[ABD] phpBB Social Network 0.7.2

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
grzesiek1925

Re: [RC] phpBB3 Social Network 0.6.0

Post by grzesiek1925 »

Hi,

I have a problem with this mod... installed correctly, but I chat does not work (it does not show my friends) and I can not write anything in the mainpage. Anyone knows how to fix it?
I have a phpbb 3.0.9

superj707

Post by superj707 »

hi friends.. any updates?
I have been holding off updating to 3.0.9 because I know social network 0.6.0 doesn't work with it.

I can hardly wait for your new version.

victory1

Post by victory1 »

superj707 wrote:hi friends.. any updates?
I have been holding off updating to 3.0.9 because I know social network 0.6.0 doesn't work with it.

I can hardly wait for your new version.
I've update to 3.0.9 the 2nd day it was released and SN works fine with it. Except for I'm no longer getting any kind of notifications.

KarGoManiA

Post by KarGoManiA »

I have a phpbb 3.0.9 website and I want this mod in my forum :(
When you fix for 3.0.9 ? I'm staying

Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica »

it should install on 3.0.9. you might have to make adjustments or something but it should work on 3.0.9
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

darkonia

Post by darkonia »

KarGoManiA wrote:I have a phpbb 3.0.9 website and I want this mod in my forum :(
When you fix for 3.0.9 ? I'm staying
The Social net runs like a flavour on phpbb 3.0.9

so when you have any problems or style issues, pls feel free to post on our official support forums

http://socialnetwork.phpbb3hacks.com/index.php

:ugeek:
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

KarGoManiA

Post by KarGoManiA »

Thank u darkonia and jesschen :P

eXo`

Post by eXo` »

Installed SN 0.6.0 on phpbb 3.0.9 prosilver based and chat not showing, user status not working, when enabling the FRAM module, it automatically sends 7-8 PM friend invites to random users...

Kamahl19
Name: Martin

Post by Kamahl19 »

It does not work because you have included 2 jQuery files in your header. Then jQuery does not work.

It does not send random PMs. It sent friend requests, because there were users who added you as a friend, therefor Friends management system sent them a requests

Alien_Time

Post by Alien_Time »

honestly I have no idea where some people get these info from...I am using phpbb 3.0.9 as well and I just installed this MOD v0.6.0 about 3 weeks ago and it works absolutely fine...Yes, I did come across the common problems, but this link should help you guys solve most of the conflicts and common issues you may have with this MOD: http://socialnetwork.phpbb3hacks.com/vi ... 98&start=0

Alien_Time

Post by Alien_Time »

Hi Kamahl
It does not send random PMs. It sent friend requests, because there were users who added you as a friend, therefor Friends management system sent them a requests
its good you mentioned this cuz I was wondering the same..I found this strange behaviour after I installed this MOD...some members received some random friend's request when the friend didnt even send the request. This was very few only. Maybe 1 or 2 friend's request messages for some users and not all! I was able to confirm this cuz when I installed this MOD on my site, I did not show the link to any users and there is NO CHANCE that my users knew about the mainpage feature at all. But 1 minute later after I installed the MOD, I received 2 friends request from my users who were not even online at that time and they dont even know me. it was weird and I was not sure why and how it happened! Also, at that time I received a friend's request from a moderator and she confirmed that she did not add me as a friend at all!

honestly speaking, it really did not bother me too much..I think, this is good in some ways since it gets some users started on this new feature and the whole idea is building friends and social network. This happened only once during the first installation and ever since then this mod has been working flawlessly. just thought I will share my experience with this random PMs....no biggie but just wondering why...that all...

BTW I cant wait for the next version to be released!!

cheers..

KarGoManiA

Post by KarGoManiA »

I setup mod, All edits/uploads are right

I can add new friend, I can accept friend requests

---But I can't share a thing in my wall (bottom of profile)
---And Online Friends List and also chat doesnt work :(

http://i51.tinypic.com/13yqd6s.png
Last edited by KarGoManiA on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darkonia

Post by darkonia »

Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

mdtom

Post by mdtom »

thanks for this MOD!!

i have install 0.2.0 last year
And now...
i will try this later

Thanks!!
i love phpBB
Let's make it better !!

》Welcome to my web / Joomla Blog

darkonia

Post by darkonia »

Check out the new Addons-Forum, there is a bunch of new sn-addons there.

http://socialnetwork.phpbb3hacks.com/viewforum.php?f=33

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”