[ABD] [RC2] phpBB Mobile 2.0.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
{S'PORT}_Skillz

Re: [RC] phpBB Mobile 2.0.0

Post by {S'PORT}_Skillz »

Using Firefox 3.6.13 and not 100% sure what browser version my phone is using, I'd have to go get it to find out.

I was able to duplicate this error twice, but I'm not 100% for sure what actually caused it.

Also I have noticed that now when I am on my phone and I go to login to the site the text areas for the login/password is very small. You can't even see if their is anything written in them. This is after I have completely uninstalled everything (used the backup sessions.php file, deleted all files that I uploaded and ran the install script to uninstall.)

I am going to setup a test forum here in a minute with a current live data backup of my site to see if I can try to replicate the data. If you'd like, I can give you access to that once I get it setup.
{S'PORT}_Skillz

I have tried everything I can possibly think of to get those text boxes to work again. Even the text boxes for the thread title when starting a new topic is "small" and wont let you enter anything into it.

I've cleared the cache individually for my template AND overall in the general admin section. Still not working.
callumacrae
Former Team Member
Name: Callum Macrae

Post by callumacrae »

{S'PORT}_Skillz wrote:I have tried everything I can possibly think of to get those text boxes to work again. Even the text boxes for the thread title when starting a new topic is "small" and wont let you enter anything into it.

I've cleared the cache individually for my template AND overall in the general admin section. Still not working.
Someone on my website had this problem, and then fixed it. When he's posted how it was fixed, I'll let you know.

~Callum
macr.ae = my website. you probably won't like it.
Proud user ofProud user of
{S'PORT}_Skillz

Well I sort of fixed it. I installed a newer version of the theme, refreshed it and it worked fine but I have other edits in the templates that I don't really feel like doing ATM, so I put it back.

Going to have to compare the new files with the old files, so I can figure out what's different.
callumacrae
Former Team Member

Post by callumacrae »

{S'PORT}_Skillz wrote:Well I sort of fixed it. I installed a newer version of the theme, refreshed it and it worked fine but I have other edits in the templates that I don't really feel like doing ATM, so I put it back.

Going to have to compare the new files with the old files, so I can figure out what's different.
What? There is no separate theme - they're the same thing now. Were you installing 2.0.0?

~Callum
{S'PORT}_Skillz

Callum95 wrote:
{S'PORT}_Skillz wrote:Well I sort of fixed it. I installed a newer version of the theme, refreshed it and it worked fine but I have other edits in the templates that I don't really feel like doing ATM, so I put it back.

What? There is no separate theme - they're the same thing now. Were you installing 2.0.0?

~Callum
Yes 2.0.0 RC1. When I said I was install a new version of the theme, I was referring to my main theme on my site not the one included with phpBB Mobile. I reinstalled a fresh, clean, updated version of the main theme on my site and it fixed the issue I was having.
callumacrae
Former Team Member

Post by callumacrae »

Oh, that's confusing

~Callum
Alavi

Post by Alavi »

Hay callum,
i was trying to make a button, to deactivate or activate mobile skin.any ideas on that?

cheers!
callumacrae
Former Team Member

Post by callumacrae »

Alavi wrote:Hay callum,
i was trying to make a button, to deactivate or activate mobile skin.any ideas on that?

cheers!
That was a feature I meant to develop and forgot about, thanks for reminding me!

If you want to do it, you would need to get the button to set a cookie (either by using js and a page refresh or link to the page with ?mobile=0 and a check in the includes file) and then add a check for the cookie at the big if statement.

~Callum
SuperFedya

Post by SuperFedya »

How stable this mod is? There is no critical errors?
{S'PORT}_Skillz

Callum95 wrote:Oh, that's confusing

~Callum
Yes I agree. I do not know how installing this messed up my template to where it suddenly stopped working. :oops:
Alavi

Post by Alavi »

did it myself. the easy way.
cookies tend to make problems, sql is a lot better :P
want me to post theese like 3 additional lines of code? xD
callumacrae
Former Team Member

Post by callumacrae »

Alavi wrote:did it myself. the easy way.
cookies tend to make problems, sql is a lot better :P
want me to post theese like 3 additional lines of code? xD
Please :)

~Callum
Alavi

Post by Alavi »

Will post in a few min, im via mobile atm.

anyways, could you please help me finish this addon to your extension, by finding the way to show the custom profile lield in the footer.
i have exported this style for profile field from your mobile theme (here's an image, i'll post css separate): Image

