[RC] Classifieds MOD 2.0.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Kamahl19
Name: Martin

Re: [RC] Classifieds MOD 1.1.0

Post by Kamahl19 »

I was trying some jquery multiupload plugins but I did not like any of them except of plupload. I need some more time to take a loot at it
batgalim

don't see the "POSTAD" button

Post by batgalim »

Hi,

I have the 1.1.0 classifieds installed and it all works ok.
I have one problem that instead of the "POSTAD" button I have only a link.
My users complain that they don't find the button to post new ads.
This is how it looks like: (I marked it with red) (it is in hebrew)

The problem exist in Google Chrome and in Internet Explorer

Can someone help ? :?
Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 »

You need to regresh your imageset, theme and template, then purge the cache. Also pres ctrl+f5 and refresh page
batgalim

Post by batgalim »

I did all refresh and also purge the cache but still don't see the button :(
gkc2104

Post by gkc2104 »

Hi, I have a problem that I'd appreciate help on. So for users posting ads on my site, there's no problem with uploading a photo and having the thumbnail show up on the individual ad (single_ad.php) page. However, I can't get that same thumbnail image to show up on the main listings page (buysell/index.php) -- instead, the noimage.gif shows up, even where the user has uploaded a photo.

This might be because of something I did early on (I did not allow for user upload of photos and I may have inadvertently done something to make the nonimage.gif the default). How do I fix this? Any help would be much appreciated! Everything else works great, and it's a fantastic mod!
victory1

Post by victory1 »

I'm trying to write a count SQL to count new ads. I see ad_date in the classified table; my question is, where is the ad time being pulled since it's not in the classified table?
Blue Blood
Name: Blue Blood

Post by Blue Blood »

The biggest problem I have and some of my members is browser ad blockers.

I use Page tweak plug-in for firefox. It blocks all pages with the name classifieds and ad/ads.

In the next version could you make it more ad blocker friendly... Renaming all the files & the post ad button and what not would be a simple fix.

PLEASE!!
Last edited by Blue Blood on Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 »

Why do you use it. I can not make it compatibile with all plugins for all browsers. If it causes problems you should uninstall the plugin. Many sites are using words like classifieds, ad, ads for example ebay
victory1

Post by victory1 »

I did notice another flaw that needs to be fixed in the next version. It's when you have an active ad and you close it for some reason, the Active Next Clock continues to run and the ad is not active.
Blue Blood

Post by Blue Blood »

Kamahl19 wrote:Why do you use it.
Use what, the mod or the ad blocker??
Ether way the answer is a simple one..........Its all in the name "Ad Blocker" "Classifieds Mod"
Kamahl19 wrote:I can not make it compatible with all plugins for all browsers.
The only plug-ins that would cause problems with the Classifieds MOD would be ad blockers. Ad blocker browser plug-ins are used by a big percentage of internet users. Ad blocker plug-ins look for words like Ads & Classifieds. I just thought I would bring it to your attention. Just thought you might want to better your mod and make it useable under all circumstances. Ad blockers are very common, many people use them...... I also have the same problem with Advertisement Management Mod. Not only does it block the front end it blocks some of the admin end.
Kamahl19 wrote:If it causes problems you should uninstall the plugin.

I have tried many different ad blockers. The few that don't cause problems with this mod don't block much of anything... I think users would rather keep their ad blocker. And like I said its not just me, many of my board members have reported this issue.
Kamahl19 wrote:Many sites are using words like classifieds, ad, ads for example ebay
Yes and these are ads that users want to block... Users that click on the Classifieds section don't expect their ad blocker to block the ads they want to see. Its a simple and easy fix. Renaming a few files will better your mod and make it more useable for a wider audience.

As a mod creator I would want to know if there are flaws in my mods so I can try to better them..
That's all I was trying to do..
Last edited by Blue Blood on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 »

Do I need to rename template files? Or php files? I dont understand what exactly is blocked.
emule

Post by emule »

What is needed, that is a new version. Indeed, the very latest version for me is far from being the best from earlier. Too many options are gone. The download section is a review.
senatorman

Post by senatorman »

I have installed the classified mod, and it works fine for me and the forumusers.

There is one little isseu with te comments.

Only the classified-owner get notifications when a new comment is placed, but not the users with an earlier comment placed on that classified

how can i fix this?
Blue Blood

Post by Blue Blood »

Kamahl19 wrote:Do I need to rename template files? Or php files? I dont understand what exactly is blocked.
After installing it on my local and going through the files, Its not as easy as I first thought.
I have found all instances of "ads" or "ADS" would have to be replaced.

Example in the ACP:
<dt><label for="number_ads">{L_NUMBER_ADS}</label><br />{L_NUMBER_ADS_EXPLAIN}</dt>
<input type="text" size="3" id="number_ads" name="number_ads" value="{NUMBER_ADS}"/>

I know this would be a pain in the rear end to replace every instances of "ads" or "ADS", so I'm not even going to ask anymore!!
Screen Shot
Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 »

I am pretty suprised because noone have complained about this before. I guess not many people use these adblock plugins anymore. It was pretty popular few years ago.

Yes I thought I would have to rewrite pretty much everything.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”