[ABD] phpBB Social Network 0.7.2

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
HerzeleidMeister
Name: Len Kaiser

Re: [RC] phpBB Social Network 0.7.2

Post by HerzeleidMeister »

First off I worked as a web designer for many years so its not like I have no clue about code and what have you. You idea of "Support" is seriously lacking. I'm glad that this is not a paid for script/program I'd be really pissed then. Thankfully this is just a hobby site.
Kamahl19 wrote:Again, you are not supposed to edit style via ACP.
Ok fine whatever. The css is something that I can fix. So I've learned something here. No biggie I'll fix it.
Kamahl19 wrote:If you delete all SN files, redo all edits and uninstall changes from DB with script, there will be nothing left from SN in your forum so you wont have to fix anything.
Erm I used AutoMOD it AUTOMATICALLY deleted the files and AUTOMATICALLY took out any and all edits that were made. I checked to ensure that all the files had been deleted. So that statement really does not even matter.
Kamahl19 wrote:And again, you did not followed instructions. It is sayd dozens times in this topic, in support forum and other places, that you have to remove all others jQuery libraries included by other MODs.

WHERE did it say IN THE INSTRUCTIONS to remove jquery items from the board???? PLEASE BY ALL means point it out to me because I MUST be blind and not see it when I open the install.xml file up in my browser or possibly Firefox is misplacing only that part in the install file. There are 174 pages of posts here in this forum for this mod, I do not have time to read EVERYTHING in this topic and I'm quite sure there are other people who do not have that kind of time either. How can you know that jquery maybe a potential problem if its NOT listed in the first original post for this mod? Osmosis? ESP? Why would I conduct a search for jquery in this topic unless there was some sort of disclaimer in the original mod post telling me it might be a potential problem? There is absolutely NO WAY someone would know that. If you are wondering why everyone keeps on saying they have an issue and you have to keep on telling them to uninstall any other jquery code from their board that is why, they have no idea because its not easy to find it. Its NOT in the first post, nor in the instructions NOR is it on your home page in those instructions that you steer everyone toward! Where on that page does it say that you have to remove jquery?!?!? Again my Firefox must be slipping and I must have missed it.
Kamahl19 wrote:And that other MODs wont show in new user profile. In SN forum, there are many MODs edited so that they show also in SN user profile. You would find them if you would search..

WHERE in the description/installation do we get this info???? That is the first I've heard of all my other mods NOT displaying because of this mod. There should be something in the original post about this overwriting any and all mods that you have installed that have been placed in your profile! Again, how are you supposed to search 174 pages for something that you were not aware of and have no idea what is causing the issues. The only thing that most people realize is its somehow made a mess out of their board.

Now I suppose I will have to start over and redo everything since this has completely screwed up my board. I guess I will definitely keep in mind making a complete backup before installing any thing else on my board.
Kamahl19
Name: Martin

Post by Kamahl19 »

As a web designer, you should know that you can not have more jQueries included in one page. There is a announcement on our support forum about solving the common problems http://phpbbsocialnetwork.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=598 . You could also ask before uninstalling and I would tell you where is the problem.

In install_mod.xml there is written this
Before adding this MOD to your forum, you should back up all files and databases related to this MOD.
And this
This MOD is development quality. It is not recommended that you install it on a live forum.
I dont care about the other MODs. There are hundreds of them for phpBB3, I cant make a MOD which changes phpBB so much and is compatible with all other MODs.

Moreover, dont wait a support if you dont ask for it. You only wrote this
DO NOT use this mod it broke my board and now I have to completely redo the CSS of the skin!!!!!!!!! DO NOT use this on a 3.12 board EVER!
The only thing I can tell you is "You screwed something or the MOD is not compatible with your phpbb installation because of MODs or other edits". You did not give us your URL nor detailed description of your problem.
dattigerle

Post by dattigerle »

I have, if i wanna add a friend, in the header the notice:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/socialnet/ucp/ucp_approval.php on line 464: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

kamahl, you know how to fix this? I search now for hours to fix this but cant find a fix :-/

My Board: 3.0.12
SN: 0.7.2

Both new installs ... other mods installes is the actuall board3portal mod.

Greets,
Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 »

Try to disable and enable friends management module in ACP - SN
dattigerle

Post by dattigerle »

I did kamahl, and its the same :( This is the only error i have in sn mod :(

I saw that in dev boad there are some errors too, if i wanna send friend request ... but that are other errors in dev board :(

Greets,
Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 »

Have you downloaded the SN from github or from official page?
dattigerle

Post by dattigerle »

from official sn page kamahl :)

greets,
superj707

Post by superj707 »

I recently deleted all my phpbb files but kept my database. I am using fresh phpbb files and reinstalling my mods.
When I try to install phpbb social network I get a blank install screen.
What is going on here? please help

superj707

Post by superj707 »

after putzing around for awhile I was able to get something different.
Now I get a blank white screen with the following errors on the install screen.
I think I need a script that wipes out SN and then reinstalls all of it.

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/socialnet/includes/socialnet.php on line 189: Undefined index: sn_dialog_browseroutdated
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/socialnet/includes/sn_core_entry.php on line 38: Undefined index: ap_show_new_friendships
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/socialnet/includes/sn_core_entry.php on line 42: Undefined index: ap_show_profile_updated
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/socialnet/includes/sn_core_entry.php on line 46: Undefined index: ap_show_new_family
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/socialnet/includes/sn_core_entry.php on line 50: Undefined index: ap_show_new_relationship
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/socialnet/notify.php on line 77: Undefined index: ntf_life
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/socialnet/notify.php on line 78: Undefined index: ntf_checktime

oh and now my adm control panel looks like the screen shot above. -_-
superj707

Post by superj707 »

so I deleted all the sn tables and now I get sql errors on the install page

Code: Select all

Table 'htb_basic.phpbb_sn_config' doesn't exist [1146]
why is it looking for that instead of just installing? GRRRRrrr im going through hell here.

EDIT: I am back to the screen shot above on the install page. -_-
Last edited by superj707 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
superj707

Post by superj707 »

So I just reinstalled NV Gallery mod and the installer looked at my DB has an "upgrade" option.
It went through, and made all the correct changes to the db, fixed any of the old things and went off with out a hitch. It worked perfectly.
Social Network on the other hand is a disaster. SN needs a much smarter install system. It's literally impossible to reinstall this thing. I believe I had ver6.0 before but now I've gone through and dropped all phpbb_sn_xxxxx tables. Still the installer doesn't work. I've been pulling my hair out for 2 days. Am I ever going to be able to have SN working on my site again?
Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 »

I really dont know what you did :) SN installer is exactly the same as all MOD installers. It uses UMIL.

Try to delete all changes in DB made by SN. You can look into SN install script and go line by line and delete all tables and all changes in other tables + delete SN version from config table.
superj707

Post by superj707 »

I actually deleted the config ver and every table starting with prefix sn
That should be everything. no luck with that.
sherl0ck
Name: Alex Fryschyn

Post by sherl0ck »

SH
sgtsandman
Name: SGT Sandman

Post by sgtsandman »

Installed it with automod on 3.12 with no errors. Works perfect. ;)
THEWATCHMEN - WSD 246th 2nd Recon.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”