[RC] Classifieds MOD 2.0.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
rigoberto

Re: [RC] Classifieds MOD 1.2.0

Post by rigoberto »

So this MOD (besides other kamahl stuff) is one of the best. My MOD was working great until yesterday. On my site (http://www.collectorsunleashed.com/forum), If you "hover" the "main page tab on the menu bar, you can see I changed the name of the mod to "Buy Sell or Trade". If you click on it, you will get an error page.

Even when I click on any of the categories, I get redirected to the error page.

The error says:
Fatal error: Call to a member function assign_vars() on a non-object in /home/content/r/i/g/rigoarce/html/collectorsunleashed/forum/socialnet/includes/sn_core_addons.php on line 145

Seems like the socialnetwork MOD might be in conflict or something. Line 145 says:

Code: Select all

$template->assign_vars($content);
I asked my guy who helps me to insert the MODs but he said he didn't know what was going on and he told me to best ask you (the MOD creator) that you should know what it is.
emule

Post by emule »

hello
I'm trying to make a new forum, and I have some problems with Classifieds MOD. In fact, I also installed the mod Advanced BBCode Box 3. So I made the old modification shown here viewtopic.php?f=70&t=2097006&p=13063568 ... #p13063568. I have no error. But the trouble is that I have 2 times the BBcode toolbar to display. Basically, the bar BBcode is duplicated.

Would you have a solution?

thank you
kutt

Post by kutt »

Hey Kamahl19,

I discovered some more interesting things.

The file upload won't work correctly if there are special chars in the filenames (like ä ö ü ß an so on). Since I live in Germany those chars pop up very often. Same thing if there are brackets in the filenames.

As a quick work around I changed the script to change the fileneames base64 encodet. Also changes the upload script slightly so it does it the same way.

Earlier in the thread there someone described a problem, that the user gets logged out when creating an ad.

Well - I had the same problem. The user gets logged out if "Log me in each time" (or how is that called in english) isn't checked. I'm not absolutly sure, but I think I found the problem. It seems that a new session is created when a file is uploadet. After I removed that, the user stays logged in...

I hope that helps with further versions :)
http://mz-forum.com
... always keep things updated!
Kamahl19
Name: Martin

Post by Kamahl19 »

Hi,

thank you. It would be great if you could share your edits with me so I can include it to new version
kutt

Post by kutt »

sure - please check them - maybe you have here or there a better idea.

I encoded the Filenames base64:

./buysell/uploadify.php

Find 4 Times

$fileParts['filename']
Replace with

base64_encode($fileParts['filename'])
About the loss of the session in the same file:

Find and comment out:

$user->session_begin();
$auth->acl($user->data);
//$user->setup('mods/classified');
$user->setup();
wel .. as I said - I don't know if the last edit brings a security risk. But the uploadify.php seems never been called by an other php file but only by the javascript in the classifieds_header_include.html. So I guess, that this is the reason why the session gets lost.

I don't know if this works, but maybe you/I should try to include the uploadify.php in the manage_ad.php and leave the session management in. I'll check this out an post the result later...

I have an other question. The "old" classifieds didn't have some kind of Image management (If I delete an AD the the images were not deleted). The new version is much better. If an ad is deleted - are the images and thumbs also deleted?

Maybe a file managment option in the ACP would be an nice idea.

Like:
- check if the files in the DB are really on the HD
- check if all files on the HD are in the DB aswell
- check for orphan files and DB entries (e.g. if a user uploads a file, but never sends the AD)

at the moment I use a self written script doing that for me ... there were over 7000 files "useless" on my HD ;)

PS: the changes above don't affect a live version - on all AD's after that the filenames will be base64 encoded
Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 »

Thanks for fixes. I will implement them. Yes you are right about the session, I forgot it there.

I have not included img management because images are deleted when As is deleted. It was not in old versions.
kutt

Post by kutt »

Kamahl19 wrote:I have not included img management because images are deleted when As is deleted. It was not in old versions.
Even if pics are uploaded but the Ad ist never postet?

I found some pics in the DB without a, AD_ID but with a temp_ad_id
Kamahl19 wrote:es you are right about the session, I forgot it there.
heh - I had to remove it in order to get it working
Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 »

you are right, it dont remove uploaded pics when ad is not created. Well the solution is script which deletes all pics with temp_id
MichaelDH

Post by MichaelDH »

I really want to use this mod but I am having many of the same problems as other posters. Using the prosilver theme.

In Firefox, the image uploader constantly gives the IO error and will not upload any images. On the uploadify demo site it did the same thing there as well.

In IE8 the image selector is the basic file selector, no progress bar, and also will not upload images. No errors, no blank images, just nothing gets uploaded.

Chrome works perfectly with no issues.

I've read all the posts about removing htaccess files, js files, etc. What is the best starting point to work this out, or is there one definitive fix for this?
kutt

Post by kutt »

Can you post a screenshot of the IO error?
MichaelDH

Post by MichaelDH »

The error in Firefox Version 17.0.1

I managed to fix the IE error, some add-ons were disables which caused the upload change but works now. However it will log you off using the thumbnail option unless you opt to stay logged in when you sign in, as has previously been mentioned.
MichaelDH

Post by MichaelDH »

2 other things I have noticed.

1. When viewing an ad, under Advertiser Info it says "Total Posts: 0". I have 8 ads listed but they aren't being added for some reason.

2. Under the "Share" option, when posting to Facebook, no thumbnail is generated. I checked the AddThis site but I am really unfamiliar with their system. Anyone have any hints to overcome this?
MichaelDH

Post by MichaelDH »

OK, so today I ended up buying a new PC, and for whatever reason I bought one with Windows 8. On my classifieds set up, Firefox now works with the uploading with no problem at all. No idea why, but it works like a charm so far.
kutt

Post by kutt »

I guess the IO Error Code did came not from the Mod, but from the PC. It just wasn't able to read the file from the HD for some reason
robra

Post by robra »

:arrow: Error to fix on the install_mod.xml:
Open: includes/acp/acp_profile.php
Find
Tip: This may be a partial find and not the whole line.

1	=> array('field_ident', 'lang_name', 'lang_explain', 'field_option_none', 'field_show_on_reg', 'field_show_on_vt', 'field_required', 'field_hide', 'field_show_profile', 'field_no_view'),
The correct line of this file on phpBB 3.0.11 is:

1	=> array('field_ident', 'lang_name', 'lang_explain', 'field_option_none', 'field_show_on_reg', 'field_show_on_vt', 'field_required', 'field_show_novalue', 'field_hide', 'field_show_profile', 'field_no_view'),
[ ].

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”