[ABD] phpBB Social Network 0.7.2

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Culprit

Re: [RC] phpBB3 Social Network 0.5.1

Post by Culprit »

goinv8huntin wrote:I uninstalled and reinstalled, and my buddy list wouldn't expand. Last time, I just removed your copyright to get past it, but this time, I figure I would fix.

Your file "m.confirmbox.js" has an error on line 39. You have:

Code: Select all

$('.copyright').html($copy.replace( /phpBB Group/i, 'phpBB Group\n<br />'+$c));
I changed it to:

$('.copyright').html(&copy.replace( /phpBB Group/i, 'phpBB Group\n<br />'+$c));
And the buddy list expands now, even though in my debugger, it gives a syntax error, maybe something you can figure out?

I also fixed the problem of the IMs not popping up for the recipient. I deleted and removed all the old files from version 0.5.0, even though I thought automod did that already.

All is working now, including sound, on/offline status.
Thank you for solving.
I've totally changed the way of adding a copy
victory1

Post by victory1 »

Culprit wrote:
goinv8huntin wrote:I uninstalled and reinstalled, and my buddy list wouldn't expand. Last time, I just removed your copyright to get past it, but this time, I figure I would fix.

Your file "m.confirmbox.js" has an error on line 39. You have:

$('.copyright').html($copy.replace( /phpBB Group/i, 'phpBB Group\n<br />'+$c));
I changed it to:

$('.copyright').html(&copy.replace( /phpBB Group/i, 'phpBB Group\n<br />'+$c));
And the buddy list expands now, even though in my debugger, it gives a syntax error, maybe something you can figure out?

I also fixed the problem of the IMs not popping up for the recipient. I deleted and removed all the old files from version 0.5.0, even though I thought automod did that already.

All is working now, including sound, on/offline status.
Thank you for solving.
I've totally changed the way of adding a copy
Instead of adding it to every page, why not have it on the Mainpage all the time like Board3 (no one tries to remove it since it just appears on the portal page). stamping every page on a site is very intrusive.

I don't like people messing with my footer since I have to have a disclaimer (that's the only way that Sony would let me use their name). So when my footer disappears, it's a serious situation for me. Other people might have the same situation.
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

Agreed... The Copyright should only be on the pages of the SN mod - just like other mods.

Could you image how your Footer would look if the Copyright of every mod that you used was on every page of your site :shock:

* Edit - Now that I think about it, I think the SN's features are throughout the Forum... So they (the mod authors) just might be correct in the way that they're doing the Copyright :idea:
heredia21

Post by heredia21 »

Is there a way to have everyones updates on the main wall without them being friends?
Best BlackBerry website for all users! BlackBerry News - http://blackberryempire.com
heredia21

Post by heredia21 »

Load new doesnt load any new updates i have to refresh the page. How can I fix this? Also do you all plan on making updates ajax like facebook so you dont have to be clicking load new?
Best BlackBerry website for all users! BlackBerry News - http://blackberryempire.com
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

heredia21 wrote:Is there a way to have everyones updates on the main wall without them being friends?
Without access code of original mainpage module is not available.
heredia21 wrote:Load new doesnt load any new updates i have to refresh the page. How can I fix this? Also do you all plan on making updates ajax like facebook so you dont have to be clicking load new?
How to help you without see your site? Don't know.

POSTING your problem twice not will help you become solution early.
Eragon

Post by Eragon »

I have a suggestion.. you can do this kind of copyright

sorry my english
phpbb seo copyright image
vork

Post by vork »

hi, i installed the mod but i'm having troubles with the im bar. The avatar is not showing (the words "users avatar" are there instead, crossing trough the username, so not very pretty) I'm not using a standard style. What could be causing the avatar not to show? And how can i fix it?
thx.
heredia21

Post by heredia21 »

When i hover over "load new" in the mainpage it says javascript:void(0); on the bottom left and when i try to click on load new nothing happens.
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

Eragon wrote:I have a suggestion.. you can do this kind of copyright

sorry my english
phpbb seo copyright image
I think that is not good way for us. Copyright is recoded.
vork wrote:hi, i installed the mod but i'm having troubles with the im bar. The avatar is not showing (the words "users avatar" are there instead, crossing trough the username, so not very pretty) I'm not using a standard style. What could be causing the avatar not to show? And how can i fix it?
thx.
For solution is the best have a test account on your site and see the problems. If you are on Windows hosting. We know about Windows web server problem, and is solved (published in the next version).
heredia21 wrote:When i hover over "load new" in the mainpage it says javascript:void(0); on the bottom left and when i try to click on load new nothing happens.
Did you re download the official package? If not, download again. I think I have solved. If yes, than I need to see.
prashantjcha

Post by prashantjcha »

hey i should say this a great mods thanks to you authors, i am having a problem with the wall. On mainpage just below the search box there is a friends online list, its showing nothing although i am having friends online in my mainpage im chat list which is working great.

Other problem that i am facing is with the user status, nothing is happening with load new and i cannot update status. When i type in some text in status box and hit enter it goes to a new line it is not getting submitted to the wall.

I am using supernova style, anybody got style switcher working with SN mod.
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

When requesting assistance I recommend:
  • A - Provide a link to your site with a test username and password.

Or at least:

B - Provide a screenshot of the problem.
prashantjcha

Post by prashantjcha »

oops i forgot that
well here is the test username and password to my website

http://www.hangoutzones.com

username: testuser
password: testuser

heres the screen shot for the problems that i am facing

plasmino

Post by plasmino »

in you overall_header.html yuo have 2 cookie.js

remove <script type="text/javascript" src="./styles/supernova/template/cookie.js"></script>

;)
prashantjcha

Post by prashantjcha »

plasmino wrote:in you overall_header.html yuo have 2 cookie.js

remove <script type="text/javascript" src="./styles/supernova/template/cookie.js"></script>

;)
hey i tried it still not working for me.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”