[ABD] phpBB Social Network 0.7.2

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
victory1

Re: [RC] phpBB3 Social Network 0.5.1

Post by victory1 »

mattconley2011 wrote:when i click older posts, the older posts do not show.
It does not work for me either. It just say Javascript:// and nothing.
mattconley2011

Post by mattconley2011 »

it worked in version 0.5.0 but not this version
victory1

Post by victory1 »

mattconley2011 wrote:I want to add to the footer, but i cant find a footer file
I don't know why they did a function instead of just adding it to the overall_footer? It's messing my footer for my Portal and it did not have to do that. :?
dubca2

Post by dubca2 »

mattconley2011 wrote:I want to add to the footer, but i cant find a footer file
You probably deleted it while following the upgrade instructions...
goinv8huntin
Name: john doe

Post by goinv8huntin »

So I went ahead and uninstalled 5.0, installed, 5.1, all went smooth, except for the buddy list. In firefox, it doesn't even come up (but it does show the count of people logged in), in IE, it comes up a little, but not enough to see the users (also shows correct number of logged in users).

I only had the IM module enabled, without friends approval, and allowing the entire forum to IM rather than friends only.

Seems like the only time the buddy list works and expands, is if I enable the main page, AND I try to expand from the main page. If I try to expand from anywhere else on the forum, It's the same as before, no buddy list.

Any ideas?

-Update-

I tinkered around, found out it was your copyright in the JS that was erroring out, so I have temporarily removed it, and seems like the buddy list is now listing the logged on users, and expanding as it should.

Now the only issue is that when I click on the test user, i can send and IM, but the test user never receives the IM, until on the test user account, i open the buddy list, and click on the senders name.

Seems like a jquery update issue?
Exp: HTML/CSS/PHP/SQL
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

Sorry for that, here is the FIX http://socialnetwork.phpbb3hacks.com/vi ... p=991#p991

Package has been also updated.
ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew »

Looks very interesting and like a great plan installing now on a new install for testing it etc cheers
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it
helloclan13

Post by helloclan13 »

Is this just in my mind?, or have anyone not thought about to create a notification system for mainpage status shares by using the subscribe or message scripts?
I came here to chew bubblegum and write code, and im all out of bubblegum.
ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew »

ok did a quick install and all seems good ;)
did not notice a "like" system in it though for statuses etc would be easy enough to add to the html though via same scripts found here http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... ike+button except using the status id etc instead of forum id and so on?

Something like below

Code: Select all

<div style="margin-bottom:4px"><iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.YOURSITE.com%2Fforum%2Fmainpage.php?&{STATUS_ID_PULL_HERE_SOMEHOW}&layout=standard&show_faces=true&width=450&action=like&colorscheme=light&height=80" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:450px; height:80px;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></div>
your site and forum chanegd to your paths and site name
Hmm found my first bug maybe ?
When you get the PM for friend accept...
"uneverre wants to be your friend

Sent: 25 Feb 2011 12:12
To: ThunderCrew
uneverre sent you a friend request.
You can accept or deny this request here Manage friends."
When I clicked on manage friend VIA the pm link I got "no output file specified" as an error ?
Was this perhaps because she added me as friend via phpbb normal friend list before installing this ?

Yup that was it because I tested now and it is ok ;) just happens if someone add friend via phpbb before this installed
Last edited by ThunderCrew on Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it
goinv8huntin
Name: john doe

Post by goinv8huntin »

Culprit wrote:
Sorry for that, here is the FIX http://socialnetwork.phpbb3hacks.com/vi ... p=991#p991

Package has been also updated.
This pretty much fixed the buddy list issue, but I still have the issue below:

Now the only issue is that when I click on the test user, i can send and IM, but the test user never receives the IM, until on the test user account, i open the buddy list, and click on the senders name.

Seems like a jquery update issue?
Exp: HTML/CSS/PHP/SQL
ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew »

Test 1 of my attempts for described post a few up ^^^

Managed to get it in proper place it shows up after each status.
Issues
1. of course when it post to your FB wall with comment it just links to your main page ie site/directory/mainpage.php

2. also for some reason it was pulling likes from FB :lol: it says me and 9 others like it but no one is on my site at the moment to be clicking like from my site so not sure how it kicked upto 9 unless it is counting likes from FB of my liked wall post :lol: also it showed the same info under each status and not just the one I clicked like on.

It's a start I guess :D let me know if you are already working on it yourself for future releases just dabbling with it in my downloaded package to see what's what
dubca2

Post by dubca2 »

You know what's funny? It's telling me to "upgrade" to 0.5.0 :lol:
Kamahl19
Name: Martin

Post by Kamahl19 »

dubca2 wrote:You know what's funny? It's telling me to "upgrade" to 0.5.0 :lol:
fixed :) thanks.
dubca2

Post by dubca2 »

Kamahl19 wrote:
dubca2 wrote:You know what's funny? It's telling me to "upgrade" to 0.5.0 :lol:
fixed :) thanks.
No problem, love the mod.
Agnostik

Post by Agnostik »

This is a great mod (thank you!), but what if you only want to use the IM feature. I know I can turn off the other modules, but still the overall_header_hook.html file generates A LOT of javascript calls. Here is just the first cluster:

<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_SOCIALNET_JS_PATH}/jquery-1.4.4.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_SOCIALNET_JS_PATH}/jquery-ui-1.8.9.custom.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_SOCIALNET_JS_PATH}/jquery.tools.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_SOCIALNET_JS_PATH}/jquery.hoverIntent.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_SOCIALNET_JS_PATH}/jquery.text-overflow.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_SOCIALNET_JS_PATH}/jquery_cookie.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_SOCIALNET_JS_PATH}/jquery.timers.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_SOCIALNET_JS_PATH}/jquery.titlealert.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_SOCIALNET_JS_PATH}/jquery.textarea-expander.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_SOCIALNET_JS_PATH}/jquery.watermark.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_SOCIALNET_JS_PATH}/m.confirmbox.js"></script>

I will remove the first script call as I already have jQuery installed (no need to run duplicates). What should I keep in this group above if I won't be using anything other than the IM feature?

Thanks!

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”