[ABD] phpBB Social Network 0.7.2

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
heredia21

Re: [RC] phpBB3 Social Network 0.5.1

Post by heredia21 »

4_seven wrote:oomp, thats special. so u must take a look for the relevant template edits (ucp_**?). may testwise load up virgin files, clear all caches to find out where it sucks.
Well it is a fresh file. I am using the socialnet templates.
Best BlackBerry website for all users! BlackBerry News - http://blackberryempire.com
Boardtalk.net
Name: Colette

Post by Boardtalk.net »

heredia21 wrote:
Boardtalk.net wrote:
heredia21 wrote:On the Supernova style. When i try to click add a friend on my friend requests nothing happens. What do i do?
lol Have come on here to find out that very answer, it must be a jQuery conflict http://docs.jquery.com/Using_jQuery_wit ... _Librariesand will have to check it out later. ;)
Any fix for this yet?
So far this is where I’m at but am far from finished with it between testing etc. But for the problem you were enquiring about.
Open styles/supernova/template/overall_header.html
Find:

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_TEMPLATE_PATH}/jquery-1.4.2.min.js"></script>
And replace with:

<!--<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_TEMPLATE_PATH}/jquery-1.4.2.min.js"></script>-->
Open styles/supernova/template/cats.js
Find:

//functions
On a new line Add before:

jQuery.noConflict();
Find all:

$
And replace all with:

jQuery
See how that goes for you. Please note the only thing I see not yet working is the style changer and have spent the latter end of the evening testing how everything else was working and so far they seem to be okay. There may be a conflict with the supernova cookie.js but will have to spend more time seeing how its functioning.

Will hopefully get more time tomorrow night to figure out the style changer.

Keep me posting on how the above fix worked out for you.

Thanks
;)

PS I failed to mention that I’ve noticed Older posts in profiles won’t open too and will look at that also unless you’ve come across the answer I’d appreciate it; it would save me some time, thanks.
heredia21

Post by heredia21 »

Boardtalk.net wrote:
heredia21 wrote:
Boardtalk.net wrote:
heredia21 wrote:On the Supernova style. When i try to click add a friend on my friend requests nothing happens. What do i do?
lol Have come on here to find out that very answer, it must be a jQuery conflict http://docs.jquery.com/Using_jQuery_wit ... _Librariesand will have to check it out later. ;)
Any fix for this yet?
So far this is where I’m at but am far from finished with it between testing etc. But for the problem you were enquiring about.
Open styles/supernova/template/overall_header.html
Find:

<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_TEMPLATE_PATH}/jquery-1.4.2.min.js"></script>
And replace with:

<!--<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_TEMPLATE_PATH}/jquery-1.4.2.min.js"></script>-->
Open styles/supernova/template/cats.js
Find:

//functions
On a new line Add before:

jQuery.noConflict();
Find all:

$
And replace all with:

jQuery
See how that goes for you. Please note the only thing I see not yet working is the style changer and have spent the latter end of the evening testing how everything else was working and so far they seem to be okay. There may be a conflict with the supernova cookie.js but will have to spend more time seeing how its functioning.

Will hopefully get more time tomorrow night to figure out the style changer.

Keep me posting on how the above fix worked out for you.

Thanks
;)

PS I failed to mention that I’ve noticed Older posts in profiles won’t open too and will look at that also unless you’ve come across the answer I’d appreciate it; it would save me some time, thanks.
That didnt fix it Boardtalk. I still cant click on usernames to accept friend requests.
Best BlackBerry website for all users! BlackBerry News - http://blackberryempire.com
Boardtalk.net

Post by Boardtalk.net »

heredia21, you did mention before that its a fresh install without any other mods? If this is the case I'm guessing that you've already refreshed the styles, purged cache and held down CTRL and F5 togeather on the friends request page?

I've it working on mine but will have to look into this further tomorrow night as am about to log off.
heredia21

Post by heredia21 »

Everything works fine minus accepting friend requests. Fresh style. I removed jquery
Boardtalk.net

Post by Boardtalk.net »

heredia21 wrote:Everything works fine minus accepting friend requests. Fresh style. I removed jquery
Gosh your lucky, even the style changer?
here's my supernova cats.js

dont know if it will help

Update: fixed download
Last edited by Boardtalk.net on Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
heredia21

Post by heredia21 »

