[RC] Classifieds MOD 2.0.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Kamahl19
Name: Martin

Re: [RC] Classifieds MOD 1.2.0

Post by Kamahl19 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:10 pm

I am really really glad it is working for you, because I was not able to find a problem for days

eatingmashin

Post by eatingmashin » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:11 pm

Just trying to help out on this very nice mod!

To those who are having problems uploading images, please also check your php.ini file. Specifically the upload_max_filesize variable. By default it is set to upload_max_filesize = 2M

So it wouldn't matter if you set "Max image filesize" in ACP to anything bigger than 2MB (2048kB). If the file you are uploading is bigger than 2MB, you'll get a white thumbnail with black border. When you check your images and thumb directory, the files are not uploaded.

To check if your problem is related to the upload_max_filesize variable, do the following:

1. upload an image (bigger than 2M or whatever is the value of upload_max_filesize in php.ini)
2. when you get the white thumbnail with black border, click on the "T" in the upper left corner
3. it should load the image URL in the "Thumbnail" text box
4. copy the contents of the text box and paste it to notepad

if it looks something like

Code: Select all

http://youriste/buysell/images/thumb/IMG_xxx.jpg<b>[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning</b>: in file <b>[ROOT]/buysell/includes/functions_buysell.php</b> on line <b>22</b>: <b>getimagesize(../buysell/images/IMG_xxx.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory</b><br />... 
then you've hit this problem like I did.

The only solution was to change upload_max_filesize variable from 2M to 5M (this value depends on your needs). I you don't have access to php.ini (for shared hosting) try to create a .htaccess file at the base of your www directory with:

php_value upload_max_filesize 5M

Make sure that this is bigger than or equal to "Max image filesize" in ACP. You may have to restart apache for the changes to take effect. :)

EDIT:

There is a bug in /buysell/manage_ad.php (sending out new ad posting notifications to subscribed users)
In line 346

$ad_link = generate_board_url() . "/" . CL_DIRECTORY . "/single_ad.$phpEx.ad_id=.$advertisement_id";
should be replaced with

$ad_link = generate_board_url() . "/" . CL_DIRECTORY . "/single_ad.$phpEx?ad_id=$advertisement_id";
The original line produces the link in the email http://yoursite/buysell/single_ad.php.ad_id=.1 which is invalid. It should be http://yoursite/buysell/single_ad.php?ad_id=2

Hope this helps! :)

playagiron

Post by playagiron » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:12 am

Hi,

I really like this mod, and if have a small question about a new feature that might be interesting maybe?!
As I have seen this mod installed on quite some boards, still people are used to post their selling proposals often in the General section of boards, so I was wondering if there would be a way to integrate a Moderator option to move posts and auto create advertisements using the post content and title, and letting the Moderatore choose category and price based on the content. The new ad should be owned by the original poster so that he/she can then later edit etc. the ad.
As many boards are trying to separate ads from the discussion content, this could provide a great way of doing so in a moderator controlled way.
Any thoughts??!

kevinaf

Post by kevinaf » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:05 am

eatingmashin wrote:Just trying to help out on this very nice mod!
Have tried it all but it doesn't work for me.
Even when i tried to upload a file 2kb big it still get a white pic and no file is upload.

When a user submit, he gets logged off and nothing is placed in the classifieds category.

Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:30 am

playagiron wrote:Hi,

I really like this mod, and if have a small question about a new feature that might be interesting maybe?!
As I have seen this mod installed on quite some boards, still people are used to post their selling proposals often in the General section of boards, so I was wondering if there would be a way to integrate a Moderator option to move posts and auto create advertisements using the post content and title, and letting the Moderatore choose category and price based on the content. The new ad should be owned by the original poster so that he/she can then later edit etc. the ad.
As many boards are trying to separate ads from the discussion content, this could provide a great way of doing so in a moderator controlled way.
Any thoughts??!
I am sorry, I dont support this idea. This is work for moderators.
kevinaf wrote:
eatingmashin wrote:Just trying to help out on this very nice mod!
Have tried it all but it doesn't work for me.
Even when i tried to upload a file 2kb big it still get a white pic and no file is upload.

