[RC] Classifieds MOD 2.0.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
wintstar

Re: [RC1] [NEW] Classifieds MOD 0.9.2

Post by wintstar » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:12 am

I got on classified_index_body.html made following change

Look here http://classifieds.wintstar.de/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=47
Last edited by wintstar on Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kamahl19
Name: Martin

Post by Kamahl19 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:38 am

I do it for 0.9.3 with possibility to search according by prefix :)

Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:01 am

Guys please keep posting your ideas, I have done more then a half of all your proposals ( and I like about 1/4 more). You can help this MOD to be better :)

If there is someone who has some experiences with RSS feeds in phpbb3, please write me, because I would like to add RSS feeds of new ads sorted according by categories, but I cant do it :oops: I have no exp with feeds, and no time to study it.

heredia21

Post by heredia21 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:22 am

Do you plan on making an auction mod as well?
Best BlackBerry website for all users! BlackBerry News - http://blackberryempire.com

Abera

Post by Abera » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:38 am

heredia21 wrote:Do you plan on making an auction mod as well?
Ditto on that. ;)

Dr DBW

Post by Dr DBW » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:47 am

Another suggestion: above the Image Uploader box on the right when you post a new ad, I added a second "rules" box, like the Classified Rules that appears on the index page (highlighted in the same red colour etc). It contains another lot of customisable text in it, not a repeat of the rules on the index page. We use it to put in important notes for the ads themselves that relate to the poster, rather than the classified rules which apply to both the poster and the customers / browsers.

Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:49 am

Dr DBW wrote:Another suggestion: above the Image Uploader box on the right when you post a new ad, I added a second "rules" box, like the Classified Rules that appears on the index page (highlighted in the same red colour etc). It contains another lot of customisable text in it, not a repeat of the rules on the index page. We use it to put in important notes for the ads themselves that relate to the poster, rather than the classified rules which apply to both the poster and the customers / browsers.
So you want to devide rules to Rules for buyers and Rules for sellers? Good idea thx
heredia21 wrote:Do you plan on making an auction mod as well?
Yes, I plan, but after upcoming 1month vacation in ITA and ESP :)

Dr DBW

Post by Dr DBW » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:17 am

Yes, that is it. Really just want the ability to have two sets of "rules", one which is displayed on the index pages etc, and then one that appears on the post ad page.

Dr DBW

Post by Dr DBW » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:55 am

I have just done a test upgrade installation from 0.8.0 to 0.9.2

Worked fine :) Nice improvement 8-) The permissions now work as they should too, which is great.

Couple of things:
  • non-numerical characters or nothing can be entered in the pricing field. Could that be made so that it is a required field and will only take numbers?
  • Can an admin setting be made to turn on / off the mandatory requirement of the prefixes? Would like to make people have to use them (and I am sure some people don't care, so best to have it as a configuration).
  • Possibility to have a default currency?

Dr DBW

Re: [BETA] Classifieds MOD 0.9.1

Post by Dr DBW » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:07 am

Kamahl19 wrote:
Dr DBW wrote:Bulk pruning of ads. Currently have to removed each and everyone one individually. Two options here, tick boxes on the ads list page in the ACP, or enter a date range and remove all of those between those dates.
done
Sorry, but I can't find this, where is it located?
Kamahl19 wrote:
Dr DBW wrote:Location, which ads can be sorted / searched by. This was in the phpCA for phpBB2, was great. Not the location field of a users profile, but a separate category which people can select and list by.
I don't understand
It is another field of categories, which can be defined by the administrator. Set it to locations, such as a particular country, state etc. Then people can find an appropriate item in their area, they simple search for ads in that location.
Kamahl19 wrote:
Dr DBW wrote:The paypal / fee component that with 0.8.0 you had to pay for to get, really wanted this but I showed up when the developer disappeared, so had not chance of getting it. Main part of this that is of interest is people paying a small fee for being able to post ads, including possibility of some groups being excluded (they don't need to have credits to be able to post an ad) or being allocated a given number of free credits (select the group then state increase all of their credits by a given number, above and beyond what it is currently).
I cant imagine this properly but I probably like it
Many of the removals from the database from 0.8.0 to 0.9.x upgrade were involved with this. Basically people can buy / be awarded credits which then allow them to post ads. You could set the amount it costs in credits per ad, how much a credit costs to purchase, be able to award users / groups credits, exclude some users / groups from requiring credits etc.