Boardtalk.net wrote:
heredia21 wrote:Everything works fine minus accepting friend requests. Fresh style. I removed jquery
Gosh your lucky, even the style changer?
here's my supernova cats.js

dont know if it will help
Thanks alot Boardtalk! That did the trick. Using your cat.js file now i cant accept friend requests. Should using this file cause any other conflicts? Everything seems fine so far.
Boardtalk.net

Post by Boardtalk.net »

heredia21 wrote: Thanks alot Boardtalk! That did the trick. Using your cat.js file now i cant accept friend requests. Should using this file cause any other conflicts? Everything seems fine so far.
Ah great and no conficts should happen, jQuery uses the sign $ by default and by putting jQuery.noConflict(); at the top of the file means that your telling it your just changing the $ to e.g. jQuery to avoid confilcts with other .js files that are using the same for a differnt purpose -dont know if that makes sense :lol:

Really gald it worked out for yea! ;)
mattconley2011

Post by mattconley2011 »

When is the next version coming out?
bjsteyn
Name: bj steyn

Post by bjsteyn »

I have added a pic above of my minor problem.

Great job on version 0.5.1 !!! I was planning on waiting after trying version 0.5.0 on WampServer, having a few problems and reading all the bugs. I am glad I decided to install 0.5.1 on my phpbb forum now on a hosting server.

Adding the Main Page to menubar was a good move. I just changed the name to Social and fits in nicely.

I have only 1 minor problem, everytime I move to a new url or refersh the page, my status bar goes big and then back to its original size.

I am sure it must be something small.

Thanx for the help in advance.

BJ
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

I will try to find some way how to solve it
bjsteyn

Post by bjsteyn »

Thanx Culprit. My website is here if you want to have a look. http://makingmoneysaforum.com/
EMPaighton

Post by EMPaighton »

Hi everyone,

First off I'd like to thank the developers and everyone else who's contributed to this mod. It is absolutely amazing, And I feel that once all the kinks are worked out, it'll be great.

I do have an issue right now which has persisted, and has actually been intermittent on occasion.

The chat will load and DOES show how many friends are online, for about a split second, then it seems like all the javascript in the mod breaks.

Symptoms:
Unable to post statuses
Unable to comment
Unable to use chat module
"Share" "Comment" buttons perform no action, however when you try to post and empty comment or status, you do get the dialog box saying "You cannot post and empty status" etc etc.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

The two most conflicting mods i can think of would be mChat, and Advertising management 1.0.1.1 or something similar to that number.

I have entirely disabled mChat and actually removed the jscript files from the server. cleared cache etc etc, and still no luck.

It seems like it could almost be a permission issue, because after tinkering with some settings, one of the users was able to post statuses and comments, and even I was able to, but then it randomly stopped working again.

I'd appreciate any help on resolving this issue, I know it may take a while and I can be patient, I'd just like to have someone help me with it.

Regards,
EMPaighton
bjsteyn

Post by bjsteyn »

EMPaighton wrote:Hi everyone,

First off I'd like to thank the developers and everyone else who's contributed to this mod. It is absolutely amazing, And I feel that once all the kinks are worked out, it'll be great.

I do have an issue right now which has persisted, and has actually been intermittent on occasion.

The chat will load and DOES show how many friends are online, for about a split second, then it seems like all the javascript in the mod breaks.

Symptoms:
Unable to post statuses
Unable to comment
"Share" "Comment" buttons perform no action, however when you try to post and empty comment or status, you do get the dialog box saying "You cannot post and empty status" etc etc.

The two most conflicting mods i can think of would be mChat, and Advertising management 1.0.1.1 or something similar to that number.

I have entirely disabled mChat and actually removed the jscript files from the server. cleared cache etc etc, and still no luck.

It seems like it could almost be a permission issue, because after tinkering with some settings, one of the users was able to post statuses and comments, and even I was able to, but then it randomly stopped working again.

I'd appreciate any help on resolving this issue, I know it may take a while and I can be patient, I'd just like to have someone help me with it.

Regards,
EMPaighton
You should try telling your members to clear their cache aswell. I had to tell my sister to do this before it displayed correctly on her browser. Although, probably not your problem. But you never know. It can be something so simple.

I have mchat installled and advertisement management. I disabled mchat before i installed the mod, because the jquery is conflicting. If you read around page 75 of this topic you will find the fix.

Hope you come right!!!
mattconley2011

Post by mattconley2011 »

EMPaighton wrote:Hi everyone,

Symptoms:
Unable to post statuses
Unable to comment

Regards,
EMPaighton

I had this problem when changing the name of my cookies, so i changed them back and pruged the cache and it worked again.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”