[ABD] phpBB Social Network 0.7.2

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
aurquiel

Re: [RC] phpBB3 Social Network 0.5.1

Post by aurquiel »

mattconley2011 wrote:
dannyhrgl wrote:Image

what is causing this issue. I made all the correct changes and nothing. The above is not my site, but i found somone else having the same issue my site is below

http://www.stocksindemand.com
purge cache
refreash template themes and imagesets
I have the same problem i refreash every.

Help
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

keith10456 wrote:When requesting assistance I recommend:
  • A - Provide a link to your site with a test username and password.

Or at least:

B - Provide a screenshot of the problem.
A is correct
prashantjcha wrote:
plasmino wrote:in you overall_header.html yuo have 2 cookie.js

remove <script type="text/javascript" src="./styles/supernova/template/cookie.js"></script>

;)
hey i tried it still not working for me.
when i will be on PC I will take a look on it
aurquiel wrote:
mattconley2011 wrote:
dannyhrgl wrote:Image

what is causing this issue. I made all the correct changes and nothing. The above is not my site, but i found somone else having the same issue my site is below

http://www.stocksindemand.com
purge cache
refreash template themes and imagesets
I have the same problem i refreash every.

Help
wrong implemented css. Control steps refresh skin
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

prashantjcha wrote:hey i should say this a great mods thanks to you authors, i am having a problem with the wall. On mainpage just below the search box there is a friends online list, its showing nothing although i am having friends online in my mainpage im chat list which is working great.

Other problem that i am facing is with the user status, nothing is happening with load new and i cannot update status. When i type in some text in status box and hit enter it goes to a new line it is not getting submitted to the wall.

I am using supernova style, anybody got style switcher working with SN mod.
I look like that you have mainpage module disabled ;)
JS for mainpage is not loaded. When is not loaded expression S_ON_MAINPAGE. Look like you have problem in mainpage.php? Could you show me lines 43-47 of this file?
sleevedbiker

Post by sleevedbiker »

When I go to mainpage the title says (myforumname) - Mainpage. How do i change the title so it doesnt say main page.
You ride with an outlaw, You die with an outlaw
Solidjeuh
Name: Andy Dm

Post by Solidjeuh »

sleevedbiker wrote:When I go to mainpage the title says (myforumname) - Mainpage. How do i change the title so it doesnt say main page.

Code: Select all

language\en\mods\socialnet.php
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
sleevedbiker

Post by sleevedbiker »

Solidjeuh wrote:
sleevedbiker wrote:When I go to mainpage the title says (myforumname) - Mainpage. How do i change the title so it doesnt say main page.

worked. thanks bro.
Solidjeuh
Name: Andy Dm

Post by Solidjeuh »

sleevedbiker wrote:
Solidjeuh wrote:

worked. thanks bro.
SOA Forum! Nice! Love that serie!
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
sleevedbiker

Post by sleevedbiker »

Solidjeuh wrote:
sleevedbiker wrote:
Solidjeuh wrote:

worked. thanks bro.
SOA Forum! Nice! Love that serie!
actually the largest soa site/forum on the internet. I have an affiliation with 20th century fox now. and yes very good show.
xenofears

Post by xenofears »

Can someone help, avatars aren't working (mainpage or in chat, but I just want the chat and just disabled mainpage.) It says "user avatar" instead of putting the avatar and it's written over the user's name in the chat list, it's messy. I don't think you need a pic? Using prosilver_se but same problem with prosilver.

^^ EDIT: It seems to vary based on browser. Google Chrome shows a broken pic link, it works in IE8. I think I just want to find the avatar code and remove it as it seems quite broken at least in my setup.

