[ABD] phpBB Social Network 0.7.2

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Locked
wp180
Registered User
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:09 am

Re: [RC] phpBB3 Social Network

Post by wp180 »

brader wrote:
wp180 wrote: Not working here :(
Kamahl19 wrote:just delete it, SN jquery (the newest version 1.4.4 was included while installation )
Now i cant send messages with mchat anymore :S But SN is working then.
Sorry i forgot to mention that , you have to put the mchat code above the SN code such as

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_MCHAT_ENABLE and (S_MCHAT_ON_INDEX or U_MCHAT) -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_SOCIALNET_JS_PATH}/jquery-1.4.4.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{ROOT_PATH}mchat/jquery_cookie_mini.js"></script>
<link href="{T_THEME_PATH}/mchat_prosilver.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- INCLUDE socialnet/overall_header_hook.html -->

I think its working now. We will test it all the day now, so i answer again this evening.
Thx for this hint.

Greets
wp180
mattconley2011
Registered User
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:49 am

Re: [RC] phpBB3 Social Network

Post by mattconley2011 »

Kamahl19 wrote:
mattconley2011 wrote:When you post a status or comment, you have to refresh the page to see it, is there a fix for this?
you dont have to refresh the site. did you do installation right? did you purge and refresh cache and style?
Did all of that, didn't fix the issue. Did the install right too.
Davidwarr
Registered User
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:37 pm

Re: [RC] phpBB3 Social Network

Post by Davidwarr »

mattconley2011 wrote:
Kamahl19 wrote:
mattconley2011 wrote:When you post a status or comment, you have to refresh the page to see it, is there a fix for this?
you dont have to refresh the site. did you do installation right? did you purge and refresh cache and style?
Did all of that, didn't fix the issue. Did the install right too.

Same thing here, Have to refresh to see the messages a user send me, I remove the Jquery lines from my over all headder and that resolved the problem with the window's not opening as i have mchat installed.


In firebug i see ..Failed to load resource im.php

I only have the chat enabled for the moment ..

:(
dubca2
Registered User
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:57 am

Re: [RC] phpBB3 Social Network

Post by dubca2 »

Thanks for this mod. It works great. I only have a cosmetic issue. How can I make mainpage_login_body.html match exactly the login_body.html for prosilver???

The mainpage login is not attarctive like default login page.
User avatar
Kamahl19
Registered User
Posts: 1598
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:33 pm
Location: Slovakia
Name: Martin
Contact:

Re: [RC] phpBB3 Social Network

Post by Kamahl19 »

dubca2 wrote:Thanks for this mod. It works great. I only have a cosmetic issue. How can I make mainpage_login_body.html match exactly the login_body.html for prosilver???

The mainpage login is not attarctive like default login page.
we will solve it in 0.5.1 :)
dubca2
Registered User
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:57 am

Re: [RC] phpBB3 Social Network

Post by dubca2 »

Kamahl19 wrote:
dubca2 wrote:Thanks for this mod. It works great. I only have a cosmetic issue. How can I make mainpage_login_body.html match exactly the login_body.html for prosilver???

The mainpage login is not attarctive like default login page.
we will solve it in 0.5.1 :)
Thanks.

When do you think 0.5.1 will be available?
vortexhlp
Registered User
Posts: 195
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:51 pm

Re: [RC] phpBB3 Social Network

Post by vortexhlp »

After playing around enough with this I found three bugs that happen frequently.

1. You can request to be a friend and cancel it, but the PM remains in the recipient's PM box. I would assume that being able to remove this PM as well as changing the number of new PM's in PM box might be a good idea, however I don't know how that could be done because you would have to figure out if the recipient has seen the post to -1 "new_pm" and if the PM is still the mailbox (not too hard since they're assigned a number). My recommendation is to have a Notification system (System Messages?) instead of using the PM system.

2. I love how responsive the chat system is and how everything works so smoothly. However, on a fresh build of phpBB (where I'm doing testing), the initial chat message often doesn't go through unless you click on the chat window (or click on an active element anywhere on the screen), in which case it will tell you that X sent you that chat message. In other words, it seems like the system is waiting for a user response even though Firebug says it's refreshing every 200ms (or whatever it is).

3. The chat window always opens up even if you close it after changing pages. Perhaps a new feature would be to have it remember whether it's open (true) or closed (false)?
eXo`
Registered User
Posts: 146
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:28 pm

Re: [RC] phpBB3 Social Network

Post by eXo` »

Looks very interesting. Will wait for a subsilver2 version...... or i'll just convert my board to prosilver :(

If you guys need a French translation, lmk.
User avatar
victory1
Registered User
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:47 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] phpBB3 Social Network

Post by victory1 »

vortexhlp wrote:After playing around enough with this I found three bugs that happen frequently.

