[ABD] phpBB Social Network 0.7.2

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
browser123

Re: [RC] phpBB3 Social Network 0.6.2

Post by browser123 »

I found it to be a huge security issue that any user can read a posters warnings, i removed it from the profile.php by taking out the relative sections, the fact that is shows the IP address to anyone is a huge no no

EDIT - USER SHOULD BE ABLE TO DELETE COMMENTS OF THEIR OWN WALL AS WELL
EDIT x2 - Bug (when watching a video - it leaves a shadow of the smaller video)
Edit x 3

Open: language/en/ucp.php
Find:

Code: Select all

'UCP_ZEBRA'                        => 'Friends & Foes',  
Replace with:

'UCP_ZEBRA'                        => 'Manage Foes',  

klavis

Post by klavis »

Hi, first about all - thanks for the great mod!

Is there any way to disable all the sounds from the instant messenger as admin for all users?
Thanks in advance!

maxwell2

Post by maxwell2 »

which version you plan to add a gallery? :)

Tombc1234

Post by Tombc1234 »

Hi there,

First off, congrats on the mod, looks sweet :D

I'm interested in certain aspects of the mod, but don't want the entire visual overhaul. Ideally I'd just like to run the Instant Chat, User Status and Friend's Activity Feed features.

For those familiar with the workings of this mod, how easy would it be to dissect it and achieve something like that? Would it be a case of installing it and just deleting all the visuals except for the features I want displayed?

There are plenty of status, activity feed mods etc. that would do but none seem to work with 3.0.10 or don't have the full features I'm looking for.

Oh and also, can anyone recommend me an SEO mod that is compatible with this?

AND (sorry) Will a user be notified in the activity feed and notifications when a friend changes their profile info/custom profile fields? Will a user be notified when a friend's Rank changes?

Thanks,

Tom

Kamahl19
Name: Martin

Post by Kamahl19 »

Hi,

you cna disable every single module of this MOD so you should be able to achieve what you need.

Tombc1234

Post by Tombc1234 »

Kamahl19 wrote:Hi,

you cna disable every single module of this MOD so you should be able to achieve what you need.
Fantastic, just what I wanted to hear :)

Sorry to repeat myself, but does anyone know of any SEO mods that this is compatible with?

Thanks,

Tom

Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 »

Tombc1234 wrote:

Sorry to repeat myself, but does anyone know of any SEO mods that this is compatible with?

Thanks,

Tom
I dont know, I dont use SEO MODs. You should install the most favourite SEO MOD and test it together.

Tombc1234

Post by Tombc1234 »

Kamahl19 wrote:
Tombc1234 wrote:

Thanks,

Tom
I dont know, I dont use SEO MODs. You should install the most favourite SEO MOD and test it together.
Ok cool, well what I'll do is install Social Network and then the most favoured SEO mod out there and I'll get back to you and let you know if it's compatible or not, just in case anyone else has the same question.

Also, will things like changes in a user's rank, earning a medal, changing avatar and editing profile info come up in the activity feed?

MixMechanics

Post by MixMechanics »

Hi mate,

Just a quick question about the Social network mod, which is awesome by the way, can you take a look at it on my site for me please? I can't seem to find the chat or status feature which is enabled in ACP, also on the mainpage the loading image just keeps loading, I have installed it with the prosilver base template on my tweaked template, there was one part of the installation which didn't work because the in find and in line part of the prosilver overall header is not in the header at all, everything else seems to be working fine on there though and I am very happy with it, my board is relatively new so we only have a couple of members so far.

the board URL is http://www.mixmechanics.co.uk/forum

Thanks in advance.

MixMechanics

Post by MixMechanics »

Hi, sorry also now I notice the accept friends feature is not working for some reason, neither are the check and uncheck all links. Also when you change your relationship status, it keeps adding the new status next to the old status, is this right?

Thanks in advance

Keefy

Re: [RC] phpBB3 Social Network 0.6.1

Post by Keefy »

ibraronaldo wrote:Error PCA

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /socialnet/includes/functions.php on line 1439: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: Entity: line 1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /socialnet/includes/functions.php on line 1439: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: Destination host forbidden
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /socialnet/includes/functions.php on line 1439: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: ^
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /socialnet/includes/functions.php on line 1443: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
:shock:

Edit:problem solved

Im getting similar in the ACP if I click on the SYSTEM tab, how did you solve your problem?

It was working so ive no idea what happened, also if I now click on the SOCIAL NETWORK tab in the ACP I get a page not found. Over the weekend my hosting had some problems and I found some .htaccess files on my server which should have not been there, they have been removed now and my ftp password changed, I wonder if this as got anything to do with the problem, I only use the IM Chat of the mod and that seems to be still working ok.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/socialnet/includes/functions.php on line 1439: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: Entity: line 6: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: hr line 5 and body
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/socialnet/includes/functions.php on line 1439: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: </body>
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/socialnet/includes/functions.php on line 1439: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: ^
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/socialnet/includes/functions.php on line 1439: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: Entity: line 7: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: body line 3 and html
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/socialnet/includes/functions.php on line 1439: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: </html>
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/socialnet/includes/functions.php on line 1439: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: ^
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/socialnet/includes/functions.php on line 1439: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: Entity: line 8: parser error : Premature end of data in tag html line 1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/socialnet/includes/functions.php on line 1439: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: 
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/socialnet/includes/functions.php on line 1443: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

Professional

Post by Professional »

can it be installed on 3.0.7 PL1 ?
another hnig what about for sub silver 2 style?
انجمن تخصصی نسل جدید موبایل ها
My Mobile Forum: M4P Forum
Every Thing That U Feel,Is Every Thing That I Feel.

Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 »

Professional wrote:can it be installed on 3.0.7 PL1 ?
another hnig what about for sub silver 2 style?
Yes it is compatibile with all 3.0.x versions because there are just few phpbb edits.

We are not working on subsilver style

Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 »

We have just released Alpha 2 version for our testers. I hope we will release beta, RC and final version of 0.6.3 soon, but we want to test it properly so that there will be no serious bug.

There is a lot you can be looking forward to in version 0.6.3 . Big part of Social Network has been rewritten in order to improve it, to speed it up, to make it much more user friendly and to prepare it for upcoming premium addons.

Ephemeraboy
Name: Bernando Bona Tius Sianipar

Post by Ephemeraboy »

so kamal
when do you release it to mod database release?
thanks so much kamal
My diary, my notepad, and my life on
http://www.bonatius.com
My online shop at
http://www.nefara.com

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”