Sorry, also, more importantly, a lot of people are reporting the chat is in the upper-left and not working properly as such, text is superimposed improperly, not properly separated by user, haven't seen a screenshot from a user yet, sounds very broken in such cases. Works fine for me in IE8, Google Chrome, and Firefox on the same PC. I tried using Safari on my gf's mac, and it says Chat (Undefined) after a very brief flash of the real chat (#) and there is no one in the online list. No one else has reported this yet. (I think this is just an issue with cookies/IP's being used more than once, I'm not worried about it at the moment.)

The problem with the upper-left and text not having a proper background has been reported with both Google Chrome and Safari. Weird?

I just tried it on my Blackberry and saw what it looks like. It's a mess, has a checkered green background (it also said Chat (Undefined), but had a user list, really weird.) I can't expect it to work on a Blackberry, just seeing what it looks like broken.

^^ Maybe it's not loading the CSS for some reason?

Other bugs: Chat user list seems to randomly pop open when switching pages, one user reports that she is now logged out often when using it? Random carriage returns in displayed chat messages (not TOO often), smilies have a delay before they are parsed.

EDIT AGAIN: I just wanted to say thanks to the devs for this.. I tried the Instant Messaging Mod that's similar and it has heaps of bugs, couldn't even get the thing to work even close to properly, after doing many fixes to the code to get it to work at all.

UPDATE: Randomly fixed for someone with Safari and then randomly broke again.. sounds REALLY weird?? Currently randomly working again.

sorry for the zillion edits..
Last edited by xenofears on Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
xenofears

Post by xenofears »

Ok, the author himself was so SUPER UBER nice to visit my site and check it out, THANK YOU!! And thank you for this mod!!

The avatar issue, as I found when reading back into the thread, is known and is due to a windows server issue, and will be fixed in the next release.

The totally broken issue happens when people connect with slow connections and the CSS stylesheet isn't loaded fast enough. He doesn't know of a solution at the moment.. can anyone help and maybe help the dude out himself in the process? Any way to get it to load first before the page, and force it to stay in the browser's cache and not get reloaded? Using Windows, Apache here, FYI.

To the author/anyone else experience these?: Please see the list of "other bugs" above for your use, not that require your individualized time to fix my problem. But anyone else is free to chime in on them if they know anything about them.

Thanks EVERYONE!
sleevedbiker

Post by sleevedbiker »

xenofears wrote:Ok, the author himself was so SUPER UBER nice to visit my site and check it out, THANK YOU!! And thank you for this mod!!

The avatar issue, as I found when reading back into the thread, is known and is due to a windows server issue, and will be fixed in the next release.

The totally broken issue happens when people connect with slow connections and the CSS stylesheet isn't loaded fast enough. He doesn't know of a solution at the moment.. can anyone help and maybe help the dude out himself in the process? Any way to get it to load first before the page, and force it to stay in the browser's cache and not get reloaded? Using Windows, Apache here, FYI.

To the author/anyone else experience these?: Please see the list of "other bugs" above for your use, not that require your individualized time to fix my problem. But anyone else is free to chime in on them if they know anything about them.

Thanks EVERYONE!
i agree. the author does a great job at giving support for his mod. they deserve donations at their site....
sleevedbiker

Post by sleevedbiker »

is there a way to post the user status in to the topic posts under their avatar?
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

xenofears wrote:Ok, the author himself was so SUPER UBER nice to visit my site and check it out, THANK YOU!! And thank you for this mod!!

Thanks EVERYONE!
What do you write above about problems id me unknown. Write simple in points.
sleevedbiker wrote:is there a way to post the user status in to the topic posts under their avatar?
I am looking for some way how to do that, but at this point are more important things on my to do list
sleevedbiker

Post by sleevedbiker »

theres actually a user status mod on here that might give you some ideas when you are ready to work on that.
Hope everything is coming along good..
xenofears

Post by xenofears »

Sorry, I didn't the mods wanted me double posting.

Other bugs: Chat user list seems to randomly pop open when switching pages, one user reports that she is now logged out often when using it? Random carriage returns in displayed chat messages (not TOO often), smilies have a delay before they are parsed.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”