[ABD] [RC2] phpBB Mobile 2.0.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Sajaki
Name: Andreas

Re: [RC2] phpBB Mobile 2.0.0

Post by Sajaki » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:31 pm

hey Callum,

Your phpBB mobile mod is completely awesome, i'm installing it now/testing on iphone :)
I'm curious how it interacts with mods. will see how that works out. maybe i'll go and adapt mine to go with it.

maiko40

Post by maiko40 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:12 pm

Hey man, I don't really have a phone to test your demo url: http://phpbb-mobile.com/forums/ and I test it to http://www.appsgeyser.com/ but it seems that is not look fine. I would like to see a demo using this mod if you have any available, thank you very much.
Last edited by maiko40 on Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maiko40

Post by maiko40 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:15 pm

This mod is look like an app, is there any mod to show up my forum exactly like desktop? I test http://www.phpbb.com and is looking great!

Rashac

Post by Rashac » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:14 pm

Hello Callum,

I have a problem at the last step of your install instructions for this mod. When I point my browser to install_mobile.php, I get the following error:
You must be a board founder to access this page.
This is true, I am not the board founder, I am one of the administrators. Is it possible to install this mod without being a founder of the board??

Thank you in advance. Regards

callumacrae
Former Team Member
Name: Callum Macrae

Post by callumacrae » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:36 pm

That's an UMIL thing, nothing to do with me. Look for the line that is throwing that (probably somewhere in install_mobile.php) and comment the block out.
macr.ae = my website. you probably won't like it.
Proud user ofProud user of

Rashac

Post by Rashac » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:12 pm

Thank you Callum for your reply! After some searching through the files, I have managed to find what needs to be commented out. So, I will write the solution here for future reference for other users with potentially the same problem:

The file which needs to be edited: umil/umil_auto.php

The block of code:

Code: Select all

// Check after initiating UMIL.
if ($user->data['user_type'] != USER_FOUNDER)
{
	trigger_error('FOUNDERS_ONLY');
}
So, just comment out this condition and you will be able to install the mod without being the founder of a board.

Regards

GWUBase
Name: Impact Gaming

Post by GWUBase » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:39 am

Tested it, Works on my Android phone.

Nice work.

+1

cossielee

Post by cossielee » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:30 am

Any news on the new version yet?? :)

callumacrae
Former Team Member

Post by callumacrae » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:45 pm

I'm going to be doing some work on it over the next week, as 1.0 of jQuery Mobile is out (I didn't notice at the time)

callumacrae
Former Team Member

Post by callumacrae » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:05 pm

I've almost completed developing the new style, I've just to track down bits that I haven't done yet.

You can find the new style here: http://phpbb-mobile.com/forums/index.php?style=8

It isn't yet automatic, I haven't written the mod part of it (I'm going to rewrite it to use hooks). Please just use it as your would an ordinary board, spam the off topic board a bit, etc. Report any bugs / things I've forgotten to do in either the thread I made on phpbb-mobile.com, or as a reply to this post here.

Thanks!

cossielee

Post by cossielee » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:37 pm

looking good callum :D would like to see the following though:

The Main Forum Title, not the textin black bar, needs centered, it looks fine on your phpbb Mobile 3.0 Testing thread, jsut not on the main index or any other threads

Give the opion to add your own small custom mobile site logo/banner.

A proper nav menubar, my personal choice would be to have the navigation (back buttons) at the top (in menubar) and at the bottom. The Disable Mobile Style i think still needs to be changed to Switch to Normal view. More profile info on posts, avatar, rank status perhaps with that also included in profile view. Ability to send/read/view Pms is a must.

As for bugs, iv noticed the following:

Some images are far to big and are not scaled down. Also noticed the text in your first post in phpBB Mobile 3.0 testing is going out the screen to the right, dont know if its related to the jquery blue bug. There is no back button on Post a Reply, you need to use the browser back button.

Overall it seems a bit sluggish and it throws a blank white page after you hit 'view your post' after posting.

Hopefully the bugs will get sorted, at the moment im using a modded version of your mobile style and it works 100% and my users love it, so i would be unwilling to switch to this.

Keep up the good work, and with plenty of input this will hopefully be the mobile style to have :D

cm_

Post by cm_ » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:43 pm

Hi,

I like the look of the new style, can't wait!
Any news about the release of the style?

jesiegel

Post by jesiegel » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:58 pm

How do you re-enable mobile if you clicked on the link in the overall footer? i did it by accident and cant figure out how to re-enable to continue my testing.

cossielee

Post by cossielee » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:05 pm

jesiegel wrote:How do you re-enable mobile if you clicked on the link in the overall footer? i did it by accident and cant figure out how to re-enable to continue my testing.
To Re-enable you have to Click Delete All Board Cookies link at bottom of the forum, this will switch it back to mobile view.

jesiegel

Post by jesiegel » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:56 pm

cossielee wrote:
jesiegel wrote:How do you re-enable mobile if you clicked on the link in the overall footer? i did it by accident and cant figure out how to re-enable to continue my testing.
To Re-enable you have to Click Delete All Board Cookies link at bottom of the forum, this will switch it back to mobile view.
i dont see that link at the bottom of the forum, can you post the code to do this and i will add it to my overall_footer.html file.

EDIT: i found the code online:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT -->&bull; <a href="{U_DELETE_COOKIES}">{L_DELETE_COOKIES}</a> &bull; <!-- ENDIF -->

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”