[ABD] phpBB Social Network 0.7.2

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
bjsteyn
Name: bj steyn

Re: [RC] phpBB3 Social Network 0.5.1

Post by bjsteyn »

bjsteyn wrote:Thanx Culprit. My website is here if you want to have a look. http://makingmoneysaforum.com/
Sorry, here is a demo account:

username:testuser
password:testuser
eXo`

Post by eXo` »

Is it possible to install only Chat on subsilver2 theme?

thx
EMPaighton

Post by EMPaighton »

mattconley2011 wrote:
EMPaighton wrote:Hi everyone,

First off I'd like to thank the developers and everyone else who's contributed to this mod. It is absolutely amazing, And I feel that once all the kinks are worked out, it'll be great.

I do have an issue right now which has persisted, and has actually been intermittent on occasion.

The chat will load and DOES show how many friends are online, for about a split second, then it seems like all the javascript in the mod breaks.

Symptoms:
Unable to post statuses
Unable to comment
Unable to use chat module
"Share" "Comment" buttons perform no action, however when you try to post and empty comment or status, you do get the dialog box saying "You cannot post and empty status" etc etc.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

The two most conflicting mods i can think of would be mChat, and Advertising management 1.0.1.1 or something similar to that number.

I have entirely disabled mChat and actually removed the jscript files from the server. cleared cache etc etc, and still no luck.

It seems like it could almost be a permission issue, because after tinkering with some settings, one of the users was able to post statuses and comments, and even I was able to, but then it randomly stopped working again.

I'd appreciate any help on resolving this issue, I know it may take a while and I can be patient, I'd just like to have someone help me with it.

Regards,
EMPaighton

I had this problem when changing the name of my cookies, so i changed them back and pruged the cache and it worked again.
I cannot recall the last time I made any modifications to the cookies, but I will double check them and see if I can find anything related, Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: Holy Mother of. cookie name was set to "www.URL.com", i went to www.URL.com, works fine..

But not without the prefix of "www." i'm going to remove that from the settings and see what happens.
EMPaighton

Post by EMPaighton »

EMPaighton wrote:
mattconley2011 wrote:

I had this problem when changing the name of my cookies, so i changed them back and pruged the cache and it worked again.
I cannot recall the last time I made any modifications to the cookies, but I will double check them and see if I can find anything related, Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: Holy Mother of. cookie name was set to "www.URL.com", i went to http://www.URL.com, works fine..

But not without the prefix of "www." i'm going to remove that from the settings and see what happens.
Ok. So using www. works regardless of if it's in the cookie configuration, but only on my desktop. My laptop, with 2 different browers, chrome/firefox, is still not working. It's actually ONLY working in the google chrome browser i use as my default on my desktop.

lol it seems like every time i have a breakthrough with this mod or fix something, it breaks something else, or something else stops working.
EMPaighton

Post by EMPaighton »

UPDATE: It works. It was the cookies. Just had to wait for everything to clear. YES. Thank you SO much mattconley2011. You have officially made my day.
mattconley2011

Post by mattconley2011 »

EMPaighton wrote:UPDATE: It works. It was the cookies. Just had to wait for everything to clear. YES. Thank you SO much mattconley2011. You have officially made my day.
haha no problem, you're welcome
Agnostik

Post by Agnostik »

*Bumping this question to include any template*

What javascript includes can we safely trim from the overall_header_hook if we only wish to use the chat/IM feature?
Jamy

Post by Jamy »

When I comment on a users status I cant see what I wrote till I refresh the page
Solidjeuh
Name: Andy Dm

Post by Solidjeuh »

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
victory1

Post by victory1 »

Jamy wrote:When I comment on a users status I cant see what I wrote till I refresh the page
That's been fixed. Download the 5.1 package again and replace your JS folder and all the php files and that should fix it.
Jamy

Post by Jamy »

that worked, thanks :D
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

Agnostik wrote:*Bumping this question to include any template*

What javascript includes can we safely trim from the overall_header_hook if we only wish to use the chat/IM feature?
I think, last three.
Solidjeuh wrote:Little help please? :oops:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p12961062
Need to see your site. That could be only problem of the template. But I don't understand your language. Than I need to see your site.
goinv8huntin
Name: john doe

Post by goinv8huntin »

goinv8huntin wrote:So I went ahead and uninstalled 5.0, installed, 5.1, all went smooth, except for the buddy list. In firefox, it doesn't even come up (but it does show the count of people logged in), in IE, it comes up a little, but not enough to see the users (also shows correct number of logged in users).

I only had the IM module enabled, without friends approval, and allowing the entire forum to IM rather than friends only.

Seems like the only time the buddy list works and expands, is if I enable the main page, AND I try to expand from the main page. If I try to expand from anywhere else on the forum, It's the same as before, no buddy list.

Any ideas?

-Update-

I tinkered around, found out it was your copyright in the JS that was erroring out, so I have temporarily removed it, and seems like the buddy list is now listing the logged on users, and expanding as it should.

Now the only issue is that when I click on the test user, i can send and IM, but the test user never receives the IM, until on the test user account, i open the buddy list, and click on the senders name.

Seems like a jquery update issue?
bump
Exp: HTML/CSS/PHP/SQL
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

goinv8huntin wrote:
goinv8huntin wrote:So I went ahead and uninstalled 5.0, installed, 5.1, all went smooth, except for the buddy list. In firefox, it doesn't even come up (but it does show the count of people logged in), in IE, it comes up a little, but not enough to see the users (also shows correct number of logged in users).

I only had the IM module enabled, without friends approval, and allowing the entire forum to IM rather than friends only.

Seems like the only time the buddy list works and expands, is if I enable the main page, AND I try to expand from the main page. If I try to expand from anywhere else on the forum, It's the same as before, no buddy list.

Any ideas?

-Update-

I tinkered around, found out it was your copyright in the JS that was erroring out, so I have temporarily removed it, and seems like the buddy list is now listing the logged on users, and expanding as it should.

Now the only issue is that when I click on the test user, i can send and IM, but the test user never receives the IM, until on the test user account, i open the buddy list, and click on the senders name.

Seems like a jquery update issue?
bump
Need to see.
Solidjeuh
Name: Andy Dm

Post by Solidjeuh »

Culprit wrote:
Agnostik wrote:*Bumping this question to include any template*

I think, last three.
Solidjeuh wrote:Little help please? :oops:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p12961062
Need to see your site. That could be only problem of the template. But I don't understand your language. Than I need to see your site.
Gonna send you PM, with login and password
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”