Dr DBW

Post by Dr DBW » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:08 am

Just noticed, when viewing a single ad, there is no link to get back to all ads, unless you go to the one next to FAQ, Members etc at the top right.

Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:24 am

Dr DBW wrote:non-numerical characters or nothing can be entered in the pricing field. Could that be made so that it is a required field and will only take numbers?
I think, it is better when you can write also non numerical characters to price field.
Dr DBW wrote:Can an admin setting be made to turn on / off the mandatory requirement of the prefixes? Would like to make people have to use them (and I am sure some people don't care, so best to have it as a configuration).
You want to set if the prefix is mandatory or not? nice idea
Dr DBW wrote:Possibility to have a default currency?[/list]
good idea too, i will do it
Dr DBW wrote:It is another field of categories, which can be defined by the administrator. Set it to locations, such as a particular country, state etc. Then people can find an appropriate item in their area, they simple search for ads in that location.
I dont think it is so important, maybe in future.
Dr DBW wrote:Many of the removals from the database from 0.8.0 to 0.9.x upgrade were involved with this. Basically people can buy / be awarded credits which then allow them to post ads. You could set the amount it costs in credits per ad, how much a credit costs to purchase, be able to award users / groups credits, exclude some users / groups from requiring credits etc.
Nice idea again. And how users can buy these credits? Via paypal? Is it possible to do it automatically or admin have to set the number of credits when user pays him
Dr DBW wrote:Just noticed, when viewing a single ad, there is no link to get back to all ads, unless you go to the one next to FAQ, Members etc at the top right.
i will do it too

Dr DBW

Post by Dr DBW » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:40 am

Thanks.

Re numbers in price, fair enough. When I get around to it then I will post here the hack required to return it to numbers only for those interest.
Kamahl19 wrote:
Dr DBW wrote:Many of the removals from the database from 0.8.0 to 0.9.x upgrade were involved with this. Basically people can buy / be awarded credits which then allow them to post ads. You could set the amount it costs in credits per ad, how much a credit costs to purchase, be able to award users / groups credits, exclude some users / groups from requiring credits etc.
Nice idea again. And how users can buy these credits? Via paypal? Is it possible to do it automatically or admin have to set the number of credits when user pays him
Yes, via paypal.

For example, a user pays you $10 and for that they get 50 credits, with each posted classified ad costing them 1 credit (20 cents).

I suspect it was all automatic, but I never got to see how it was previously set up as the developer disappeared just as I installed everything. May be find someone that has installed the old version and managed to purchase the paypal extension for it (should be a user or two mentioned in the old MOD topic)? Or a search of the web might turn up those that had installed the old version of the MOD and then ask to see the files in which things are done? The existing 0.8.0 code had some parts in it, there might also be some clues on how it was set up there? Or a search of archive.org for the old MOD discussion board/webpage might provide more insight?

Manual setting is also what I am after. Such as the case of "paid" members of a forum should be awarded say 20 credits and not having to buy them, and then "premium" members who never have to purchase them, they can post new ads without. Or each registered user (and it is awarded to new registrations automatically) is given a couple credits and after those are used up then have to pay for more.

Re the location field, see http://www.phpca.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=308 for how it was applied to phpCA (for phpBB2).

Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:07 am

Re numbers in price, fair enough. When I get around to it then I will post here the hack required to return it to numbers only for those interest.
I can do it as a setting in ACP
For example, a user pays you $10 and for that they get 50 credits, with each posted classified ad costing them 1 credit (20 cents).
I am not sure how is it connected with paypal, i have never do this befor.
Re the location field, see http://www.phpca.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=308 for how it was applied to phpCA (for phpBB2).
thx i will check it

Boardtalk.net
Name: Colette

Re: [RC1] Classifieds MOD 0.9.2

Post by Boardtalk.net » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:47 pm

This looks like a very interesting mod, thanks for your hard work. ;)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”