[ABD] phpBB Social Network 0.7.2

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
novanilla

Re: [RC] phpBB3 Social Network 0.6.2

Post by novanilla »

That's a good question, *Dan. I think this just makes a lot of queries. There are ways to trim it a bit, I think, and they're doing a good job of trying to speed things up I think.

Danielx64
Name: Daniel

Post by Danielx64 »

novanilla wrote:That's a good question, *Dan. I think this just makes a lot of queries. There are ways to trim it a bit, I think, and they're doing a good job of trying to speed things up I think.
I managed to get the menory use down by installing xcache on the server and that made a big different now it about 1.05MB on the index page

Just the SQL to sort out
Please note that I will not be porting any of my mods to phpBB 3.1. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

novanilla

Post by novanilla »

*Daniel wrote:
novanilla wrote:That's a good question, *Dan. I think this just makes a lot of queries. There are ways to trim it a bit, I think, and they're doing a good job of trying to speed things up I think.
I managed to get the menory use down by installing xcache on the server and that made a big different now it about 1.05MB on the index page

Just the SQL to sort out
I'm interested to know what you find out. I don't know how to manage the SQL issues, and I've had some max_user_connections errors when there's only a few members on our site. I don't know that it's this mod, but I do know that over half of the SQL queries are made from SN files.

Danielx64

Post by Danielx64 »

novanilla wrote:
*Daniel wrote:

Just the SQL to sort out
I'm interested to know what you find out. I don't know how to manage the SQL issues, and I've had some max_user_connections errors when there's only a few members on our site. I don't know that it's this mod, but I do know that over half of the SQL queries are made from SN files.
Well right now I'm trying to see if I can edit this mod and remove everything that we don't need. Even though most of the other features are turned off, there still sql going to those features to see if the feature is turned on or off.

Ok, we may only save 3 or so sql statement, it will make a different. And if we are lucky, the menory use may go down even more.

Also are you on shared server or a VPS?
Please note that I will not be porting any of my mods to phpBB 3.1. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

novanilla

Post by novanilla »

Shared server, and I LIKE all the features of SN, so... I doubt I can be helped. ;-)

My host has offered me a VPS, but the cost won't be justified until this has become a really bad issue for me.

Danielx64

Post by Danielx64 »

novanilla wrote:Shared server, and I LIKE all the features of SN, so... I doubt I can be helped. ;-)

My host has offered me a VPS, but the cost won't be justified until this has become a really bad issue for me.

That would explain your issue, because your sharing the server with others, who also may have a large site or 2 it going to affect everyone on that server.

For now I'm going to need to head off and work on this later. If the worse come, I may put a 3rd server in.

victory1

Post by victory1 »

novanilla wrote:Shared server, and I LIKE all the features of SN, so... I doubt I can be helped. ;-)

I have shared host and have installed this mod the 2nd day it was released. I have had no problems. They are having a 40% off special. Stable Host

novanilla

Post by novanilla »

victory1 wrote:

I have shared host and have installed this mod the 2nd day it was released. I have had no problems. They are having a 40% off special. Stable Host
Thanks, I understand. My host isn't unstable. I very possibly have a javascript conflict that I've given up resolving, because of several large mods and some jquery used by my style. I also think my gallery makes quite a few SQL queries, and that just piles on.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I just found out the net cost increase for a VPS through my host will only be about $15. It's looking more attractive now. ;-)

Kaycee

Post by Kaycee »

I installed successfully as shown by the image. But when refresh the style shows error.

Never mind. i have to upload the folder one after the other. The style is back. Sorry for this post.

Jorup16
Name: Jorge

Post by Jorup16 »

Nice mod.

Kamahl19
Name: Martin

Post by Kamahl19 »

Thank you

iNomadz

Post by iNomadz »

can this mod be easily integrated with auto mod?

Thunderer

Post by Thunderer »

@ iNomadz

It installed under automod for me without issue if that's what you wanted to know.

System seems stable on a heavy modded board, I would just like the chat to be working, a different "Main Page", not to mention a different "mainpage" name..........

Other than those little "moans", It's fantastic. It integrates a number of "Mods" that otherwise would have to be installed separately which is a major bonus.

victory1

Post by victory1 »

@Thunderer, the IM has been completely rewritten in the next version and also the mainpage has been renamed. The next version is still under heavy testing since this mod is never released if it's not stable.

Thunderer

Post by Thunderer »

victory1 wrote:@Thunderer, the IM has been completely rewritten in the next version and also the mainpage has been renamed. The next version is still under heavy testing since this mod is never released if it's not stable.
AAhhhh, thats some good news :)

Any hint as to the new name for "mainpage"?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”