When a user submit, he gets logged off and nothing is placed in the classifieds category.
Logged off? Do you have set your paths correctly? have you install Classifieds correctly? Have you removed .htaccess files from buysell/images abd buysell/images/thumbs ?

kevinaf

Post by kevinaf » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:52 am

Kamahl19 wrote:Logged off? Do you have set your paths correctly? have you install Classifieds correctly? Have you removed .htaccess files from buysell/images abd buysell/images/thumbs ?
Yes, a few pages back in this topic i post something about that.
The mod is working normal and the most users can upload and post without any problems.
The .htacces files are deleted in those folders.

brutto

Post by brutto » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:56 am

Hi,

one quick proposal for coming versions.
It would be quite fine to limit the number of images for uploading in the classifieds acp.

rob

eatingmashin

Post by eatingmashin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:58 am

kevinaf wrote:When a user submit, he gets logged off and nothing is placed in the classifieds category.
Purge your cache, ask the user to empty his/her browser cache and browsing history as well as saved passwords for your site. Then try again.

Another reason could be a misconfigured Security Settings under Server Configuration in ACP.

kevinaf

Post by kevinaf » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:09 pm

Your first options are nothing matter.

About the security settings, can you tell me what is that that are set not correct?

eatingmashin

Post by eatingmashin » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:08 am

You can relax the session IP validation one by one on your board...

1. Set IP-sessie controleren to A.B instead of A.B.C
- clear the user's browser cache/browsing history then test with your user. If this fails, do not return to A.B.C just continue to step 2.

2. Set X_FORWARDED_FOR-header controleren to Nee instead of Ja
- clear the user's browser cache/browsing history then test with your user. If this also fails, change back to A.B.C and Ja. Better search somewhere else as this is not really a problem caused by this mod.

Also it would help if the cookie path under cookie setting in ACP is correct. (if your board is www.domain.com/forum, path should be /forum . if it is just www.domain.com, path should be just /

Hope this helps you.

kevinaf

Post by kevinaf » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:22 am

Thanks point 1 seems to be working when i set the cmod for /images/ and /images/tumb/ to 777. But the cmod for the folders are automaticly set back to 755 :roll:

After a set reset te owner to the folder in directadmin/file manager it seems to work fine, i will ask the users to test it for us.

kutt

Post by kutt » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:02 am

hmmm ..

this is really strange

I had the Mod (v1.2.0) running on my testforum (phpBB 3.0.10). And it was working. But never managed to move it to my main forum, since i was busy with other things.

Today opened the testforum (after some months) again and the file upload won't work anymore.

Also the Demo: http://www.uploadify.com/demos/ did not work anymore

So I tested a bit around and noticed that it seems to work on some browsers and on some not.

This behavior is really strange and makes it difficult, since I couldn't find any clue on which browserversions the script works and on which not :/

Maybe an upload function "The phpBB3 way" would be a better choice to get rid of these problems...

Added later:

Installed a pure version of phpBB3.0.11 from the scratch and then the Mod - same problem :(
I could tell the people to upgrade, but what is about all the mobile clients? IPhone, Android, S60, WindowsPhone and so on ...
http://mz-forum.com
... always keep things updated!

Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:06 pm

What browsers are not compatibile with upload plugin?

kutt

Post by kutt » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:12 pm

on FF 4.0.1, Symbian S60 it and IE9.0.10 won't work (so far - have to test it at home on some other browsers)

in the supportforum of the plugin I read there are problems with some more aswell
http://mz-forum.com
... always keep things updated!

Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:22 pm

I have not tested it in Cellphones and they are not my priority. If you know about upload jquery plugin working on all desktop OS and cellphones let me know.

It is working on FF4

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”