bit?
It should not slows the site. All needed temporary files will be generated again.
CherryJimbo wrote:Thanks, but I already have that line commented out, like so:

<!--<script src="{T_TEMPLATE_PATH}/slide_js/jquery-1.3.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>-->
This line could you simple remove, no longer needed. We have been using newest jquery.
ninowebs wrote:I installed the new whisker version 0.4.0 I have problem when sending the message only if you see the update page also do not hear the mp3 audio, I mofificato file styles \ instant_messenger / instant_messenger_buttons metternto true instead of false
On any update page (page that have auto refreshing) is chat not started. Until chat start come in action autorefresh. therefore, no chat is running.
I hope, that I understand your problem correctly.
superj707 wrote:AWEEE Am I to understand that the feature I was waiting for is still not included? I was waiting for

ACP - set that only friends will be shown in online list for chat v. 0.5.0

Version 5 Really :( :( :( :(
Only friends will be shown in online list is now as default. Could be changed only directly access to DB. ACP feature to enable/disable this option will be added in next version.
slayer1011 wrote:Ok, I want to help make this mod as good as possable, so i am going to post some errors / issues i am finding, PLEASE don't take these as complaints, I KNOW this is Beta Code, and it WILL have errors, i know this, you know this, and everyone should know this too ;)

Thnx for reporting
Kitsaru wrote:it doesn't even show is there an install.php file or something?
Follow instruction in install_mod.xml for your style type. You decide type of style in onverall_header.html, if there present tags table than you should use subsilver2 instruction, if there are not present tags table (tableless style) you should use prosilver instruction.

Culprit

Post by Culprit » Wed May 05, 2010 5:39 am

keith10456 wrote:I received this error message while using the Chat on my site (in FF):

After I clicked "OK" the message went away...

It occurred after I sent a message then clicked to go to my Forum's index.
Happens every time?
Please give me a more accurate description of the steps to show errors
Last edited by Culprit on Wed May 05, 2010 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Culprit

Re: [BETA] Facebook chat+user status with fixed bottom bar 0

Post by Culprit » Wed May 05, 2010 6:20 am

darkonia wrote:i wish me for the future a minimize function for the mod, when minimized than it will cool when it is like in facebook only so:

:ugeek:
Only in new version 0.4.0.
To do this, you can modify in CSS instant_messenger.css
Around line 24

#site-bottom-bar {
	background: #f0f0f0 url('{T_THEME_PATH}/images/im_toolbarbg.gif') repeat-x 0 0;
	border-top: 1px solid #999;
	z-index: 100;
	height: 25px;
	_height: 26px;
	display: block;
	/*display:none;**/
}
Uncomment the last parameter display:none;

CherryJimbo

Post by CherryJimbo » Wed May 05, 2010 6:58 am

Thanks for the reply to my problem, however, even when doing what you said, and replacing the body onload section with:

<body class="{S_CONTENT_DIRECTION}" onLoad="rollover(); load_startIM('{ROOT_PATH}', '{T_THEME_PATH}');">
the buttons still are not working.

Culprit

Post by Culprit » Wed May 05, 2010 7:34 am

CherryJimbo wrote:Thanks for the reply to my problem, however, even when doing what you said, and replacing the body onload section with:

<body class="{S_CONTENT_DIRECTION}" onLoad="rollover(); load_startIM('{ROOT_PATH}', '{T_THEME_PATH}');">
the buttons still are not working.
It will start to work if you comment or remove

$.noConflict();

Culprit

Post by Culprit » Wed May 05, 2010 9:07 am

slayer1011 wrote:this literally takes 1/2 second, but it happens everytime you click a link within the site

http://s4.postimage.org/jbMQ0.jpg
http://s4.postimage.org/jbPk9.jpg
http://s4.postimage.org/jbRPi.jpg
First three problems from images FIXED, comes with next release.

UPDATED
Button effects can be switch from click (default) to hover intent.
HOW Setup up options in 0.4.0

ninowebs

Post by ninowebs » Wed May 05, 2010 10:03 am

help me please
here's how I see it, and the top is not under

Culprit

Post by Culprit » Wed May 05, 2010 11:30 am

ninowebs wrote:help me please
here's how I see it, and the top is not under
forum link please, and what is your browser?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”