We first make a custom profile field, named disable_mobile it will be a boolean, checkbox. and the default would be that it's checked, so the database value will be 1 in that case. The display name of this field will be ENABLE MOBILE VIEW?

so, the only edit is in the session.php

session first sets up the variables, than checks are you from mobile platform, than checks if you have disable mobile option active.
if both are true, it shows the mobile. if any of them is false, it shows real style.

this is my session.php mobile code:

Code: Select all

// START PHPBB MOBILE
		$this->mobile_style = (isset($config['mobile_enabled']) && $config['mobile_enabled'] && preg_match($config['mobile_agents'], $this->browser) && $auth->acl_get('u_mobile'));
		$user->get_profile_fields( $user->data['user_id'] );
		$user_fields = $user->profile_fields;

if ($user->mobile_style)
{
		if (isset($user_fields['pf_disable_mobile']) and ($user_fields['pf_disable_mobile'] == '0'))
		{
			// This code is original phpBB code
			if (!empty($_GET['style']) && $auth->acl_get('a_styles') && !defined('ADMIN_START'))
			{
				global $SID, $_EXTRA_URL;

$style = request_var('style', 0);
				$SID .= '&style=' . $style;
				$_EXTRA_URL = array('style=' . $style);
			}
			else
			{
				// Set up style
				$style = ($style) ? $style : ((!$config['override_user_style']) ? $this->data['user_style'] : $config['default_style']);
			}

$sql = 'SELECT s.style_id, t.template_storedb, t.template_path, t.template_id, t.bbcode_bitfield, t.template_inherits_id, t.template_inherit_path, c.theme_path, c.theme_name, c.theme_storedb, c.theme_id, i.imageset_path, i.imageset_id, i.imageset_name
				FROM ' . STYLES_TABLE . ' s, ' . STYLES_TEMPLATE_TABLE . ' t, ' . STYLES_THEME_TABLE . ' c, ' . STYLES_IMAGESET_TABLE . " i
				WHERE s.style_id = $style
					AND t.template_id = s.template_id
					AND c.theme_id = s.theme_id
					AND i.imageset_id = s.imageset_id";
			$result = $db->sql_query($sql, 3600);
			$this->theme = $db->sql_fetchrow($result);
			$db->sql_freeresult($result);
		}

else
		{
			$user->add_lang('mods/mobile');
			$this->theme = array(
				'style_id'	=> '2',
				'template_storedb' => '0',
				'template_path' => 'mobile',
				'template_id' => '2',
				'bbcode_bitfield' => '+Ng=',
				'template_inherits_id' => '0',
				'template_inherit_path' => '',
				'theme_path' => 'mobile',
				'theme_name' => 'phpBB iPhone',
				'theme_storedb' => '0',
				'theme_id' => '2',
				'imageset_path' => 'mobile',
				'imageset_id' => '2',
				'imageset_name' => 'phpBB iPhone',
				);
	    }
}
else
{
			// This code is original phpBB code
			if (!empty($_GET['style']) && $auth->acl_get('a_styles') && !defined('ADMIN_START'))
			{
				global $SID, $_EXTRA_URL;

$style = request_var('style', 0);
				$SID .= '&style=' . $style;
				$_EXTRA_URL = array('style=' . $style);
			}
			else
			{
				// Set up style
				$style = ($style) ? $style : ((!$config['override_user_style']) ? $this->data['user_style'] : $config['default_style']);
			}

$sql = 'SELECT s.style_id, t.template_storedb, t.template_path, t.template_id, t.bbcode_bitfield, t.template_inherits_id, t.template_inherit_path, c.theme_path, c.theme_name, c.theme_storedb, c.theme_id, i.imageset_path, i.imageset_id, i.imageset_name
				FROM ' . STYLES_TABLE . ' s, ' . STYLES_TEMPLATE_TABLE . ' t, ' . STYLES_THEME_TABLE . ' c, ' . STYLES_IMAGESET_TABLE . " i
				WHERE s.style_id = $style
					AND t.template_id = s.template_id
					AND c.theme_id = s.theme_id
					AND i.imageset_id = s.imageset_id";
			$result = $db->sql_query($sql, 3600);
			$this->theme = $db->sql_fetchrow($result);
			$db->sql_freeresult($result);
}

// END PHPBB MOBILE
Nawid

Post by Nawid »

Working on fixing the bugs I found, should have RC2 uploaded tomorrow.

~Callum
Any update Callum? :)
Check SuperNova Orange style on:
SchoolLife.nl
phpBB.com

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”