[ABD] phpBB Social Network 0.7.2

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Danielx64
Name: Daniel

Re: [RC] phpBB Social Network 0.7.2

Post by Danielx64 »

Pond Life wrote:With the help of ZB Block and it's author, a potential security risk with this mod has been found.

The discovery was made when someone tried to cancel a friend request and it triggered ZB Block, the query string responsible was:

Code: Select all

i=socialnet&mode=module_approval_friends&module=friends&cancel=1&cancel_request[]= <rest removed because it contains user id and is not relevant to this issue> 
First I asked on the ZB Block forum, if this was simply a compatibility issue then a custom signature might help. The reply I got said that I should contact the mod author and tell him that he needs to get rid of the brackets [ ].
Zaphod wrote:In PHP variables, brackets are for array definition. If he is passing raw arrays through the URL, he's asking for a major exploit. What should be passed in URLs, is commands only. If reserved characters are needed, then they should always be escaped! Please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percent-encoding for more information. In this case however, the escaping would not be acceptable, as the variable form, cuts WAY TOO CLOSE to the danger bone, as it contains verbatim the name of a global variable.
This was the first time I had installed a mod that was still in development but now I have seen for myself why it's not a good idea I will not be doing that again. The mod has now been removed from my site.
It's sad to see that the author have not responded to my PMs about this or posted in here.
Please note that I will not be porting any of my mods to phpBB 3.1. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.
Kamahl19
Name: Martin

Post by Kamahl19 »

I can assure you, there is no security error in phpBB Social Network 0.7.2
fifahub

Post by fifahub »

Hi Kamahl! This is a great mod and, although it is only a beta version, it works perfectly.
My board users love the instant messaging service!

There is only an issue: it is disabled in smartphones.
I followed the discussion in your board and I know that it is disabled with the low resolutions (<720px), but I want to know if is possible to do an im version compatible with Artodia Mobile and SEO style , fullscreen like facebook mobile im:

I hope you can help me, thank you for your reply,
victory1

Post by victory1 »

Is anyone else having problems with the IM on 3.0.12? Since updating, no one on my board has been able to receive messages. You can send it out but it's not received. I have not installed any mods and the only thing I've done the past week was update from 3.0.11 to 3.0.12. thanks
rayminator
Name: raymond green

Post by rayminator »

victory1 wrote:Is anyone else having problems with the IM on 3.0.12? Since updating, no one on my board has been able to receive messages. You can send it out but it's not received. I have not installed any mods and the only thing I've done the past week was update from 3.0.11 to 3.0.12. thanks
it's working just fine for me
SüKûT

Re: [RC] phpBB Social Network 0.7.2 - User profile music?

Post by SüKûT »

user_profile_tab_info.html open
find:

<!-- IF MUSIC --><dt>{L_SN_UP_MUSIC}:</dt> <dd<!-- IF S_OWN_PROFILE --> class="sn-up-editable {input:'textarea',name:'up-music',max:1024}"<!-- ENDIF -->>{MUSIC}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->
replace:

<!-- IF MUSIC --><dt>{L_SN_UP_MUSIC}:</dt> <dd<!-- IF S_OWN_PROFILE --> class="sn-up-editable {input:'textarea',name:'up-music',max:1024}"<!-- ENDIF -->>
				<div class="column1">
					<dl class="details">
						<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://kiwi6.com/swf/player.swf" id="audioplayer" height="24" width="240" allowscriptaccess="always">
						<param name="movie" value="http://kiwi6.com/swf/player.swf" />
						<param name="FlashVars" value="playerID=audioplayer&soundFile={MUSIC}&autostart=yes" />
						<param name="quality" value="high" />
						<param name="menu" value="false" />
						<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />
						<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
						</object>
					</dl>
				</div>	
			  </dd><!-- ENDIF -->

http://www.sukutforum.com/profile.php?u=2
testuser username: testuser
testuser password: 12345a

Currently working in the visible parts in the picture. But I showed them where I want to get to. What should I do?
SüKûT

Post by SüKûT »

up...
SüKûT

Post by SüKûT »

refresh...
victory1

Post by victory1 »

Updated to 7.2 and so far everything seems to be going good. I was putting it off since it's a lot of work for me to update since I have an extra tab in profile.
victory1

Post by victory1 »

I'm having a few issues with Chrome on a Windows 7 computer and on my ipad on safari, Mercury, and Photon Browsers. The IM keeps disappearing. It has not appeared in Safari at all on the iPad but the other 2 browsers, it loads and disappear once you start changing pages. It happens in Chrome occasionally also. anyone else having this problem? Thanks
HerzeleidMeister
Name: Len Kaiser

Post by HerzeleidMeister »

DO NOT use this mod it broke my board and now I have to completely redo the CSS of the skin!!!!!!!!! DO NOT use this on a 3.12 board EVER!
Holger

Post by Holger »

No backup? :shock:

I am using this mod and it works very good.
You might have done something wrong?!
Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 »

1. of course it broke your forum because you did not follow the instructions. It is working great on approximately 20 000 boards by our statistics so please find where YOU did the mistake, dont blame the MOD
2. you dont have to redo your CSS, phpBB Social Network does not modify your CSS in any way. Actually, phpbb SN does not modify your board almost at all. The only think you should have done when you decided you dont want to was to redo few edits in your files
3. It seems like you are modifying your CSS and templates via ACP. DONT do it, or you will lose your edits. It was says hundreds times.
HerzeleidMeister
Name: Len Kaiser

Post by HerzeleidMeister »

I DID NOT install it wrong. It installed fine. When I went and uninstalled it was when it broke the board. I cleared the cache, I've cleared the template cache and lost my css. Now as a result my profiles on the forum are not working properly I sent a friend request before I installed this mod and when the member clicked on the link in email to accept it they got this error message.

Module not accessible

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 439
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/ucp.php
LINE: 394
CALL: p_master->load_active()
So now my profile stuff is ALSO messed up!

I have no idea how I'm supposed to fix this now.

Also it does NOT play well with other mods at all. I have many things installed that are within the profile area and when I had this installed NONE of them showed. It completely overwrites your current profile so if you have a really seriously modded board with lots of profile stuff already on it, probably best NOT to install this one since it takes over and does not allow anything else to show.
Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 »

Again, you are not supposed to edit style via ACP.

If you delete all SN files, redo all edits and uninstall changes from DB with script, there will be nothing left from SN in your forum so you wont have to fix anything.

And again, you did not followed instructions. It is sayd dozens times in this topic, in support forum and other places, that you have to remove all others jQuery libraries included by other MODs. And that other MODs wont show in new user profile. In SN forum, there are many MODs edited so that they show also in SN user profile. You would find them if you would search..

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”