[ABD] Subject Prefix

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
tbackoff
Former Team Member
Name: Tabitha Backoff

Re: [ALPHA] Subject Prefix

Post by tbackoff » Fri May 21, 2010 2:03 pm

Erik Frèrejean wrote:
t_backoff wrote:Ability for moderators to change subject prefix via quick-mod tools (a good use would be "solved" :P )
How do you envision this? A second dropdown with the prefixes? I'm not sure how to implement this and still allow it to be "quick" simply adding all prefixes to the quick mod box only clutters this.
I'm thinking a second dropdown menu (under the quick-mod tools) that loads all the prefixes that are allowed in the forum. It could be labeled "change prefix:" and then the options and a "go" button. You're right, adding all prefixes to the quick-mod tools would clutter it, so a second dropdown menu is probably best.
Flying is the second best thrill to cheerleaders; being caught is the first.

piv91
Name: Artyom Pivovarov

Post by piv91 » Fri May 21, 2010 2:50 pm

How it is possible to add forum access rights to it a fashion that is that fashions it was accessible only to certain groups at a forum?
Sorry for my terrible english

Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member
Name: Erik Frèrejean

Post by Erik Frèrejean » Fri May 21, 2010 3:03 pm

Erik Frèrejean wrote:
t_backoff wrote:I dont see where in forum permissions I can allow or deny use of subject prefix to a particular group (I see the admin group permission for managing)
There isn't a forum permission yet. This will be added before the next release.
Forum based permissions will be added later. This means that only certain groups will be able to use the prefixes
Support Toolkit | Support Request Template | Knowledge Base | phpBB 3.0.x documentation
I don't give support via PM or IM! (all unsolicited pms will be trashed!)

Anyasha
Name: Anyasha

Post by Anyasha » Fri May 21, 2010 3:32 pm

Perhaps this is what murdmon was talking about, I'm not sure: Would it be possible to add a date to the prefix? For example, in the Quick Title mod, you can have a tag like [UPDATED %date%] and %date% will be replaced with the actual month and day (like [UPDATED May 1st]). When the first post in the topic is edited, that date will automatically update to the date of the most recent edit. This comes in very handy. :)
Kiss me, I'm Polish!

Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member

Post by Erik Frèrejean » Fri May 21, 2010 3:57 pm

t_backoff wrote:
Erik Frèrejean wrote:
t_backoff wrote:Ability for moderators to change subject prefix via quick-mod tools (a good use would be "solved" :P )
How do you envision this? A second dropdown with the prefixes? I'm not sure how to implement this and still allow it to be "quick" simply adding all prefixes to the quick mod box only clutters this.
I'm thinking a second dropdown menu (under the quick-mod tools) that loads all the prefixes that are allowed in the forum. It could be labeled "change prefix:" and then the options and a "go" button. You're right, adding all prefixes to the quick-mod tools would clutter it, so a second dropdown menu is probably best.
I've just pushed a first version into the repository.
Support Toolkit | Support Request Template | Knowledge Base | phpBB 3.0.x documentation

JolieBoard

Post by JolieBoard » Sat May 22, 2010 10:01 pm

Amazing mod, thank you so, SO much for working on it! :)

I would love to see one feature in it though, a very important and useful one IMO - an option to filter threads by prefixes. Like on this gif:

Would it be possible to include it in the mod? Thanks once again for creating this! :D

EDIT: One more feature request. Would be great if we could also use icons for prefixes, instead of just text ones :)
Last edited by JolieBoard on Sat May 22, 2010 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Desdenova

Post by Desdenova » Sat May 22, 2010 10:53 pm

Hey erik, just left you a few commit notes on github. Have fun.

Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member

Post by Erik Frèrejean » Sun May 23, 2010 3:25 pm

Thanks Damian :), I'll have a look later

plasmino

Post by plasmino » Mon May 24, 2010 12:28 pm

very goodd

.Joel

Post by .Joel » Mon May 24, 2010 4:59 pm

Nice Mod! I keenly await to test it once you have it working so you can assign certain prefixes to certain forums.

Good luck to all entrants!

tbackoff
Former Team Member

Post by tbackoff » Mon May 24, 2010 5:48 pm

Hey Erik,

Just to throw this out there, do you have any ideas on how you want to handle topics that are moved from one forum that allows a certain prefix to another forum that doesn't allow the same prefix? They way I see it, there are three possible soultions.
  • ignore it and move the topic anyway (probably not the expected behavior)
  • do not move the topic and show an error message to the moderator that the prefix is not allowed in the destination forum
  • give the moderator the option to delete or change the prefix to one that is allowed in the destination forum
I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on this. Personally, option 3 would be best (of course, that's my opinion), but I'm not sure how big you plan on making this MOD. :P

Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member

Post by Erik Frèrejean » Mon May 24, 2010 8:57 pm

t_backoff wrote:Hey Erik,

Just to throw this out there, do you have any ideas on how you want to handle topics that are moved from one forum that allows a certain prefix to another forum that doesn't allow the same prefix? They way I see it, there are three possible soultions.
  • ignore it and move the topic anyway (probably not the expected behavior)
  • do not move the topic and show an error message to the moderator that the prefix is not allowed in the destination forum
  • give the moderator the option to delete or change the prefix to one that is allowed in the destination forum
I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on this. Personally, option 3 would be best (of course, that's my opinion), but I'm not sure how big you plan on making this MOD. :P
I agree that the third one would be the best. I'm not sure whether I'll include that already in alpha 2. For now I think I'll have it remove the prefix when not compatible with the next forum. Removing it probably isn't the expected behavior as well but IMHO its better than move the prefix while it isn't allowed in the new forum.

tbackoff
Former Team Member

Post by tbackoff » Mon May 24, 2010 9:00 pm

Erik Frèrejean wrote:I'm not sure whether I'll include that already in alpha 2
That's ok, I wasn't expecting it in A2 (more like RCx).
Erik Frèrejean wrote:For now I think I'll have it remove the prefix when not compatible with the next forum. Removing it probably isn't the expected behavior as well but IMHO its better than move the prefix while it isn't allowed in the new forum.
I agree.

Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member

Post by Erik Frèrejean » Mon May 24, 2010 9:08 pm

t_backoff wrote:
Erik Frèrejean wrote:I'm not sure whether I'll include that already in alpha 2
That's ok, I wasn't expecting it in A2 (more like RCx).
Nah no RC's yet, there are currently to many changes. Heck even the feature set isn't frozen yet ;). If everything goes well and I don't have to make to many changes I *might* tag the next one as B1, but most likely there will be a quick second alpha release.

Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member

Post by Erik Frèrejean » Mon May 24, 2010 9:12 pm

JolieBoard wrote:EDIT: One more feature request. Would be great if we could also use icons for prefixes, instead of just text ones :)
I think I've missed this remark. For now I think that this is a bit outside the scope of this release.
I want to mainly focus on making this MOD as pluggable as possible, that loading the first version with all features. This could be something for a later version but I don't think it will be in 1.0.0 (I do allow patches if they are up to my standards ;))

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”