[RC] Classifieds MOD 2.0.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
heredia21

Re: [BETA] Classifieds MOD 0.9.0

Post by heredia21 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:03 pm

An auction mod would be something very interesting. I love that idea. Cant wait.
Best BlackBerry website for all users! BlackBerry News - http://blackberryempire.com

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:50 pm

Kamahl19 wrote:Integration with any points system is not in plan yet. Maybe later. Now I am improving this MOD and thinking about Auction.
I cant decide if it would be better to do 2 different MODs, one would be Classifieds where peolpe set the price which they want for goods and they sell it to 1. interested one, and second one would be an Auction MOD which would be very simmilar but seller would set the deadline and others could raise, like classis auction on ebay :)

I have next idea for Classifieds MOD, that seller can add to buyer some good or bad points with comment and buyer can do the same for seller. But I dont know how I can fix that these points and comments will be real and only buyer do it for seller and backwards. Because when there will be 2 friends on the board they can add good comments to each other. Maybe this feature would be great for Auction because only after winning the auction there would be possibility to add comment (after receiving goods etc)
It probably would be best to have them as separate mods.

The good/bad points should be for the Auction Mod in my opinion. Considering that in the Classifieds Mod not all Ads are for selling an item.

Likewise, if the good/bad points is added to the Auction Mod, then only the purchaser should be allowed to add the points.

Kamahl19
Name: Martin

Re: [BETA] Classifieds MOD 0.9.1

Post by Kamahl19 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:48 am

Released new version 0.9.1

Please upgrade your 0.9.0 version with xml file in contrib folder.

FNolan

Post by FNolan » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:49 am

Glad to see someone took this over. I've been using it for several months on my forum but it does need some improvement. Here are a few of mine . . .
  • Make it easier to rearrange the categories. As it is in 0.8.0 you have to use an up/down arrow to move them around to get them in the order you want. How about when you choose a parent it automatically puts the sub category in the parent, not the bottom of the list.
  • I edited mine to remove the need for a price, make it optional in your version. On my site people post things they sell on PODs, they don't need to put a price in, a potential customer will go to the main POD site for more info and to order.
  • On the main page where items are listed, make the thumbnail a link to the classified not just the text link.
  • Add a AddThis button automatically to any ad so if someone wants they can share the classified via their favorite networking site.
There are a few more but these are enough for now :lol: I don't charge my members anything to use it, points or money so adding a points system isn't needed in my case but others might so if you do add it please make it optional.

heredia21

Post by heredia21 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:57 am

How can make it to where you need atleast 100 posts to post ads.
Best BlackBerry website for all users! BlackBerry News - http://blackberryempire.com

Kamahl19
Name: Martin

Post by Kamahl19 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:49 am

heredia21 wrote:How can make it to where you need atleast 100 posts to post ads.
You can set this number in the next version.

to FNolan:
2. done
3. done
4. I dont understand what you mean :)

whats more? :)

wintstar

Post by wintstar » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:08 am

Here is a Demo for the new Version 0.9.1 in english and german

http://classifieds.wintstar.de/

German Language Download http://classifieds.wintstar.de/viewtopi ... =4&t=8#p10

Stephan
Last edited by wintstar on Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

wintstar

Post by wintstar » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:11 am

I would like to enter link the url rules, not works in the new version. Is that possible?

Greatings

Stephan

7emper5i
Name: Philipp R.

Post by 7emper5i » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:20 am

With 2 different Userlevels I mean, that supporters should get something in return, that they are supporting the board.

What comes to mind is maybe just an other border / other placement for the items, supporters will place with the mod.

Like for example:

The Auction-Modifikation should be an add on for classifieds and no stand-alone, because it is easier to look for items in just one part of the forum, than to switch between two different places.

Thanks for the portal-block, btw.

Question:

Is it reasonable to use this mod already in a live-board?
When you'll update the mod, is it possible to make the codechanges, without killing all the already existing offers?

emerald

Post by emerald » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:29 pm

Kamahl19 wrote:Integration with any points system is not in plan yet. Maybe later. Now I am improving this MOD and thinking about Auction.
I cant decide if it would be better to do 2 different MODs, one would be Classifieds where peolpe set the price which they want for goods and they sell it to 1. interested one, and second one would be an Auction MOD which would be very simmilar but seller would set the deadline and others could raise, like classis auction on ebay :)
I think it is better to seperate classifieds and auctions. no one on my board would start an auction. they sell, buy or do a trade (item-exchange).

I have next idea for Classifieds MOD, that seller can add to buyer some good or bad points with comment and buyer can do the same for seller. But I dont know how I can fix that these points and comments will be real and only buyer do it for seller and backwards. Because when there will be 2 friends on the board they can add good comments to each other. Maybe this feature would be great for Auction because only after winning the auction there would be possibility to add comment (after receiving goods etc)
if you are interested in creating an auction mod, so you are maybe interested to get in touch with the author auf "phpbb auctions"?
it was made for phpbb 2 and the author doesn't seem to be motivated enough for creating a new version for phpbb3... ;)

concerning feeedback:
why do not use shmk's feedback mod?
it is very easy to 'connect' these two. so every one can decide if he/she wants a feedback area or not.

emerald

Post by emerald » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:36 pm

7emper5i wrote: Question:

Is it reasonable to use this mod already in a live-board?
When you'll update the mod, is it possible to make the codechanges, without killing all the already existing offers?
make a database-backup as you always do before modding.

7emper5i
Name: Philipp R.

Post by 7emper5i » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:04 pm

emerald wrote: make a database-backup as you always do before modding.
sure ;)
But my question was, if his "updates" will be programmed that way, that you don't have to rewrite the sql-tables.
With some mods, this is the case.

FNolan

Post by FNolan » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:50 pm

Kamahl19 wrote:
heredia21 wrote:How can make it to where you need at least 100 posts to post ads.
to FNolan:
2. done
3. done
4. I don't understand what you mean :)

whats more? :)
What I mean for number 4 is this . . .

See it HERE

Right now I have it added to show in all classifieds and first post in all threads so anyone can use it to Twitter, FB, MS and 200 other options the classified or post. This is a must have for classifieds so people can share them with others. If I download and install your updated version I'll have to go back in and re-edit the file I added it to to work in the classifieds.

Thanks for 2 and 3, what about number 1 ?

heredia21

Post by heredia21 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:39 pm

I cant get a thumbnail to appear at all. What am I doing wrong? This is the only thing that shows up.

heredia21

Post by heredia21 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Also regular users get the "edit" and "delete" buttons on other peoples ads. This option should only be visible for their own ads and for moderators.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”