1. You can request to be a friend and cancel it, but the PM remains in the recipient's PM box. I would assume that being able to remove this PM as well as changing the number of new PM's in PM box might be a good idea, however I don't know how that could be done because you would have to figure out if the recipient has seen the post to -1 "new_pm" and if the PM is still the mailbox (not too hard since they're assigned a number). My recommendation is to have a Notification system (System Messages?) instead of using the PM system.

2. I love how responsive the chat system is and how everything works so smoothly. However, on a fresh build of phpBB (where I'm doing testing), the initial chat message often doesn't go through unless you click on the chat window (or click on an active element anywhere on the screen), in which case it will tell you that X sent you that chat message. In other words, it seems like the system is waiting for a user response even though Firebug says it's refreshing every 200ms (or whatever it is).

3. The chat window always opens up even if you close it after changing pages. Perhaps a new feature would be to have it remember whether it's open (true) or closed (false)?
For #1 - I had several people that got in contact with me because they received friend request and when they went to the Social Network Tab, the request was missing. It took a minute to realize that the requester canceled the request. Since the e-mail remains, that's a flaw.

For #3 - I have the same issue but I'm being told that the constant opening of the chat is an interference of another mod that I might have installed. The funny thing is that it does not do it in Firefox but any other browser, if you open a link or new page, the chat just keeps opening.
User avatar
heredia21
Registered User
Posts: 942
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:14 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] phpBB3 Social Network

Post by heredia21 »

Everytime i send or receive a instant message the window does not automatically open, but when i click on the user it shows what i sent so it is being delivered. How come it doesnt automatically pop up or open when receivin an instant message in the chat?
Best BlackBerry website for all users! BlackBerry News - http://blackberryempire.com
User avatar
Kamahl19
Registered User
Posts: 1598
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:33 pm
Location: Slovakia
Name: Martin
Contact:

Re: [RC] phpBB3 Social Network

Post by Kamahl19 »

heredia21 wrote:Everytime i send or receive a instant message the window does not automatically open, but when i click on the user it shows what i sent so it is being delivered. How come it doesnt automatically pop up or open when receivin an instant message in the chat?
did you remove all other jquery from your header?
User avatar
jsebean
Registered User
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:20 pm
Location: Atlantic Canada
Name: Jonah
Contact:

Re: [RC] phpBB3 Social Network

Post by jsebean »

Kamahl19 wrote:
heredia21 wrote:Everytime i send or receive a instant message the window does not automatically open, but when i click on the user it shows what i sent so it is being delivered. How come it doesnt automatically pop up or open when receivin an instant message in the chat?
did you remove all other jquery from your header?
I have the same issue. What do you mean remove jquery from header? the only jquery in the page header is what came with this mod?


Also, the IM Chat box pops up automatically everytime i navigate to a new page.

ETA: I have no other mods installed, only the Social network mod.
-Jonah
:lol:
Gutschey
Registered User
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:35 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] phpBB3 Social Network

Post by Gutschey »

How far can I edit the subsilver without breaking the mod? Don't want to change any functions, just want to look it more..amazing! :D

Purging cache and refreshing themes templates and whatever worked 4 me, think it's working now. :) It's really great, thank you guys for the work.
I've used AutoMod, I'm a noob!
User avatar
victory1
Registered User
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:47 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] phpBB3 Social Network

Post by victory1 »

So here goes the theory that other mods that are installed is what causing the IM to pop-up every time a new page is open. I guess people have been experiencing this but not said anything because they were using a browser were it was happening from the beginning. I was using Firefox and it did not do it, so when someone commented that it was happening in Chrome & IE in the Social Network topic that I posted on my board to get their opinions on SN, I was surprised. :?:
theendfear
Registered User
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:51 am

Re: [RC] phpBB3 Social Network

Post by theendfear »

jsbean wrote:
Kamahl19 wrote:
heredia21 wrote:Everytime i send or receive a instant message the window does not automatically open, but when i click on the user it shows what i sent so it is being delivered. How come it doesnt automatically pop up or open when receivin an instant message in the chat?
did you remove all other jquery from your header?
I have the same issue. What do you mean remove jquery from header? the only jquery in the page header is what came with this mod?


Also, the IM Chat box pops up automatically everytime i navigate to a new page.

ETA: I have no other mods installed, only the Social network mod.
heredia21 wrote:Everytime i send or receive a instant message the window does not automatically open, but when i click on the user it shows what i sent so it is being delivered. How come it doesnt automatically pop up or open when receivin an instant message in the chat?
i have the same issue,maybe is the style that cause these problems??
i have dirtyboard...
Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”