[DEV] Forum Runner - Android/iPhone/iPad Client for phpBB3!

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
noth

Re: [DEV] Forum Runner - Android/iPhone/iPad Client for phpB

Post by noth »

I have not had a mobile phone since they first came out, so basically I am not a mobile phone person

but one of my members told me I should install this "ForumRunner"

my question is, what is the difference on a mobilephone seeing a phpBB forum with/ without ForumRunner and is ForumRunner approved by phpBB?
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

is ForumRunner approved by phpBB
If it was it would be in the database here. If it isn't in the database then it isn't a validated mod.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
ClemsonJeeper

Post by ClemsonJeeper »

noth wrote:I have not had a mobile phone since they first came out, so basically I am not a mobile phone person

my question is, what is the difference on a mobilephone seeing a phpBB forum with/ without ForumRunner and is ForumRunner approved by phpBB?
If you are asking if this is an official phpBB sponsored add on, the answer is no. We are a 3rd party developer that has developed this add on and app and added support for phpBB forums.

It is listed in phpBB's add on database (or should be) as we want to play by phpBB's 3rd party modification rules.

I need to see about moving it out of dev status since it is now a release version of code. I will do this when I am back from vacation this weekend.

If you have any problems installing it, let me know via PM!
Forum Runner developer: phpBB on your mobile device!
noth

Post by noth »

can anyone tell me what is the difference on a mobilephone seeing a phpBB forum, with/ without ForumRunner ? ;)
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

ClemsonJeeper wrote:
noth wrote:I have not had a mobile phone since they first came out, so basically I am not a mobile phone person

If you are asking if this is an official phpBB sponsored add on, the answer is no. We are a 3rd party developer that has developed this add on and app and added support for phpBB forums.

It is listed in phpBB's add on database (or should be) as we want to play by phpBB's 3rd party modification rules.

I need to see about moving it out of dev status since it is now a release version of code. I will do this when I am back from vacation this weekend.

If you have any problems installing it, let me know via PM!
If you want to have it in the MODDB you will need to submit it as update to the MODDB at www.phpbb.com/mods/db/ Right now it is not listed in the MODDB, you only have your own topic in the MODs in development forum, what basicly means that users should not install it as it is development quality code.
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development
ClemsonJeeper

Post by ClemsonJeeper »

Version 1.3.1 has been released:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Fix issue with user banning permissions
Eddie Ormiston

Post by Eddie Ormiston »

Tapatalk has an auto popup when you view the forum on your phone outside of the APP. Wasnt sure if Forum Runner did the same and if this could cause a conflict.
ClemsonJeeper

Post by ClemsonJeeper »

Eddie Ormiston wrote:Tapatalk has an auto popup when you view the forum on your phone outside of the APP. Wasnt sure if Forum Runner did the same and if this could cause a conflict.
Both are optional. If you have them both on, they don't conflict.
lovelysummer

Post by lovelysummer »

Still the latest version does not support IPHONE4/IPAD2 traditional chinese handwriting login function. Resulting a login name error. :cry:
FB92

Post by FB92 »

I did the manual install and did everything correctly but I am not getting the tab that shows up on the image: http://www.forumrunner.net/images/insta ... bstep5.png
ClemsonJeeper

Post by ClemsonJeeper »

FB92 wrote:I did the manual install and did everything correctly but I am not getting the tab that shows up on the image: http://www.forumrunner.net/images/insta ... bstep5.png
You probably need to add the module manually under AdminCP->System->Administration Control Panel, then add Forum Runner module in the bottom right...
CrewChief
Name: Tony

Post by CrewChief »

This looks to be a great app for today's smart phone users. Any idea when this mod will be tested and approved for official release here on phpbb?
ClemsonJeeper

Post by ClemsonJeeper »

CrewChief wrote:This looks to be a great app for today's smart phone users. Any idea when this mod will be tested and approved for official release here on phpbb?
Probably a while.

I submitted it for approval a few months ago and they came back with about 100 pages of automated complaints due to code alignment (white space, etc) in the tool.

I'm not too keen on spending days going over and fixing every white-space issue in the code when I could be working on new features. :)
CrewChief
Name: Tony

Post by CrewChief »

Ok, thanks for the reply. That's a shame as this seems like a much better alternative to tapatalk. Another mod which can't seem to get validated for other reasons.
Many users here (myself included) steer clear of unvalidated mods due to lack of support from phpbb. I'm sure you can understand why.
Regardless, Best of luck with your mod.

Tony
javiexin
Code Contributor
Name: Javier

Post by javiexin »

Maybe this one could be an alternative that is validated?
http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style ... er_mobile/

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”