[ABD] phpBB Social Network 0.7.2

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
sleevedbiker

Re: [RC] phpBB3 Social Network 0.5.1

Post by sleevedbiker »

xenofears wrote:Sorry, I didn't the mods wanted me double posting.

Other bugs: Chat user list seems to randomly pop open when switching pages, one user reports that she is now logged out often when using it? Random carriage returns in displayed chat messages (not TOO often), smilies have a delay before they are parsed.
this is fixed by clearing your cache and cookies on your browser.
You ride with an outlaw, You die with an outlaw

victory1

Post by victory1 »

Other bugs: Chat user list seems to randomly pop open when switching pages, one user reports that she is now logged out often when using it? Random carriage returns in displayed chat messages (not TOO often), smilies have a delay before they are parsed.
I had the problem with 5.0 with the chat constantly opening when going to a new page on some browsers not all. This is how I fixed it:

Cookie domain: .example.com (Note the dot at the beginning!)
So that's how I had it set-up and it was working on Firefox but not other browsers. The way I fixed it was I actually removed the dot at the front. So instead of Cookie domain: .example.com , I changed it to Cookie domain: example.com (no dot). That seems to fixed it for some reason. I have upgraded to 5.1 and the fix is still holding

xenofears

Post by xenofears »

sleevedbiker wrote:

Which is?

sleevedbiker

Post by sleevedbiker »

xenofears wrote:
sleevedbiker wrote:

Which is?

which is what? how to clear your cookies and cache in your browser?
You ride with an outlaw, You die with an outlaw

xenofears

Post by xenofears »

sleevedbiker wrote:
xenofears wrote:
sleevedbiker wrote:

Which is?

which is what? how to clear your cookies and cache in your browser?
Sorry, which bug is fixed by clearing cookies/cache?

EDIT: Bug (of sorts) - users are kept flagged as 'online' now even if they just have a browser window sitting open indefinitely, they are kept as 'active' by the IM. I imagine this ain't easy to change.

victory1

Post by victory1 »

xenofears wrote:
Sorry, which bug is fixed by clearing cookies/cache?

EDIT: Bug (of sorts) - users are kept flagged as 'online' now even if they just have a browser window sitting open indefinitely, they are kept as 'active' by the IM. I imagine this ain't easy to change.
I have the same problem with the active user problem!

scworldnetter

Post by scworldnetter »

Can someone post a URL where this can be downloaded? The currently posted URL doesn't work, it says "Come back tomorrow" and it's been that way for several days now.

Edit: just got note from author, apparently site is down and should be back up.

If someone could E-mail me the zip file, that would be greatly appreciated.

keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

xenofears wrote:... Bug (of sorts) - users are kept flagged as 'online' now even if they just have a browser window sitting open indefinitely, they are kept as 'active' by the IM. I imagine this ain't easy to change.
I don't think this is a bug. In addition, I like it as is :)

artikkk

Post by artikkk »

scworldnetter wrote:Can someone post a URL where this can be downloaded? The currently posted URL doesn't work, it says "Come back tomorrow" and it's been that way for several days now.

http://hotfile.com/dl/109693581/3f53ba1 ... 1.rar.html

Bye
sorry for my bad english :S

xenofears

Post by xenofears »

Alright.. Sadly, I've had to disable this :(

The IM, in combination with even very modest use of mChat, causes server overload.

I'm totally open to any ideas.. Windows + Apache..

Could using IM's jquery with mChat (required to get IM to work) be a possible cause?

Maybe disabling the IM in with the mChat custom window open (don't have it on the main page) would work?

Culprit

Post by Culprit »

scworldnetter wrote:Can someone post a URL where this can be downloaded? The currently posted URL doesn't work, it says "Come back tomorrow" and it's been that way for several days now.

We are waiting for change DNS records.
keith10456 wrote:
xenofears wrote:... Bug (of sorts) - users are kept flagged as 'online' now even if they just have a browser window sitting open indefinitely, they are kept as 'active' by the IM. I imagine this ain't easy to change.
I don't think this is a bug. In addition, I like it as is :)
It is not a bug.
xenofears wrote:Alright.. Sadly, I've had to disable this :(

The IM, in combination with even very modest use of mChat, causes server overload.

I'm totally open to any ideas.. Windows + Apache..

Could using IM's jquery with mChat (required to get IM to work) be a possible cause?

Maybe disabling the IM in with the mChat custom window open (don't have it on the main page) would work?
Whole problem of compatibility SN and mChat is in loading necessary JS code.
mChat adds to site your jQery core bottom of HEAD section.
SN adds to site your jQuery core above mChat adds. Above mChat adds are also the scripts for SN. When is again jQuery core loaded using mChat, are the scripts for SN blocked.

phreakwars

Post by phreakwars »

Just tested this out on localhost with phpbb 3.0.8 and automod. Installed with no problems except for the stylesheet addition that needed put in.

I like what I see so far. Once you get a subsilver2 version going, I'll absolutely run this on my forum.
MODS by me: Default Topic Icon

Trekky
Name: Lesley Reed

Post by Trekky »

I have added this to my test forum which is phpBB 3.0.8 using the automod and it went on a treat with the exception of the slight edit to get the mini-chat work with the chat feature on this mod.

My question is - is it good to go on a live forum yet as i'm confident enough to give it a go on mine? also how does it stand regards copyright from FB is this something i'll have to worry about if i set it live?

I got my moderators to check it out on the test forum and they thought it was fantastic just as i do really hope this is approved soon :D

xenofears

Post by xenofears »

Whole problem of compatibility SN and mChat is in loading necessary JS code.
mChat adds to site your jQery core bottom of HEAD section.
SN adds to site your jQuery core above mChat adds. Above mChat adds are also the scripts for SN. When is again jQuery core loaded using mChat, are the scripts for SN blocked.
Yeah I am aware of this and fixed it as per what previous users reported here as previously reported, didn't use mChat's jquery, only SN's. They were both fully functional with it. That isn't my problem, unless using only SN's jquery causes mChat to cause server overload.

The overloading (not bandwidth, not sure exactly what it is, seems like CPU,) was now fixed by removing the IM from the mChat custom page.

I want to try to use only the latest jquery everywhere, see if that won't fix the issue. But I can't find where SN loads it's jquery-1.4.4.min.js? It's not in im.html? -- EDIT: found it in overall_header_hooks and tried it, didn't fix the problem.
Last edited by xenofears on Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

Trekky wrote:... also how does it stand regards copyright from FB is this something i'll have to worry about if i set it live?...
I highly doubt that copyright is an issue.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”